jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Would you leave a great paying job because your boss sucks?

1. jaydawg808 profile image89
    jaydawg808posted 18 months ago

Would you leave a great paying job because your boss sucks?

Benefits are great, job pays great, but your boss sucks. Will not listen to your ideas, and will definitely not promote you. Is blind to see your true potential. Would you leave that job because of this?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13176579_f260.jpg

2. AdrienChelsea profile image60
    AdrienChelseaposted 18 months ago

If I had something promising that I knew could turn into something great I would.  Being appreciated is one of the most important things to me and I can't work for someone who doesn't appreciate how hard I work.  There are always cuts you can make to your budget to support a lower wage.  Life is too short to be unhappy and you can't take it with you when you go.

jaydawg808posted 18 months agoin reply to this

Well said! Thank you!

3. ptosis profile image80
    ptosisposted 18 months ago

Yes if going to lose any more teeth from grinding jaw while smiling insanely.

jaydawg808posted 18 months agoin reply to this

Great analogy!

4. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 17 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13152010_f260.jpg

HELL YES!   Why stay in a job which seems like heaven but is in actuality.....H-E-L-L!  No job is worth it.  After awhile, one's emotional, mental, & even physical health & well-being will be adversely affected.  GET OUT of any job which you aren't respected, rewarded, & seen as a human being.  GET OUT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE...........

5. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 17 months ago

I left an employer because of an outright hostile environment that my manager said "just suck it up and put up with it".
    The company was already left wing, but new management took it further. Mandatory diversity classes on unconscious bias turned into "all whites are racist, all men are sexist, all heterosexuals are -phobic". Point out the obvious bias of those statements, get punished.
    What was egregious was in the name of making sexual minorities comfortable, the deliberate and public discussion of private topics. A woman talked about how her husband left her for a man. I said it was sad her marriage of 30 years ended because of his self-centeredness. I was penalized for it. A woman was pushed to stand up and ask for advice on her husband wanting to cheat on the side with men but stay married for the sake of 4 children under 10. I asked if she wanted a referral to a good divorce attorney. Penalized by HR.
    Their definition of respect was "never express an opinion contrary to far left values or get punished". And these public discussions of someone's life dissolving was never seen by HR as a violation of someone's privacy.
    I asked after a dozen different social engineering sessions (part of every weekly, monthly and departmental meeting) when all these talks celebrating men leaving their wives / cheating on wives became sexual harassment for the rest of us. I was told it could not be. I said as a Christian, I'm uncomfortable with the constant celebration of adultery. I was challenged to prove the degree of my faith, was I just saying that to try to get out of mandatory sessions. So much for respect of differing viewpoints.
    One manager was threatened with demotion for saying "instead of leaning in on the governor of Indiana for passing a law that says let bakers refuse to make cakes they find to be blasphemy, let's lean on Saudi Arabia that executes homosexuals". HR was enforcing far left politics in the workplace, no tolerance for Christians or conservatives.
    People were asked their political opinions by management, and if you didn't give the right answer, you were sent to "training" to change your mind. Want a promotion? Parrot the far left politics and agree to enforce it in all areas on others. This is like Communist political officers ensuring political loyalty, but in a state still supposedly free.
    So I finished paying off the house and quit for a lower paying job that doesn't come with a side of social engineering.

6. WiccanSage profile image95
    WiccanSageposted 17 months ago

Depends on how much I needed it.

Sometimes  you need to do what you have to do... I have been poor so I fully respect that sometimes you have to suck it up and put up with a hell of a lot.

But if I hate a job and have other options, like finding a different job, then no, I wouldn't put up with it for longer than I had to.

7. Shyron E Shenko profile image81
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 17 months ago

No, it is too hard to find a job and if you do, just do what you have to do to keep the job. If you have an opportunity to help the psycho boss understand the error of his ways, then do so.

1. profile image31
      seam998posted 17 months agoin reply to this

it would definitely depend on other factors, mostly how badly I needed the job and how terrible the boss actually wa

8. Paxash profile image98
    Paxashposted 17 months ago

For me, it would definitely depend on other factors, mostly how badly I needed the job and how terrible the boss actually was.

Personally I have a lot of problems with mental health, and if I had a terrible boss who was breaking me down, causing me  a level of anxiety that caused me not to be able to function, or making me more depressed than I could handle, I'd have to quit. But if it was a situation I could mentally deal with and I really needed the job, then I'd probably stay anyway.

working