Bob Bamberg profile image 92

Is there a "serial commenter" on the loose?

I've just had 8 or 9 irrelevant comments on 8 or 9 of my hubs. In each case, the commenter used a different single one syllable name. Some of the comments amounted to jibberish, other seemed like they were misdirected legitimate comments on other hubs, and one was relevant to the hub to which it was posted, so I replied to that comment. Has anyone else had this experience?

brianlokker profile image90

Brian Lokker (brianlokker) says

• Bob Bamberg profile image

Bob Bamberg 2 years ago

Hi Brian, isn't it amazing...of all the exciting things one can do/discover on the net, some people use it for silly cybervandalism. They must be verrrry lonely people. Thanks for the response.

SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image87

Sanjay Sharma (SANJAY LAKHANPAL) says

• Bob Bamberg profile image

Bob Bamberg 2 years ago

I just got another one, Sanjay, and hit the spam tab. That will notify HP so that the spammer can be blocked. I'll do that with any others I get, and I expect I'll get many more now.

Debby Bruck profile image86

Debby Bruck says

SheilaMilne profile image90

SheilaMilne says

• Bob Bamberg profile image

Bob Bamberg 2 years ago

Thanks, Sheila. If any more come in, I'll do that. I saw the spam tab but didn't realize that HP officials would take note.

traveleze profile image83

Lee John (traveleze) says

• Bob Bamberg profile image

Bob Bamberg 2 years ago

Thanks for the input, traveleze. It's comforting to know that I haven't been singled out.

• Bob Bamberg profile image

Bob Bamberg 2 years ago

Hi peachpurple, yeah, BW was loaded with them but it was a simple matter of clicking on the "Report" tab and the BW gods would take care of it. I haven't been on there in months. Thanks for stopping by.

tlcs profile image80

Trudy Cooper (tlcs) says

• Bob Bamberg profile image

Bob Bamberg 2 years ago

Thanks for responding, tics. Be happy that you haven't had any. They can be an annoyance to deal with just because they interrupt your day and break your focus.