6 Things to do With $50
More of my hubs
- How to Clear up Disk Space on a Mac
Have you ever run out of disk space on your MAc? If so, this hub should help you in clearing up some of the unwanted space wasters we have on our computers.
- Why Guest Blogging is Good for both Site owners and ...
In this hub, I go through the many positive effects of guest blogging whether you are looking for guest bloggers or looking for a blog to guest post on.
- Make Money Watching TV with Viggle
In this hub I will show you haw to earn money doing one of the laziest things. Viggle lets you make money by watching TV.
- 8 Ways for Teens to Make Money this Summer
Summer is just around the corner, what a perfect time for teens to make some extra cash in the coming weeks. It's better than being home board all day (to most people). Unfortunately, jobs can be hard to find for teens in today's economy. However,...
$50 is a lot of money, or at least it can be if you spend it on the right things. In today's economy, it is important to spend your hard earned money on the right things. You can use it to help others, yourself or even invest it into something worth while. Here, in this hub, I have compiled a list of things to do with your money, no matter what you want to do with it and I hope I can give you some suggestions for the use of that money.
1. Kiva.org- Kiva.org is a website that allows you to give small loans to people who need them. The loans can vary in size, but all you need is $25 to loan to whomever you believe deserves it. The loanee must then pay it back as they are able to and you will continue to get the money back until the loan is fully paid. This can be a great way to help others with a very high chance of getting your investment back; Kiva has a 98.95% payback rate.This right now is something that I am really considering once I get the money.
2. Better Yourself- If you have $50, you can use the money to improve yourself. By saying "improve yourself," I mean to learn something new. It can be finding a hobby or even learning a new skills. An investment of $50 can be used to buy a few ebooks, or real books, on any of those two choices that will teach you what you need to know.
3. Buy Website(s)- You can be on your way to being a website owner with an investment of $50 or less. You can buy a domain name and even get free web hosting, however it can get pretty hard if you're starting from scratch. Another option would be to buy an already made "turnkey" website. Flippa.com is a site that helps people to buy or sell websites, but in this case we're buying. There are many websites available for less than 50 dollars that are ready to go, making it easier for you to become a webmaster. Also, if you purchase a site through Flippa, there are many deals available from the site specially for new website owners.
4. Indulge- It is incredibly easy to treat yourself to something special for $50. You can go out to dinner, the movies or you can even go to the spa and get a manicure and pedicure (for the women). Just a way of letting yourself know that you love yourself and also repay yourself for the hard work you do.
5. Treat Someone- Is there someone in your life who you feel deserves something special. You can take them out or even buy them a gift. Do something that will let them know they are loved.
6. Save- I saved this one for last because it is what boring people would do... or do smart people do it? If you don't know what to do with your earnings, you can save your money. Maybe it's for a rainy day, or you may even be saving up for something bigger. Whatever the reason you choose to save, it can be beneficial in the long run.
With the suggestions I have given you above, you should be able to wisely spend your $50, no matter how you got it. If you have any other ideas, feel free to let me know in the comments, I'm very interested in knowing. Also, I hope this helped some of you indecisive people.
If you find any spelling or grammatical mistakes let me know. I will highlight my mistake and let everyone know you corrected my mistake by linking to your profile. This is something new I am trying to see if I can improve the quality of my writing.
* Was "A $50 dollar investment is a great way to learn find a new hobby." Credit for the correction to spitfire07, check out his hubs!