Do you post your pictures with or without borders?

After three years on HP, I just happened to notice the choice of framing the photos we post on our hub with a border or not. Hahaha When reading a hub of others, which photos are more visually appealing to you, the ones with the border or not?

Best Answer Tim Mitchell (tsmog) says

Wow, Tim, thank you for the great answer! Yes, that is what I was feeling when I post a photo without a border it seems to draw one into the scene and make one feel as if you are there, but with a border, it seems it is hanging on a wall.

Larry Rankin profile image98

Larry Rankin says

Hi Larry, yes, to each his/her own. It is a matter of preference, and I can see using a border with certain topics. Thank you for answering.

janshares profile image90

Janis Leslie Evans (janshares) says

Thanks Jan! That is exactly the kind of insight I was looking for here. Yes, is does depend on that factor as well.

Bless you

Haha me too! I'm glad I am not the only one. I have never bordered a photo in my three years here until my last one, only because I noticed one could.

Sunshine625 profile image84

Linda Bilyeu (Sunshine625) says

Hi Linda, Really ... you know I have been on here for three years and have not even noticed that option LOL Duh, which way did I go ... Oh, you and YOUR obsessions! Hahaha : )

Dr Billy Kidd profile image90

Dr Billy Kidd says

Hi Dr Billy Kidd, me too, however, I just noticed the option after three years on HP LOL.

Hi Kevin, those are great examples of when to use a border and not. Yes, I think it does depend on what the hub is about and how you want others to view the photo as part of the scene or bring attention to detail for a reason for adding a border.

sunilkunnoth2012 profile image61

Sunil Kumar Kunnoth (sunilkunnoth2012) says

Hi Suni, Yes, that's true. If the photo is to bring attention to some fact, then maybe a border is good, but to me when you want someone to be drawn into the actual hub, the non-bordered photos may be best. However, it is good to test it.

RTalloni profile image89

RTalloni says

Hi RTalloni, That makes a lot of sense. Now that I know about the borders, maybe I will experiment too. I need to look more closely too at what others are doing. Thanks!

Hi peachy, Hahaha, well, we don't want naked pictures. Thanks for sharing.