cam8510 profile image 94

When you read another person's hub, do you typically read the entire article?

I recently published a hub which I intended to be humorous. The humor was in the final sentence in which the real meaning of the hub was changed; a twist, you might call it. Judging from the lack of response, I am wondering if it simply bombed in the humor department or if readers didn't quite make it to the end of the hub? This question is for my growth as a writer. Maybe it is possible to try being too subtle with humor.

innerspin profile image87

Best Answer innerspin says

• cam8510 profile image

Chris Mills (cam8510) 4 years ago

innerspin, thanks for reading and responding to the question. If you go to my profile, it is the hub about alien abductions. See, I even picked a topic that would not attract a lot of readers. This one was a learning experience.

Tricia1000 profile image86

Tricia1000 says

• cam8510 profile image

Chris Mills (cam8510) 4 years ago

Tricia1000, thanks for answering. I do use GA. My hub was only 486 words, but I was careful not to reveal a twist till the final sentence. Maybe that is expecting too much of my ability to engage readers. Thanks for the input.

honeybee2u profile image60

honeybee2u says

• cam8510 profile image

Chris Mills (cam8510) 4 years ago

honeybee2u, thanks for responding. The topic of this hub and the fact that I held the "punch line" till the last sentence probably doomed it from the start.

eusaphzae profile image70

Fahd Mehmood Khan (eusaphzae) says

• cam8510 profile image

Chris Mills (cam8510) 4 years ago

eusaphzae, good point. I have seen comments before where I knew the person had not read the entire article. Do you think that is out of place? Thanks for helping out with this question.