Should Google Be A Career For A 25yo Newbie Publisher ?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)
  1. 5000DAILY profile image60
    5000DAILYposted 14 years ago

I am 25 years old and have been a Google partner for 3-4mths my first two months I only made like $12 buck and this past month I have marketed my sites like crazy I hardly sleep but my earnings have increased x10 with a average (snipped) ...I just wonder when will it get better. I have been reading up on SEO for 2years now I have 2 PR1 sites up but none of the traffic comes from the search engines. I don't get It what do you guys think am I on the right track ? Or What You Think Is Worng ? Content, Keywords....

What Can I Do To Boost All My Stats ? ex.CTR, Traffic From Search, Unique Visitor, PR, and Revisits

Can Anyone Help Me Out?

Do Anyone Know Of A Regular Person Who Makes Over 5 Figures A Year With Adsense?

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Until you solve this problem, I don't think AdSense is going to work for you in the long run.

Nor is things like linking to the X-rated adult site in your profile if you want to keep your AdSense account.

1. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

oooh well spotted relache... God you are pretty amazing!

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I am a one-person online marketing company and I make well into 5-figures every year and have for almost 10 years. Only you know if you have the talent and ability to make a living as an adsense publisher and affiliate marketer.

Your question is like asking a group of dentists who don't know you - if you'd make a good dentist. Yes a person can make quite a good living being a dentist, but not everyone has the talent and temperment to be a dentist. (Personally I'm very squeamish and would spend too much time getting sick at the sight of blood.)

My first month, in December 2001, I made over $2,500 with affiliate programs. And I've seen a lot of increases since then. While I work very hard, online marketing is very intuitive for me and I don't struggle with the concepts. Selling stuff has always been second nature to me and I think writing sales copy is a huge amount of fun. It's just hard to find enough hours in the day.

I would say if after two years, if you're still struggling, it might be time to reconsider if you're cut out to make this a full-time job - might be better as a part-time supplement.

3. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

Marketing is NOT about mechanics.

You are doing the same build it then try and link it that everyone else does and does NOT work.

What do you know about your market?  How big is it?  Who are the competitors?  How can you bring value to your offer that they can not?

What do you know about your visitors/customers?  How old are they, are they male or female, why do they visit your site.

Marketing is about defining markets, figuring out what people want, then figuring out how to get your offer in front of them.

Then marketing switches to sales.

The Bottom line is MONEY FOLLOWS VALUE.  It's never about you, and always about your visitor/customer.

I have started 3 real world businesses.  Bricks and Mortar.  I prefer online.  But I can tell you that there is no way I would put my money into anything until I know I can get a return, and until I have a plan for what I am doing.

When you open a store or office or consultancy you figure out things like Visibility, Lease Costs, Advertising Costs.  Simple things like a Yellow Pages ad can be astronomically expensive.

If you think you can make money online just because you have a computer, you are mistaken.  You still have to figure out the market.

I do know somebody that makes over 5 figures a MONTH! Me. And YOU CAN TOO!  It's not hard.

Have you heard the phrase "Work Smarter NOT Harder".  You can make a lot of money with a limited amount of traffic.  Just the other day I had a single click pay $5.50!  And $1-$3 clicks are very common.  You MUST create value for he advertisers.

And I could care less about the things you mention.  I focus solely on making sure my Ads Give my visitors exactly what they are looking for.  My clickthroughs are many multiples of what "average" is... and it's not because of colors, or links, or whatever.  It's because I work on my sites tuning them until the Ads match EXACTLY why my visitors came in the first place.  This is very difficult for people to grasp.

If you have a site about San Diego Car Rental and you are getting ads about San Diego's Sea World you won't make a good return.  You had better have ads that are about San Diego Car Rental.  Then you MUST figure out how to get traffic that is specifically looking for San Diego Car Rentals.

While not perfect these hubs I wrote will help you get on track:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Adsense-Discove … r-Earnings

http://hubpages.com/hub/Adwords-Keyword … g-Research

Don't get down on yourself, just switch you thinking from "Me" to "Them".

4. profile image53
    sotoremodelersposted 14 years ago

i say your on the right track its not going to happen overnight, and plenty of leg work needs to be put in first before it happens...

in the mean time just keep refining your approach and try different avenues and see which one is the easiet for you and which one has quicker returns..

the search engines will take time especially if its a competitive keyword.. find out where the competition is at and see how much you need to make them or beat them than you'll have an idea how long it will take to get a higher position

do you homework it will always pay off in the long run

5. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

You should find Whitney, she's a college student and she made the 4 figure a month threshold. There's no reason why you can't.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)