jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

When stuff you have written is copied by someone, what is the actual damage caus

1. Gloriousconfusion profile image86
    Gloriousconfusionposted 2 years ago

When stuff you have written is copied by someone, what is the actual damage caused to the writer?

I barely earn anything from writing on HubPages, and wonder whether it is really worth the bother of chasing the person who breached my copyright, apart from the principle involved. What do you think?

2. Easy Exercise profile image85
    Easy Exerciseposted 2 years ago

Sadly your ideas and your very words are stolen. What is even more disturbing is the number of ideas you craft that are stolen - albeit rewritten.So for those hubs where the content is completely copied, word for word and sometimes with photos too, you loose traffic.
    What is great about HP is their policing of the plagiarism.

The other thing that is problematic is they steal the best of the best.

All in all very sad but that is the world and we are apart of it so we must put on our amour and write on!

1. Gloriousconfusion profile image86
      Gloriousconfusionposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I suppose I would lose traffic, but even though my Hub score is quite good, I don't normally get a lot of traffic - strange, isn't it?

2. Gloriousconfusion profile image86
      Gloriousconfusionposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Even though my Hub score is quite good, I don't normally get a lot of traffic - strange, isn't it?

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

If your article is copied, then searchers are likely to land on that page instead of yours, hurting income from Hubpages.

To make matters worse, many search engines prioritize new content over older ones. So the copied content will sometimes get a higher rating than your own.

I would inform the web host where the content was stolen and get it taken down and the thief chastened by the IT service provider.

working