Another Thief - Maybe the Entire Website

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 59 discussions (125 posts)
  1. Money Glitch profile image65
    Money Glitchposted 13 years ago

While using HubDefender searching for possible stolen hubs of mine I found this site that appears to be nothing but stolen hubs.
    ht tp://www.teldem.socialgo.com/magazine.html (added a space in front of the t not to give a direct backlink)

The thief I found - Sarah T at this link has outright copied hubs and renamed the titles then copied all the words and pictures from HubPages.  She has 23 articles and I bet all are stolen.  There is even a Facebook page making the articles appear to be owned by this site or individual
    ht tp://www.facebook.com/ posted.php?id=124718227577958 (remove the space by the t to get to the site)

Here are the hubs that I have found so far that are stolen by this Sarah T
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Have-You-Met-Your-Soul-Mate   by Enelle Lamb - Title on site - Ways to Know if You Have Met Your Soul Mate
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Are-Men-Just-An … eed-of-Dog  by H.C. Porter Title on site Men Are like Dogs
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Ten-Things-Women-Love-About-Men   by ahostagesituation Title on site What Women Love about Men
    My Hub
    Vitamin-Supplements-to-Boost-Sex-Drive Title on site Vitamins to Boost Sex Drive

I will contact these Hubbers to let them know about the theft of their hubs.  Sure the rest are stolen as well.

Posting because anyone writing hubs on relationships will probably want to check this website for a stolen article.

1. Edweirdo profile image85
      Edweirdoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As the guy who runs HubDefender.com, it truly warms my heart to see that the site is helping my fellow hubbers in the fight against Internet thievery!

big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

And BTW, when you "blocked" the link to the offending site, you placed a space between the "m" and "l" in .html - that doesn't break the link! ".html" and ".htm" are interpreted as the
      same thing by web browsers. Instead, you should but a space between the "t"s in "http" - "ht tp" - to effectively break a link...

Money Glitchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

O.k. I caught it in time, Edweirdo to make the change.  Thanks for the heads up. BTW I'm loving the HubDefender;although it has initially created more work for me... big_smile big_smile big_smile  It is so worth while cause this was the 3rd hub of mine I've found duplicated by other sites.

Sounds like you're getting off easy - most of my users have *a lot* more than 3 stolen hubs!

Just out of curiosity, have you used the auto-generated "Cease and Desist Letter" feature when contacting sites that have copied your content?

Not yet, but I'm getting ready to use the letter because one hub has been duplicated several times. Any thing specific I need to know??

Hopefully not! It should be pretty self-explanatory. There's even a link at the bottom of the page (after you create the letter) to fetch the whois info so you know who the web service provider is (if that is who you decide to send the letter to)

Let me know how it works out!

1. Dense profile image61
                Denseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nice tool, Edweirdo! smile
                Just signed up and giving it a test run. smile

2. funride profile image69
            funrideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very useful information Edweirdo, thanks ;-)

3. rmr profile image68
            rmrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Edweirdo, I just used that feature today, and got quite a response. The lady was truly offended that I had the nerve to call posting my entire hub on her blog copyright infringement. Apparently, it's not plagiarism when they post your entire work, then leave a link to your profile lol.

1. Pcunix profile image89
              Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have had people try to tell me that too.  Their ISP showed them reality very quickly.

1. rmr profile image68
                rmrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's definitely not the first time I've had a thief tell me that, but this was the most rude and obnoxious response I've ever gotten from a content crook. I think ignorance lies at the bottom of it in some cases, but certainly not all of them.

Oh, I know.  I had one who did an "LOL - there's  nothing you can do about it!"

Oh, how wrong he was smile

2. evvy_09 profile image60
        evvy_09posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Awesome website.  Up until now I had no idea how everyone was finding out that their content was stolen.  I just signed up for the free version but will definately upgrade when I get a few more hubs written. 
        Only thing that came up for me is direct inspirational quotes I took from other websites on my hub about what inspires me.

3. Pcunix profile image89

You have a great service there, but I'd like to see options for less frequent scans.  I do this manually once or twice a year and really don't feel a strong need to do it more often.  Also, a yearly prepayment always sits better with me..

Oh, also - some sites, but not all, treat htm as the same as .html.  It's not automatic at all. I mention that because if your scanning tool normalizes under that assumption, it could be incorrect.

Thanks PCunix!

In the effort to attempt to serve as many users as possible, I decided to setup the site's search schedule at a level that would be frequent enough to be worth paying for, but not so frequent that it would exceed the resources available on the server that hosts the site. As it is, I am right at the edge of the resource capacity for the hosting plan that I'm paying for!

There are always trade-offs to be made with a site like HubDefender, and the free version was my attempt to still provide the service for those who didn't want to (or couldn't afford to) pay for the automated features available with the paid subscription version.

If you already manually perform duplicate content searches once or twice a year, the free version of HubDefender.com can at least make that process much less tedious big_smile

As for the htm/html issue, that is not a part of my site's internal processing - I use the full URL as it is listed in each user's RSS feed. I just noticed that the link-blocking technique used in the original post here was not effective...

No, I would want the paid version as the number is getting too large. I'll sign up tomorrow.

But I would think offering a less frequent schedule would help your resource limits as you could stagger more.

Just a thought.

2. profile image0
            shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

*swoon... Edweirdo - such a talent!* wink

(no crush, just total respect)

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

thanks for the heads up. those people are such losers. they're everywhere.

You're right and this one has nerve enough to post to Facebook like it is her's that really takes balls.

3. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

I found another one today too.  One of my hubs is there.  Not in it's entirety though.  I had a list of 25 things and they narrowed it down to 15.  LOL   This person has over 200 articles they've posted since mid October.  My guess is that many of them belong to other hubbers too.  I filed my DMCA complaint today and posted a comment on the offending article letting them know I had and that I highly recommended they remove any other stolen content.  As of now, my article is still up.

This is the link to their profile.  Like Money Glitch, I have added a space between the t's in http at the next to the last character to avoid giving them a direct backlink.  You may want to see if any of the 200+ articles are yours.

ht tp://www.bukisa.com/people/m0n3y198 9

Darn, Thanks for the heads up KCC...

4. teldem profile image60
    teldemposted 13 years ago

hello Kcc, Glitch and the host of others, i dont know what this response is going to cause me....  but i use this medium to write to apologise to the hubbers who their article is in the site, teldem.socialgo.com

it was a new site and was trying to do everything to make it up and doing.. i guess some of the members including me crossed the line trying to stand our feets...

I am here to say to everyone, i am sorry and by the way, i have hubs here... no i do write just not having enough time to be writing from start to ending... but i have few i have written myself... still have alot to write too... just the time to sit and put them all. maybe i should have giving reference to the write in hub and quoting their profile id for further reading. i think this wouldn't have been a problem or if, maybe little... i saw hubdefender yesterday in the site and also today.. i do not want to offend anyone so i am here to say i am sorry.. if you have any remedy to this or u want me to do anything for u to make up this mess, kindly let me know and your wish will be granted..

hope to hear from you soon..

Plain and simple.  REMOVE THE HUBS NOW that you have copied or face the penalties of DMCA complaints.

1. teldem profile image60
        teldemposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ok... thanks glitch.. i will remove the hubs now.. again didnt mean to offend anyone.. and when i am done removing it, i will be glad if everything you have done or others have done against the site should be undone as i am remove all now..

i will want u to please contact the parties u have complained to that the hubs have been removed. you can check it later if u find any others, let me know and it shall be removed as well...

Glitch, if you have any further title you think its from hub pages let me know. and do not generalise the entire website as a fraud or thief website.. i will like you to recall that statement as its an insult to the page.. again please forgive everything as i am trying to make corrections. i have the topics listed here and hope to hear from anyone who thinks their hubs is copied to the site.. my direct email is danielcharles312@yahoo.com

i am doing these now cos i do not want any problem. a warning message will be sent to all members and including myself...

take care and have a nice sunday.. God bless you..

2. ahostagesituation profile image80
      ahostagesituationposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Teldem, that's a really brave admission on your part.  I got that email and thought, "plagiarism, you say? NOW, I'm a real writer!" Can't speak for the others, but all is forgiven as far as I'm concerned.  Hope your site is a success.

I dont know what to tell you and i want to say thanks for your comment. when a heart speaks, its known, when starts walks, its noticed, when a potential comments, its highly read with full concentration and decoding.

thanks. i have removed lot of topics from the page... i can't blame anyone.. really want something that will lead people to the page and i encouraged everyone to do what it takes to set it going. u see that is my fault.. the sky shall be your stepping stone ahostagesituation. thank you once again.

5. Money Glitch profile image65

All have been given a link to this forum posting.  And they will make pertinent decisions for themselves as to what action steps they will take if any. 

Don't be surprise if you get DMCAs filed anyway because people here do not take likely to having their work stolen by anyone and definitely not by hubbers.

stolen is an extreme.. but its ok for whatever terms you used.... please my email is up.. if anyone deem it fit to contact me before filing complains, that will be highly appreciated....

if there is any further way i can be of help to those who have their hub copied, please let me know. anything to make it up for all of you.. glitch u can check the site again for the listed topics above, it has been deleted... i await further hubbers.. you can use report content to reach me otherwise email me directly......

if u have a heart in you, i say i am sorry to all... please accept this..
      take care once again..

1. Enelle Lamb profile image73
        Enelle Lambposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just a note - Stolen is NOT an extreme! Those hubs earn us income from adsense - by copying them you are taking our income from these hubs...that my friend is indeed stealing!
        If I decide to post my work on a different site, that is my business and still my income - for someone else to do it is theft no matter how you try and justify the reasoning behind it.

1. RedElf profile image89
          RedElfposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Copying someone else's work and posting it as your own is called plagiarism. According to dictionary.com, the definition of plagiarism is this:

pla·gia·rism
             /ˈpleɪdʒəˌrɪzəm, -dʒiəˌrɪz-/ Show Spelled[pley-juh-riz-uhm, -jee-uh-riz-] Show IPA
          –noun
          1. the unauthorized use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one's own original work.
          2. something used and represented in this manner.

Synonyms: appropriation, fraud, theft

As you can see, the appropriation of another's intellectual property (their writing) is called theft.

It all comes down to money - the only reason to get a site "up and running quickly" is so that it will make money for someone - it's owners? Appropriating the work of others and posting it as your own to earn money for you is theft.

6. KCC Big Country profile image85

Teldem-it takes a big man to come forward and admit your wrong-doing.  Thank you for stepping forward and trying to remedy it.

As Money Glitch said it is not something we take very lightly.  We have all worked very hard creating articles and for someone to come along and just copy them and use them as their own is stealing.  If you stop to think about it, you'll understand that.  Put yourself in our shoes.

7. KCC Big Country profile image85

Thanks Edweirdo....I was still able to edit my post and break the link.

8. Money Glitch profile image65

Wonderful, sounds like a great time saver. Thanks!

glitch dear, now that i have remedied your accusation can you please remove this link about my site? it tarnishes my image a lot.. i beg for this.

9. ahostagesituation profile image80
    ahostagesituationposted 13 years ago

Thanks for the email, MG and for looking out for other writers.  Really cool thing to do.  Just read your email and followed the link here.  I'd received some other emails about plagiarized work of mine, but not on this particular site.  Hazards of internet writing...thanks so much for the heads up!

10. teldem profile image60

thanks kcc for your words.. its my fault was trying to get the site up and doing. maybe i encouraged it and practically part of it.. u can view my profile, i have my own hub here not many but a few.. i still wait people to send me topics which they think belongs to them. i will search it out in hub and then delete it from the site.... the did has been done.. just the remedy that remains..

glitch dear, so sorry for everything and all others who this action offended...

11. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Why are You Here?
    You Promote yourself as 'TD' which intimates that you are also the site owner! - Are you Nigerian?

As 'Site Owner' YOU ARE LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE for ALL Content on your site and/or promoted via agency by your site or others by association with your site!

I Do Not Believe that You Do Not Know That or that you Are Not Aware that YOUR SITE is FULL OF STOLEN ARTICLES AND PHOTOS!

Perhaps your arrogance dictates that you 'smooth talk' the members here... but I personally do not accept your insincerity mate! Or Your Hollow Justifications!

I Suggest that you take your broom and sweep your site clean of STOLEN CONTENT or I think that you will find out what else can be done with such a tool!  How Dare You Breach the Trust and Copyright of members of this community... WHY ARE YOU HERE?

I Hate Thieves!  I Don't Give a Rat's Butt How Much they apologize! They ONLY Do so, Coz they have been Caught!

Take your Broom and do an honest days work mate!

i dont have to balem you for the way you talk to me because i have given you the room to do so.. i came out here to apologise and not everyone who can do this. i am not the only listed site who have a copied content... if you have your eyes open, you will read all i have said that i am not out of the crime and i intend to clear it out. i went as far as given my personal email for people to email incase they have any related thing. u coming up here to say such words after reading all i have written is out of immaturity and rudeness..

and thank you glitch yes. i learn my lesson and i am still waiting for other people complain as for the first 3 topics listed, all have been removed... and thanks again for your understanding as i do not wish to argue with anyone as the site is at fault..

1. Pearldiver profile image66
        Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow... Perfect timing Mate!!

In my Opinion, You Are NOT WORTHY of the time people have spent here as a result of actions that you KNOWINGLY Conducted and now seek to justify for only the reason that you were caught!

Many of your Countrymen are well practiced Internet Scammers and you have followed that template to a tee - right down to your YAHOOOOOOO Personal/Business Email Address - Which you likely use as a phishing pole anyway, like your colleagues!

We are Honest People.... Do you consider us fools as such?
        You have STOLEN Our Assets - That is Theft
        It Doesn't matter how much you attempt to justify your actions or to feign hurt feelings from an honest and direct shot to your head!
        You Knowingly Support and by having others associated with your site, encourage, the fraudulent act of using other people's documents for pecuniary advantage!
        While that might earn you a pat on the back in Nigeria.. we will (as Owners of Stolen Assets) do and say whatever is required to have those who Knowingly Commit these crimes Dealt to!
        Now - by your own admittance (and don't bleat Duress at me!) you have stated that you are a Thief AND That you have STOLEN OUR ASSETS!
        If you don't appreciate the words of Honest People - then If The Hat Fits - You ARE Still a Thief... And Not so honest!
        - Why don't you pay for and maintain a site email address?
        - Is it because that requires Bone Fide Personal Details to be provided? Or is it just a simple case of using Free share web sites, that don't provide such?
        BAD NEWS.... I believe that if it looks, acts, talks, justifies and moves like a scammer... then it probably is one! big_smile

@ PC - We both know that his site is governed by US laws
        Perhaps he is not so bright as to understand what REAL Powers can be used within the application of the statutes? hmm

i do not know what your name is, i think you have a heart of a stone.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
            psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So you don't practice what you are preaching to us?

12. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

It is a big lesson Teldom has learned and he will resolve the issue.  Forgiveness is a gift of greatness, especially when a person requests mercy.

God bless you for your kind words

13. KCC Big Country profile image85

The support team for the site I mentioned in my first post to this thread has contacted me this morning and they advise that they have removed all 200+ articles by the offender and also suspended the user.  So, that should take care of any possible duplication issues with that person on that site.

Teldem, there is only a limited amount of time a person can edit their posts.  You can verify this yourself by looking at your earlier comments in this thread.  Your newer ones will still have an "edit" button, but the older ones will not.  Money Glitch will not be able to alter any of their early posts to this thread as you are asking them to.  You can only hope that people will read this entire thread and judge for themselves.

ok kcc i understand.. thanks for everything and your maturity too.

14. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

Well I just checked out SarahT and the fact that she's still got stolen hubs up tells me this guy isn't serious. Thooghun is the latest victim. His h ttp://hubpages.com/hub/Have-You-Met-Your-Soul-Mate is now featured prominently.

I say the whole site should come down, if this guy has allowed so much plagerism and thievery and isn't willing to be responsible. At the least, SarahT should be deleted in her entirety.

His line that WE have to ask to have something removed, is total evasion.

i noticed those who do not know how to talk will come out and send their silly words at me today.. i dont want to regret my decision coming out here. the topic u mentioned now is not in my site. if it was there i guess is one of the listed topic by glitch and it has been deleted hrs back. tell me where u find that hub right now that u pasted up above?

this isn't happening and i know some hearts ain't just the same.. i have spoken to kcc as a matured hubber here today and glitch.. others seems to be very insulting.. we can talk this without insulting anyone or throwing abusive words to anyone. the one u all see are the one on other blog sites. maybe there are others people printed and are going to write out.. anyway i am sorry to all again. insults should stop

2. Enelle Lamb profile image73
      Enelle Lambposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually Nellie, "Have-You-Met-Your-Soul-Mate is mine...

15. KCC Big Country profile image85

Teldem, you seem to want to resolve this.  It's important that you remove any and ALL articles from your site that are duplicates of anyone else's work.  Don't wait for them to point them out or catch them.

kcc i wan tto remove them when i know the hub. i can't figure it out without knowing the title.. i just want the title to be able to remove them. Sarah T is not me. and other people have hubs there too. so i will wait to see if anyone complains.. i guess i am not the only one who his page copied hub. but i just want to resolve it and apologise to those affected..

1. KCC Big Country profile image85
        KCC Big Countryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can handle it how you want.  I've given my advice.  I don't know your level of control over that site. Are you the owner? The more pro-active you can be to suspend accounts or articles that you believe are copies, the better.

yes i will look out properly for any further hubs... first i am a contributor to it and again i let it happen too. so u see why i will not retaliate any insult here? anyhow thanks for ur advise..

2. Pcunix profile image89

Then you should simply remove everything.

I suspect you've done enough that your ISP may just shut you down anyway because of the volume of complaints.  IMHO, that is what should happen, because you are obviously unwilling to ferret this stuff out yourself and frankly seem to have a very casual attitude toward theft.

another polite insult. thanks..

1. Reality Bytes profile image75
            Reality Bytesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What do you expect?  If you were not caught you would be fine to just allow stolen property to remain.  If you had not been caught would you be on this forum right now confessing to your crimes?

Exactly!

2. Pcunix profile image89

Bull. You are just as capable of using tools to search for duplicate content as anyone else is. It will cost you some time and perhaps some money, but as you are the one responsible for this, you should be responsible for cleaning it up.

Your attitude is disgusting, and that is NOT meant to be polite!

16. profile image0

Again there are still stolen hubs up and from Sarah T. I have emailed Thooghun about his.

17. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

It is your job to locate and remove the stolen content, not ours.  Surely you can remember which material *you* wrote, and then just delete all the rest.

i can't be so sure if all the hubs in the page are stolen. glitch issue is cleared. she listed it out and i removed them. i do not have problem with it.. but before anyone insults me, they should please read all i have been writing. i want to resolve it.. my personal email is up. just notify me and in a minute the page will be gone.

18. profile image0

If you own this site, then it's time to get the stolen stuff off it. If you're the admin, then it's time for the people who stole hubs, to be gone.

19. profile image0

I would love to know what country you're located in that you feel so secure. Because if I find any of my content there, a DMCA complaint is only a starting place for me to make your life totally miserable.

The "insults" will stop when the stealing on your site stops.

Nelle this is really unfair. your content was not found there. why insulting like this? listen. if shutting the site down put smile on your face. then please do it ok nelle...

since morning, i have been so polite with everyone and i am stil now. but the abusive part of the comments is not hurts me.. cos i have not been rude in anyway. anyway thanks for the embarrasement nelle.. not ur fault.

20. profile image0

Great your a polite thief. I would rather a rude honest writer. It's only luck, that you didn't steal something of mine. And when you duplicate hub content, you have the potential to hurt all of us in the eyes of google.

I just realized I could get a forum ban for being insulting. Oh well, it's worth it if I do.

If HP starts banning us for insulting a thief, I think PC has gone way too far.

21. teldem profile image60

Nelle, i will suggest you stop the abuse. whatever happens, its my fault. i will search more of the hubs and delete it.. i am happy ur hub is not there too. i am polite cos i dont want to be rude. milkiness is not weakness. anyway take care

22. teldem profile image60

Please be free to visit the site at anytime and find any copied hub. if you find any, email at danielcharles312@yahoo.com, the moment i receive the email, i will remove the blog immediately otherwise use REPORT CONTENT and drop me a message..

with this, this issue will be resolved immediately. i have sent message to all the members warning of related issues as for me, its all noted too.

if you all have a heart, u will understand that every problem have a solution. if you think closing down or shutting down the site is the best option, i can't stop you. but if you think i have been reasonable and cooperating and u feel its better to let me know before taking further step, i will highly appreciate it...

once again wish everyone good sunday. i was suppose to be a fellow hubber but due to this problem, i have been highly discriminated and named a thief.

23. profile image0

I've reported your profile and the hubs that you have linking to your site to the HubPages staff.

24. jokeapptv profile image59
    jokeapptvposted 13 years ago

wow this is soo sad. I would think be would not need to do that.
    with ebay,zazzle,and craigslist they resort to that sad.

25. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Well I just had a quick look and found http://hubpages.com/hub/10-Daily-Activi … ationships by Kathryn Vercillo (SarahT again)an article by Teldem himself that he has published here. Plus http://hubpages.com/hub/Does-Age-Matter … ationships this poor guy's work has been copied by several sites!

26. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

there is no acceptable excuse for copying content and using it as your own. I once had someone steal a few of my articles and he said the same thing, telling me how he was not as good a writer and how he was so sorry. he was sorry he got caught!

27. Money Glitch profile image65

Wow, thanks to everyone for sharing your thoughts and your findings.

Through our efforts, I see that Sarah T is down from 23 articles to 7.

However,teldem - If you are sincere about cleaning up your site.  You need to know that here are two other articles that were taken from the below site.

Be a social butterfly – by Sarah T
    ht tp://www.thesite.org/sexandrelationships/familyandfriends/friendships/beasocialbutterfly

Mending a broken heart – by Eva
    ht tp://www.thesite.org/sexandrelationships/singles/singlelife/mendingabrokenheart

hello glitch, i just read it and it is removed.. there is no single blog on sarah T anymore. that is cleaned.

and for eva, it is removed too. thanks for letting me know that

28. profile image0

If Teldem was sincere, Sarah T. would be GONE! There are very few websites that would allow her to continue.

If he were sincere, he would be running all his stuff against dupe checkers and thoroughly investigating everything he finds.

His whole site should be taken down and if he uses Google, they should drop him.

29. psycheskinner profile image84

Quite.  Asking you to remove stolen materal from your site is not rude.  Stealing material and putting it on your site *is* rude.  Demanding that the victims of the theft point out exact urls and refusing to remove stolen content unless this is done is also rude, and illegal.

dont worry, everything has been removed. if you have any further hub u find out, let me know..

30. teldem profile image60

i guess everything has been removed now.. there is no attached blog to sarah nor eva unless 'family tree'

if there is any further complains, please i will be glad to know this.. its piteous to know that i am the only one who came out and face the problem and some people with their stinking mouth had the guts to pour some insults on me.

it could happen to anyone. when you are controlling a page, you can't control everything member does.. the only way is drawing ones attention to things like that. facebook have a lot of materials member copy from different locations. i think you wont query facebook because its an established website. anyhow thanks to everyone both those who are abusive and those who were very matured, reasonable and are still now..

take care..

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well my 'stinking mouth' is fed up with your self-rightous theivery. There are plenty of sites that don't allow it and take steps to make sure that their members know better. If you don't have the expertise to run a site - perhaps you shouldn't.

2. Pearldiver profile image66

WHY DON'T YOU Answer the Questions I asked you Cowboy? hmm

Your aggression shows that your humility is insincere!

You Are a Thief! I asked You What are you doing here? hmm

As far as your 'Stinking Mouth' comment is concerned.. it merely endorses your arrogance!
      You are a Well-Practiced, Not-so-smart Scammer and you got busted.. End Of Story...

I think all that could be construed as a Breach of the thief's TOS Agreement here... Perhaps we need to confirm that!

reading your words shows some signs of arrogant and insolence.. if you are a man, i think your wife definitely will have problem with you, if you are a worker, your boss will find it hard to cope with your attitude.

do not use situation to insult people. you are a theorist, you conclude so fast and identify me as a thief. anyway, let whoever want to shut the site down go ahead.. it does not really matter anymore..

Oh Please... You howl like a naughty dirty dog that got caught pooping in his master's shoes! roll
          Don't attempt to put everyone on a guilt trip because you got caught being a dirty dog!
          Clean up your mess and hit the road Jack!

Have you noticed that you have been entertained here by Senior Hubbers.. all who have a vastly greater idea of what 'being a hubber is' and all of whom abhor Stolen Content...
          You deal in stolen content... don't be so arrogant as to consider that you are a writer! If you were; there would be no reason for you to steal.. so Cya go write some of your own material!

Who I am as a person is totally irrelevant to your actions... big_smile
          Who I am to others is also totally irrelevant to you! hmm
          Yet clearly I am somewhat more respected in this arena than you!
          Who I am as a man is completely relevant to you..
          If we are to commence proceedings against You!
          Let's just say if that happens... GoodLuck mate!
          Let's just say if you do this BS again.. I will make you a True Celebrity - An Internet Legend...
          Now go away and leave the party that you gate crashed!!
          Perhaps we will ask you to our next one if you can resist the urge to violate the shoes of honest hardworking people!!

31. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

Go get 'em Enelle - and Nelle!

32. profile image0

Oops sorry Enelle. Thooghum is probably wondering what I was drinking this morning.

33. Enelle Lamb profile image73
    Enelle Lambposted 13 years ago

I thought those two looked familiar - I received an email from Money Glitch about one of my hubs - http://hubpages.com/hub/Have-You-Met-Your-Soul-Mate
    I am pleased to report that it is not listed on the site, however, there are still a couple of copied hubs up.
    Personally I am very disappointed that someone would steal our content just to promote their site. On one hand I'm flattered that I was included, and on the other I'm pissed that they couldn't ask ME to post it, and resorted to just stealing it instead.
    I think that the whole site should come down until the parties who copied our content remove everything that doesn't belong to them! If it means an apology to the people who have posted their own content, that is a small price to pay to repair the damage.
    I checked the link to facebook - as I was going to complain, and saw that the page is no longer posted. Also the link that KCC Big Country listed leads to a 404 not found page now.

Enelle,

its a pity i fall into this mess explaining myself over and over again. yes i traced everything glitch identified and remove all of them. please for those who still think there are stolen blogs there, they should prove it and send me the link. i will find out and remove it as i have done to others.

and for those who sent insults to me, is none of your faults.. hubbers are suppose to handle issues amicably. we writes to the world, we portray good manners and better way of depositing words, but what i have seen here are people who are so fortunate to have the skill of writing without manner or a heart.

I am not proud of whatever happen to me these days but i prolong the issue by coming up here and admitting my problem.  anyway sorry Enelle.. i will try to make sure this does not happen again.

34. KCC Big Country profile image85

Teldem, I'm not sure you understand the frustration felt by those you've offended.  You're taking their remarks as personal stabs at you as though you're blameless.  You've admitted your wrong-doing.  Most of us have had to deal with faceless/nameless offenders stealing our work. You're the first I've seen to come forward and attempt to face it.  But, don't be surprised when some are more frustrated than others.  You represent every person before you that has done this to us.  And as Nelle said earlier, copying our content hurts us all in Google's eyes.  These hubs are our livelihood either in part or total.

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

KCC, you and I are quite the good cop / bad cop team. Thank you for putting a logic to my irritation. You're right this is the only income I have, and it could just as easily been some of my hubs. And in any event duplicate content can injure us all.

1. KCC Big Country profile image85

Thanks, Nelle.  Hopefully, everything will be removed that is copied content and Teldem will have learned a valuable lesson.

2. teldem profile image60

Kcc, i understand the frustration. yes i observed everyone pouring anger on me.. Kcc, the painful part is that the people insulting me got no hub there. that is absurd insulting me when i have done nothing to you.

what would they say fellow hubber? i am a hubber too. i fell victim here.  i know people are frustrated. there are people who find their hub in other site and they only posted it here and no one came forth to take this shitt i am taking right now and what have they done to them, report? that is it right.. but i came out here trying to show to everyone that i am sorry. and these people got the opportunity to insult me.. it does not matter if your hub is there or not.. i read from a hubber in this place who told me that her hub was part of it and she told me since i have removed it, its all forgiven.. that is a heart. what frustration? this is no frustration from a hub but from their personal life having the opportunity to transfer it to a victim.. if they think they are hurt, i am hurt too.

a selfish person is the only one who think everything from their point of view without considering others. i have apologised the best way i can.. not some set of naive and fortunate writers having guts to send insults to me.

35. psycheskinner profile image84

An attempt to face it, but saying it is not stealing and saying we have to report every individual page to get it taken down.

36. RedElf profile image89

Good for you for coming forward! I applaud your action in stepping up and admitting your wrong-doing.

Coming forward, however courageous an act that is, does not absolve you of what you did.

It's great to admit your part in the theft of articles, and even better to see that the articles are taken down, but don't expect a free pass from those you have injured.

They are going to be upset that you would have done this, or encouraged others to do this in the first place.

37. profile image0

Hi Pearldriver, Great to see that the Kiwi's have woke up so I can go to sleep. But first I must practice yoga for an hour and open my mind, heart and body to joy, peace and love. Fight the good fight!

Hi Nelle... Good night!
      The night shift have clocked in and this good natured Nigerian Scammer is a done diddle.... Until the next round! 
      He'll be back... like a pesky fly! big_smile
      What a Shame his site reputation is rodgered! yikes
      Wow... Gotta be some good stuff on WikiLeaks today!
      Our PM is side stepping the issue!
      Amazing the power of the written word huh? hmm

38. teldem profile image60

shazwellynposted 21 hours ago
    It is a big lesson Teldom has learned and he will resolve the issue.  Forgiveness is a gift of greatness, especially when a person requests mercy.

that is what someone wrote, she is a hubber with a heart.. this is a leader, a world seer not some sorts of fortunate writer who transferring frustration from their personal lives..

anyway, i am done with this, u can't find any further hub there anymore cos i remove all from sarah T and Eva as mentioned here..

and please to everyone stop the insults. anyway it does not matter anymore.. if they shut it down, to God be the glory.. i guess some of these people take their bible and go to church everyday calling for God forgiveness in their lives.. that's terrible

1. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The people are angry, but you have done the right thing.  All sparks die out in the end and you will pick yourself up and start again. 

You have been the butt of every person who has stolen content from them, so the wave of negativity is strong.  Suffer the scapegoat, but know in your heart that a lesson has been well learned.

Wouldn't it be a better world if everyone owned up to their wrong doings? 

Good things to come out of this: 

Edweirdo's hubdefender works well, Teldem has learned a great lesson, people can now participate in an affordable dupe content scanner, forgiveness, humility, ownership to wrong doings, mercy.

The true culprits are those who dont have any conscience and continue to steal, for them, there is no redemption.

39. H.C Porter profile image81
    H.C Porterposted 13 years ago

question... Once copied content is removed from these sites- how long does it take for it to show on the search on the hubdefender site?
    I used the HubDefender.com tool today and found quite a few of my hubs have been copied in full and someone re-posted my work as their own. I did notice that Money Glitch had a hub on this site as well...
    Anyone who was copied to the Relationships Magazine Site- may want to check this one out too... Appears to be much of the same content...
    ht tp://www.all4luv.co m/
    and
    ht tp://www.dylinprestly.co m/

Thanks H.C. for the e-mails and the posting about these site locations as well. Will definitely look into it and report in if necessary! big_smile

40. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

teldem on HubPages

Sorry, this user has been banned from HubPages.

Thank You Team... smile

And Thanks everyone else who helped drop kick a Thief..

- I'm sorry but I personally do not believe that 'forgiving' this one is the correct approach... This one will be back. I also base my 'heartlessness' on the following:

- There is a very basic respect that I believe every person on earth knows... that if it is Not Theirs then it is likely owned by someone else... and when it has a sign on it that says 'Owned by...' they have the opportunity to ask if they can 'use' it!

Anyway... Well Done Again Everyone...
    With a bit of luck... HP writers will gain a reputation for the kicking butts of those that steal their stuff!!! That would likely deter one or two scammers wouldn't it... as opposed to 'sure help yourself.. I forgive you!'

@ HC... It's a daily grind... I'm sure that once the site has been recrawled then it's absence is noted...
    I'm sure this last one will just recycle - they Don't Give Up THAT easily - I wonder if any of these sites are associated to - Teldom with the YaHoooooo business account hmm

I found my work on one called - wiki wheels dotcom the other day.. they also look like they have scrapped a couple of other HP hubs too... Maybe worth a look there! - However I will say that they took down the hub when I threatened to neuter them! smile
    Good Luck

41. Money Glitch profile image65

"and when it has a sign on it that says 'Owned by...' they have the opportunity to ask if they can 'use' it!"

I agree with you, Pearldiver! Just think this is the third attempt to take back hubs that have been stolen from Hubbers, within the last 10 days or so.  SunForged found the first ones and posted here a little over 10 days ago, Red Elf had someone with 200 articles on another site to be taken down during this episode, and the 25 or so here.  That's some serious kick butt action. http://i25.tinypic.com/29ql636.jpg

Thanks to everyone that assisted in finding all our hubs, and getting this matter resolved rather quickly.

Thanks to the HubTeam as well, in taking that final step and banning the offender. Enough said! smile

42. Money Glitch profile image65

Correction of statement - "SunForged found the first ones and posted here a little over 10 days ago, Red Elf had someone with 200 articles on another site to be taken down during this episode, and the 25 or so here."

OOPs, my apologies ladies (KCC Big Country and RedElf) was multi-tasking while posting this and gave credit to the wrong cute little furry animal. big_smile It was KCC Big Country that found the 200 articles that were taken down and RedElf was the cheerleader this go round. big_smile

Thanks again!

43. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

Not sure if this in appalling bad taste but on the bright side this thread did give me some badly needed inspiration.

44. RedElf profile image89

Nelle and KCC - your comments about copied content have raised another question.
    One of my hubs has been copied, but I don't think I can do much about it, because the copier posted the whole thing, including "written by RedElf" and a link to the original hub. So now I have a "copied content" notice on my hub, and am wondering if this will be a problem. I know there is no penalty on HubPages, but what about Google?

It doesn't change anything because he gave you credit.  You have the COPYRIGHT, which means people need your permission to copy.

This is a common misconception that credit and a link make it ok. It is not.

2. KCC Big Country profile image85

Red Elf......I have a similar situation that has come up.  I have a hub that almost the entire hub has been copied, but they say it is an excerpt of my article and give me credit...no link.  I still don't like it being there.  I agree that HP says they're not penalizing me, but I feel like Google does because my HP article is no longer unique content.  I have to do some "whois" digging to figure out who to notify on mine.  Having a teaser paragraph and a link simliar to what we put on RedGage would be ok I think.  But, having a significant portion, or all of the article is not.

45. profile image0

KCC and RedElf - I don't like duplicate content and I think eventually it hurts. There are other hubbers that disagree with me.

I used to be lenient with people and just request a backlink. Perhaps lazy is a better word. Now I demand the content be taken down. If isn't I go to their ISP, google and where ever else I can to make my point.

Usually if people steal your content, they steal other stuff, and that's not a site I want a backlink from.

46. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Thanks Money for this post and Eds Hubdefender plus KCC and Redelf.

I have a hub which was copied and even my username was out there too including my photo beside my username and the link. The HP staff informed me and I gave a notice to the website. They removed it, then, when I checked my hub is there on google first page ahead of the wikipedia article with 1.6 million entry, wow. Before they removed it, my hub was at the second page. I don't earn from the hub because it is an inspirational hub, but it is still not good copying others content, WHEW

I have three hubs copied in a China .cn site and I can't do anything about it, I filed DMCA and nothing happened, they have adsense in their sites too

You can tell Google.  They can at least take down the Adsense.

2. Sufidreamer profile image80
      Sufidreamerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have had some experience with Chinese sites stealing content - they tend to slip down the rankings very quickly, so I don't spend too much time tracking the owners down.

I am merciless with other thieves, though big_smile

47. psycheskinner profile image84

You can report the url to Google and cause them to lose their adsense, even if the webmater's server is outside the US the Google ads server is not.

1. Sufidreamer profile image80
      Sufidreamerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

True - I am forgetting that the whole process is now much easier smile

That was in the old days, where you had to fax or mail Google, which was not an easy process from here!

48. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Thanks Pcunix and Psyche. I will do that today, I just got tired of following it up after three weeks of notice duplicate content from HP staff, and every other day I have one for the last three weeks, Some I cleaned up already, some like .cn are notorious

@Sufi, if nothing comes out of what will I do today, then I will just sing the song, "Let it Be"

49. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I've had a hub content's stolen and reposted in its entirety on an amazon site - askville.amazon.com to be exact. Silly thing is, its an Amazon hub and without the links and photos it doesn't make much sense. I've written to the poster and asked him to remove it and heard nothing back.
    Thing is, the poster included my link and it has given me a backlink - the only one that hub has! I've still got the copyright warning on my hub but am unsure how to proceed.

50. psycheskinner profile image84

They may still require the DMCA statement to be faxed, I haven't done one for Adsense recently.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)