How to make more money with google adsense?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (28 posts)
  1. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Here's a few tips:

1) Create URLs that are meaningful.
    2) Choose Titles which aren't misleading.
    3) Write about what you know.
    4) Don't copy and paste content from elsewhere and try and pass it off as your own work.

1. rumbling profile image50
      rumblingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

After doing all those get lots and lots of traffic to those hubs smile

2. Karina S. profile image60
      Karina S.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great answer

2. profile image0
    Dalyinxposted 14 years ago

Traffic, as rumbling said, is very important.  Even moreso, you'll want to attract targeted traffic that is interested in the topic you're writing about.  This is where keyword research comes into play: find keywords that have a good search to competition ratio and are something that you might be able to rank in.  Also, consider looking for more expensive keywords.  You'll hardly make any money from 10,000 hits at 5 cents a click (about 7.5 bucks with a 1.5% ctr.)

If you write hubs with good and original content, then they will rank up and attract traffic from hubpages itself, which is also useful.  Example: You write a very good hub on the ATI HD 5870 and it achieves a score of ~85.  This hub will then (depending on how relevant it is) show up on the related hubs tab on, you guessed it, related hubs.  This (as I've gathered from my short experience) can generate 10-100+ (320 being the highest for me) additional views a day.

To get good traffic, you'll either need some really good hubs or a lot of mediocre hubs.  If you want significant traffic, however, you'll want a lot of really good hubs!

1. anthony16 profile image61
      anthony16posted 14 years agoin reply to this

well said,what really determines traffic is good content

3. ace1584 profile image60
    ace1584posted 14 years ago

would emailing hubs to friends etc. help get traffic?  i've made 1 cent since i've started and i know i need to write more but what else would you recommend to get traffic?

1. darkside profile image65
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This I try and avoid.

The Internet is a lot bigger than your circle of friends, work colleagues and family. And if any of them get it into their head that they'll be doing you a favour by clicking on your Adsense ads... you know how that's going to end.

4. sutrapu profile image60
    sutrapuposted 14 years ago

1)unique website/catchy website
    2)good content
    3)promote well
    4)more traffic more money

5. xquisit1985 profile image54
    xquisit1985posted 14 years ago

Try writing more hubs, I write 1-2 at a time when I do, each being good unique quality, and optimized for search, Then I interlink them with other hubs and an RSS feed! Good luck!

1. kirstenblog profile image79
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey xquisit! Have not seen you in the forums in ages! Nice to see you here, I usually enjoy your tips and advice.

6. BEAUTYBABE profile image69
    BEAUTYBABEposted 14 years ago

I am still an amateur at hubbing.
    I joined 12 days ago, my Author Score 85.
    I have joined Google Adsense, how do you know when or if they have started paying you. Should I be doing anything else besides joining up with Google Adsense?any advice would be most welcome thanks BB

7. Lissie profile image74
    Lissieposted 14 years ago

@chhoeh - your single hub is all about how to make money - surely you know LOL 

@beuatybabe - you need to write on topics which people are searching for - organic /search traffic are the people who will click your ads. That's what a keyword is - use it your title -write a hub and then create backlinks to push your hub up the search engines

8. shanekruger profile image60
    shanekrugerposted 14 years ago

Yah! Very Interesting Topic!

9. retellect profile image73
    retellectposted 14 years ago

I wrote a hub all about it, just take a look on my profile and you should be able to find it under "Money"

10. chronage profile image59
    chronageposted 14 years ago

i ve written hubs also plus my blog which is on my profile is all about adsense,
    to make money from google adsense you need to have plenty of traffick, when you have traffik flowing to your site you should start making money, There are high paying niches/keywords
    eg insurance is around £6 per click (thats what advertisers pay) probably giving you £3 per click check it out there is a list of high paying keywords there also

11. relache profile image74
    relacheposted 14 years ago

Here are my tips for increasing earnings,

http://hubpages.com/hub/Improve-Your-Hub-Earnings

1. kcnck profile image60
      kcnckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Relache always has some good tips.I recommend you to read this.

12. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I've learned a lot by reading hubs by the "old pros."

1. Rik Ravado profile image88
      Rik Ravadoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you suggesting Relache is an old Pro? smile

13. ProHubbing profile image61
    ProHubbingposted 14 years ago

Try writing about something unique and obviously that you know a lot about. If it is unique, the less competition you will have and the more success should come.

14. jessicab profile image59
    jessicabposted 14 years ago

I am planning on revising all old hubs and start writing longer hubs.

15. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

And once you've done everything that has been mentioned in this forum thread, head on over to the religious thread, take your pick, there are many and say a prayer.... amen, but choose the right god, because you don't want terrorists or the alkeseltzer to come and whip your botty with a candy cane stick...stop cruelty to candy cane sticks and recycle them for the poor little mice who have a little trouble walking to the shops for their cheese sandwiche!

1. Karina S. profile image60
      Karina S.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You should write and published funny short stories!

16. Island Tropical profile image60
    Island Tropicalposted 14 years ago

First, sign up with AdSense. then drive traffic, then get paid.

17. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

In addition to writing about what you already know you can also write about stuff you are learning anyway. An example is this: I recently tore a ligament in my ankle and have been scouring the net for as much info about what is going on with my ankle as I can. I have found that most sites just say the same things over and over and there are things the paramedics told me that I cannot find repeated online. I figure if I am disappointed with search results then others may feel the same so my challenge is to say something new and offer something slightly different for people in similar situations to me. If I can offer something that I have learned and experienced in a personal way I may be able to help someone else in the same situation to understand what their body is experiencing.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

good take

1. kirstenblog profile image79
        kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is always an upside to lifes little troubles if you are willing to find em wink

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
          prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes, specially if you are open to new ideas and appreciate them too,

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)