Illegal Immigrants Pouring Without Any Indication Of A slow Down.

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (177 posts)
  1. Sharlee01 profile image77
    Sharlee01posted 7 months ago

https://hubstatic.com/16721965.jpg

I see no need for a lengthy introduction to this thread. No need to make mention of the historical stats to prove the point that Biden's administration has seen many millions presenting at our border, and this week we see a huge increase in the numbers. What looks like will be historic numbers for any given week in our history. So, let's get right to my inquiries. Please respond with concise answers, preferably with a simple "yes" or "no."

Do you have confidence in the Biden administration's ability to address the surging border situation? Is this issue a concern for you personally?

It's evident that many migrants are heading to Sanctuary cities. Should the federal government provide financial support to these cities using taxpayer dollars?

Biden has not successfully addressed the increase of migrants at the border.  Is that acceptable to you?

I'm not interested in hearing about past attempts to curb the flow or blaming Congress. Due to this being repetitive, and yes, makes good sense. We all should realize that due to politics in our Congress, this is at this point a moot point.

My focus is on whether you believe the president's administration should propose solutions or continue with finger-pointing when it is very clear we are now at a crisis level. 

Do you feel this President has the ability to handle the border crisis?

.Additionally, 300 people die from drug overdoses daily, and it seems there's no one taking charge of this issue either.

Do you feel this is a crisis?

Or is this death toll acceptable to you?

1. tsmog profile image83
      tsmogposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Okay . . .

Do you have any form of confidence that the Biden administration will do anything to stop the flow? Attempt, yes, achieve it no.

Do you personally feel this even to be a problem? Yup, most definitely and for many years now as well as in the future no doubt. Today, living pretty close to San Diego on the border we see reports several times a week on TV over the most recent years. Interestingly, they are different nationalities crossing too including African nations as one example.

And, it is very much clear most of the migrants are headed to Sanctuary cities. And why would they not? Unsure, though I trust what you said at this time.

So, should the federal government now step up and supply these cities without tax dollars? Cut them off from tax dollars? Maybe, depending which allocation it is from.

Biden has not come out to address this increase in the flow of migrants at the border. So, are you good with this? Nope!! I haven't seen anything in the news for a long time now from Biden himself. There are battles shared in the news with his administration leaving me with questions only.

Sharlee01posted 7 months agoin reply to this

"Do you have any form of confidence that the Biden administration will do anything to stop the flow? Attempt, yes, achieve it no."

Considering what we have witnessed over the past few days with the enormous low of migrants ---  Do you think he will attempt a solution soon, with this clear crisis?

I really appreciate your reply, than you.    I did not feel confident about many participating. I must compliment you  --- your head is never in the sand.

1. Ken Burgess profile image77
          Ken Burgessposted 7 months agoin reply to this

We have policy in place that is nothing short of open borders while funding the non-profits with taxdollars that help the migrants get here from all over the world.

We also fund and support the UN, and its Agenda 2030, Global Compact on Migration, etc.

Its so tiring to read people complain about immigration and open borders, when I tell them over and over again ITS POLICY... its deliberate.

Read the Global Compact on Migration and then grasp the fact that this was brought into existence with Obama's full support.  Biden is a continuation of all those "Democratic" initiatives and agendas.

Trump was a 4 year hiccup that paused those efforts, and once they got Biden in it was back to normal with all their efforts... from Open Borders to war with Russia.

10 nonprofit organizations for help with immigration
          https://stories.avvo.com/rights/immigra … ation.html

Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration (GCM)
          https://www.ohchr.org/en/migration/glob … ration-gcm

Nonprofits and NGOs assisting migrants who cross the border: humanitarian support or abetting a crime?
          https://www.foxnews.com/us/ngos-assisti … ting-crime

Biden and his Administration doesn't work to protect Americans or their interests.  He works for Corporations and the Corrupt Political Cabal that runs DC... to include UN goals and agendas... the NWO.

2. tsmog profile image83

Thanks! Remember, as said, it is close to home for me. The border is about a 45-mile drive. (San Diego/Tijuana twin cities) To give an idea of that relationship over 50 million people annually cross their three official border crossing locations.

The border 'phenomenon' is on TV and in the local papers almost daily. On TV mainly it is the humanitarian efforts shown with interviews and as the camera pans the migrants on both sides of the border.

Interestingly, there has been a rise in the usage of boats to get into the U.S, sadly, with drownings. We, here, by no means have the challenge that Texas does with how many cross and are processed. Why I don't know.

Frankly, I don't see Biden or his administration doing anything other than as most recently sending troops to assist with enforcement. Maybe some procedural changes? We are experiencing a snowball effect that began in the 1800's, in my view, from reading this, and that over the last four or five years. I follow it, yet not as closely as I once did other than how it is affecting San Diego city metro area and the county.

1. DrMark1961 profile image95
            DrMark1961posted 7 months agoin reply to this

I saw a video yesterday of "Biden buses" dumping illegals in the metro area of your city, but it is hard to know how much is true and how much is political. Have you seen them? (I think it is border control buses.)

1. tsmog profile image83

Yup! The humanitarian orgs provide the help to get them to their sponsors. They drop them near those centers. That is what is reported on TV.

2. tsmog profile image83

On the busing issue I poked about learning the Texas governor is bussing big time. I don't blame him as what to do with migrants is a national issue, not just the border states!! From an article from the New York Post comes this opening statement to the article:

"Texas has bused more than 35,000 migrants to so-called sanctuary cities — including over 13,000 to New York City — in response to the Biden administration’s failure to secure the southern border, Republican Gov. Greg Abbott revealed Tuesday."

The article if interested is; 35,000 migrants have been bused from Texas to sanctuary cities — including over 13K to NYC: Abbott (Sep 6, 2023)

https://nypost.com/2023/09/06/texas-gov … ry-cities/

On the local level in the San Diego area comes the next article released Sept 15, 2023:

With border crossings up, U.S. begins releasing migrants onto U.S. streets again . . . subheading: Border Patrol agents have released migrants onto the street in San Diego and in Arizona's Tucson Sector.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigr … rcna105308

My position as said to Sharlee is the border crisis, which it definitely is, is the result of a snowball effect since the late 1800s. There simply are not enough band-aids that are going to give cause to stop it. At least for today.

I am a supporter of the border wall. Makes sense. Here along the San Diego county border, we do have a wall/fence extending even into the ocean. Yet, as seen, with Trump's go at it failure ensued due to the frailties of governing. It would take an act of Congress for it to succeed IMO. That way a new administration couldn't nix it like Biden did.

A deep dive and very lengthy read is by the Bookings Institute that follows. Yes, a left-leaning source, though is a thorough article sharing many aspects regarding constructing the wall.

The Wall
              The real costs of a barrier between the United States and Mexico
              https://www.brookings.edu/articles/the- … nd-mexico/

Naturally living here in San Diego County since 1969 (Age 15) with a short interlude period I have my personal stories that are lengthy to share on this topic. Forty percent of the county is Hispanic. People in the mobile home park where I live have been or are both green card holders and sometimes illegals living with family. My history is salt and pepper for my perspective of migration - legal and illegal.

2. Sharlee01 profile image77

In my view, we have never in our history witnessed these numbers pour to the border. Our major cities have reported to the president that they can not accommodate anymore.  Nothing is being done to deter more from coming than lip service, much of which contradicts itself --- and offers a gold engraved invitation to come on down....

Hand-wringing, and saying nothing can be done has become the attitude most shared on social media.  Actually, comment sense should truely offer the best and simplest solution at this point. This snowball has turned into an avalanche, a crisis.

"Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants  ---    https://crsreports.congress.gov/product … rants%20or

1. tsmog profile image83

"This snowball has turned into an avalanche, a crisis. " Thanks! Got a good chuckle off that one.

2. abwilliams profile image69
      abwilliamsposted 7 months agoin reply to this

I wrote the following about five years ago, in an article about 9/11:

"Proactive vigilance is key; we must continually build up our military, we must continue to elect to Office, those individuals that have our safety and our best interest at heart, first and foremost.
      If they don't, we fire them; they do not get a pass and they do not get a second chance."
      "We must enforce our borders, strengthen our border walls, build them up, not tear them down...and we absolutely must adhere to our immigration laws; we can no longer be so careless and remiss."

Biden is both careless and remiss and I will add, inept, incompetent and in over his head!
      His administration doesn't appear to give a damn about the danger U.S. citizens are placed in, due to his mishandling of the border, along with every other thing he touches!
      This administration has blood on their hands and they may not stop until completely covered in it.

1. Willowarbor profile image59
        Willowarborposted 7 months agoin reply to this

"we absolutely must adhere to our immigration laws; we can no longer be so careless and remiss."

While you may not agree with our Nations immigration laws, I don't see that they are being broken? Which law or laws have been broken?
        New or additional immigration law can only come through Congress.
        And decades of executive orders and Band-Aids have done little, haven't they?
        Let's remember that if our borders  were truly open as so many like to claim, that actually would be against our immigration law.  If the Biden administration was currently breaking the law then I think it would naturally follow that a multitude of conservative organizations would be taking him to task legally. I am unaware of that happening, how about you?
        I do see that his asylum policy is in court for being too stringent. Looks like it will end up in the Supreme Court.

How is the system operational when many feel that laws need to change and Congress won't act? And at the same time presidential executive orders from both Democratic and Republican presidents end up locked up in courts?

Thank you for revisiting the topic of the ongoing influx of illegal immigrants, which shows no signs of slowing down.

This is a matter that demands the attention of all Americans, as while Democratic sanctuary states may be bearing the brunt of this influx, it is a problem that is likely to escalate into a significant issue. The reasons behind the current administration's stance on encouraging this flow are not entirely clear, and it's evident that President Biden is actively striving to admit as many migrants as possible in a short span of time. This should be a concern for every American.

The European Union, which once embraced open borders, has since encountered various challenges, including homelessness, rising crime rates, cultural assimilation issues, and higher taxes. Many countries within the EU are now reevaluating their open-border policies. Perhaps there are valuable lessons to be learned from nations that have experimented with open borders.

3. peterstreep profile image80
      peterstreepposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Without immigrants, every country's economy will have a huge problem!

Tell me who is doing the dirty work? In the meat factories and on the fields etc..There are thousands of jobs that are paid black. Industries who don't want to pay honest wages as they will have to sell their products at a higher price... etc.
      Capitalism needs cheap labor. The cheapest labor is people without papers...

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
        Kathryn L Hillposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Getting them to those jobs is the problem. Right now they are holed up in expensive hotels doing all sorts of depraved things such as carrying, threatening /shooting guns, hooking up / prostitution, drinking alcohol taking drugs, marketing drugs and who knows what else, all the while being given everything they need, including phones and money.

They will probably be shooting us in our very faces after we cut off what we have been so generously handing out.

They are probably going to be the in-house army for China.

How convenient.

2. Readmikenow profile image94
        Readmikenowposted 6 months agoin reply to this

There is a big difference between LEGAL and ILLEGAL immigrants.

Yes, LEGAL immigrants, who obey the laws, and DON'T become a financial burden to their host country are always welcome.

1. peterstreep profile image80

9 out of 10 Africans who come to Europe are legal.
          And I bet that it is the same way in the US too. that 9 out of 10 immigrants are legal in the US.
          Immigrants come to countries for work.

I am an immigrant, you are an immigrant (or were you born in the US?)
          Basically, the US is built by immigrants.

The main reason why illegal immigrants are tolerated is because countries need them. Immigrants are needed for work.
          Politicians have to say they are tough on immigration as this is a popular topic. But at the same time, they know that they need immigrants for low wages work like cleaning and agriculture (picking fruits in the fields..dangerous work in factories...etc)
          This is over the left and over the right.
          If they want to be tougher on illegal immigration politicians should be tougher on the companies using them as cheap labour. But politics want this dirty labour so they won't do much against illegal immigrants....
          But again. The vast majority of immigrants is legal.

1. Readmikenow profile image94

US is built mainly by LEGAL immigrants.

A recent Pew Research paper indicated that over 25% of the immigrants to the United States are illegal.  That translates into millions of people ignoring our immigration laws.  There has been a significant surge since the biden administration took office.  Illegal immigrants are a financial burden to our country in many ways. 

Both my grandfathers came to the United State in the 1890s to work in a steel manufacturing plant.  They had something back then called "Ellis Island" where people immigrating to the United States had to stay before being permitted into the United States.  They had to stay there and get medical tests, information about where they would stay, etc.  Both sets of grandparents went through Ellis Island.

2. Ken Burgess profile image77
            Ken Burgessposted 6 months agoin reply to this

There is nothing wrong with immigrant workers.

The USA is currently taking in over 250,000 migrants a month.  They are being shipped all across the country to towns and cities that have no idea they are coming until they show up... not in small groups, but by the hundreds, even thousands, overnight

We are not talking about people coming in for jobs that need to be filled, we are talking about people coming in to escape wherever they lived, they come because they know there are supports here for them, that America will provide for them things they cannot get from where they came.

Problem is, America does not have the means to continue to take in increasing numbers, millions per year.  The cost is unsustainable, the nation spends TRILLIONS more a year than it brings in now... we are fast tracking to economic collapse on a scale this country has never seen.

And when the economy tanks, which it will, as we are seeing inflation that they cannot stop despite rising interest rates... because they cannot stop wasting trillions of dollars on endless war... on supporting millions of migrants and Americans that have no jobs and rely on government support... on wasteful projects across the globe that research the most ignorant things.

Many places in America today are starting to look like this:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNB3jO4fw98
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb8dW3a8AF0
            https://www.youtube.com/shorts/rWTTI4yrKWc

1. peterstreep profile image80

You immigrate to a country to look for a better life.
              Most and perhaps all immigrants don't take the step lightly to go. As they have to say goodbye to their family, friends, country, and language they know. It is not something you do lighthearted.

If you are an illegal immigrant you don't get money from the government. You do not exist on paper. You have no rights and will probably be exploited.
              When you are a legal immigrant you are just like any other citizen.

We do talk about jobs that need to be fulfilled.
              Farmers in The Netherlands are looking actively in East European countries for cheap labour as the Dutch are in general too highly educated and want higher wages. Same here in Spain. Most of the people working in the fields picking grapes and oranges are people from Africa. We need them.
              I bet it's the same in the US. Who is working in the meat factories? In the fields picking the pumpkins, doing the cleaning in the streets? Legal immigrants who just arrived. and in many cases, illegal immigrants who are exploited by companies.

Without these immigrants, many companies wouldn't survive.

You are woefully under-informed about how things work in America.

And you have ignored the point shown in those videos as well as the economic realities.

Whether America... Japan... Iceland or India... if you take in a massive influx into your population all the support mechanisms are strained, when taking in too many, they fail.

America in addition to trying to take in millions a year, is also funding an entire foreign nation's economy (Ukraine) and a war against a 1st world nation (Russia), on top of that we waste hundreds of billions a year worldwide on things as stupid as trying to teach schoolgirls in Pakistan about transgenderism.

Focusing back on the migration part, as I have shown, it doesn't work when you bring in too many, too fast.  Which is exactly what we are doing.

Sweden is a great example of how good intentions backfire severely:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0wfM2NII6M
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SCBf7ojyFc
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwWeeB1CIT0

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
                  Castlepalomaposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Teaching Muslims school girls about genderism. Good one.

What next? How to win a nuclear war against Russia and China. I'll pull my grand kids from that class of indoctrination.

2. peterstreep profile image80

Perhaps I'm incredibly uninformed about the US but I thought that
                  the last person who should see immigration as a problem is someone living in the US.
                  The US was built by immigrants from Europe, Africa and Asia.
                  It is been like this for centuries now.
                  Because of WWII, many fled to the US, and they helped to build that country.
                  What is the root of your family Ken? (I can imagine your surname has a French origin.)
                  The US is actually a classic example of how different cultures from all over the world come together and make a nation.

It would be sweet to have an utopia world with no boarders. I found even in my personal life, p it's better to set boundaries, even to my closest love ones.  I don't get it,  after a great plandemic Biden opens the floodgate to 7 million illegal immigrants. In Canada par capita it's 5 times worse. More number of houses were built in 1970 than todate in 2022. We have an epicdemic of homelessness in Canada, causing fourth world health condition. And many immigrants are returning back to their home countries for better standards of living and happiness..

Heritage and history are not the issue.

Understanding the consequences of such migrations is what I am addressing.

If you want to talk about history, what happened to the Native American tribes when the Europeans overran them?

What happened to the Romans when their empire was overrun by Barbarian tribes from the north?

What was... does not mean, this is what should always be. If the host nation cannot absorb the incoming number of migrants the system will fail.

The start of Systemic failure is what we are seeing in Sweden right now, that nation allowed in almost 3 million migrants in recent years, and has a population of under 8 million natives.

A nation of less than 8 million is now trying to support an additional 3 million people, and the rate at which they immigrated did not allow for assimilation into the culture, the differences in culture and language worsened the barriers between the populations.

While America is a larger nation, similar problems are arising.  America already has within its borders over 20 million migrants, according to some statistics.

As of June 2023, FAIR estimates that approximately 16.8 million illegal aliens reside in the United States.
                    https://www.fairus.org/issue/illegal-im … 023-update

With this number increasing by over 2 million a year, how long can the system support this influx?  How long before the problems we are seeing in our cities get to the point where civil society breaks down?  Where the law of the strongest replaces law&order?

How long before the military gets deployed within our borders to police the populace, just as it is being deployed now in Sweden, to police theirs?

3. Castlepaloma profile image76

Yes, it's been done by design by the financial institutions to weaken the mass that creates a higher profiteering racket. If US and Canada went back to the merit standards system, all would be solved.

4. Sharlee01 profile image77
        Sharlee01posted 6 months agoin reply to this

Most Americans support immigration, we want our laws followed. We realize we have jobs that need filling.  Yes, we have an industry that wants cheap labor, and yes they hope to pay them less... Thanks to Biden --- They have now won. We have millions of migrants that will get work cards and bongo -- Americans will find wages decreased, and a take-it-or-leave-it attitude with business owners. Biden kisses the asses of those he needs donations from.   Biden certainly knew what he was doing leaving our borders open, and he could care less about what is good for America,

Your sentiment is well taken, it's one that has been around, and repeated for a long time... Unfortunately, the US will put many of whom they have let come in illegally, and Americans will suffer due to falling wages.

4. Health Hearty profile image61
      Health Heartyposted 6 months agoin reply to this

The border situation is a pressing concern, and it's essential that the administration addresses it effectively. As for the opioid crisis, the high number of daily overdoses is alarming, and action is needed to combat it. Both situations require immediate attention and solutions rather than finger-pointing. It's not about finding blame but about working together to resolve these crises for the well-being of our nation.

"It's not about finding blame but about working together to resolve these crises for the well-being of our nation."

Nice concept, but at this point illogical in today's very problematic political climate. We have the status quo to deal with. Actually, we have a broken Congress.

5. Health Winner profile image60
      Health Winnerposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Deleted

Willowarborposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Regarding the drug overdose crisis, it's undoubtedly a concern, and action is needed to address it effectively. The death toll is not acceptable, and measures should be taken to reduce it.

Addicted Americans want drugs. Can you change that behavior with punitive measures or more enforcement?.  A view of the current situation makes it abundantly clear that these measures have had little to no impact on addictive behavior.

Drugs are brought into this country and manufactured in this country by Americans for Americans.  Of course drug use is harmful but I find it difficult to believe that you will stop it. But we certainly can reduce the harms that come with it.

Here  is an unpopular opinion, legalize it. This could reduce overdoses and drug related crime if users don't have to resort to crime to get their fix. The cost of producing these drugs is insanely cheap. With laws or regulation in place, these drugs would be worth about 1% of their street value.  No society in history has been free of drug use. Making it illegal only gives a source of income to gangs and organized crime. Police spend too much time arresting addicts/ small time dealers housing our jails to the brim at our expense.

The war on drugs has done a little to nothing. Instead of pouring cash into locking people up for years why not funnel that money into public health programs aimed at combating addiction for those who seek those services.

Another unpopular opinion, if an individual wants to ruin or end their life with drugs, it's not my problem.

One last thought, the pharmaceutical industry in our own country and prescribing physicians have created and fueled the opioid epidemic. Has anyone else noticed the abundance of "pain management" clinics popping up? This is where our middle age professionals,  elderly and poor rural  folk feed their addiction.  This fact doesn't fuel anger and outrage like drugs entering the border so it gets no air time.
        It's time to think out of the box.

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 6 months agoin reply to this

"Pain management clinics".  Have they solved the opioid crisis or fueled it?  Have they created more addicts or fewer?  Have they ruined lives or saved them?

Such clinics are "legalized" drugs; have they helped or hurt?

Legal or illegal, Americans seek drugs because they want them.  Americans are very much addicted to drugs and not much is going to change that fact. Why should we fuel  profit from addiction?  Currently the  structure is one that cartel's profit.  Big pharma and prescribing physicians profit. Look at what Purdue pharma and the Sackler family did.  They aggressively and deceptively marketed oxycontin when they knew of its extremely addictive properties. All for their own profit. Isn't it also funny that no one in Congress wants to be involved in your pain management appointment with your doctor? I mean they completely want to be in the room with a woman and her OBGYN but getting the way of someone's opioid addiction, then it's hands off. Why? It's a multi  billion dollar industry the flows right into the pockets of politicians.  Again, I'm of the opinion that drugs should be given freely to whoever wants them and let the chips fall where they may because that's what's happening anyway. You're not going to keep Americans from their drugs. For god sakes they're making it in their bathrooms when they have to.

I came across something today that said the Biden Administration is pressuring banks to give loans to illegal-immigrants. 

Biden Admin Threatens Banks That Refuse To Lend Money To Illegal Immigrants
            https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics … r-AA1ik2jr

https://twitter.com/CFPB/status/1712525 … igrants%2F

You can't make this stuff up.

Makes sense to me.  Government required poor quality loans for houses, leading to the biggest recession (depression) people living today have ever seen.  Why not do it again, this time for the benefit of criminals residing in the US illegally?

The idiocy of the left, forever making plans and laws based on how many tears are shed rather than facts and reality, is astounding to me.  A new rule forcing Americans to give money to people the law says cannot neither remain in the country nor earn income to pay it back is par for the course.

This is unbelievable.  So much going on that this White House does not want citizens to see.   

I have been following how much Biden has sold from out reserves

Politico Oct 16, 2023    "Biden sold off nearly half the U.S. oil reserve. Is it ready for a crisis?  Biden tapped the SPR last year when Russia’s invasion of Ukraine sent oil prices soaring. Now Republicans blame him for putting the nation’s energy security at risk."
              https://www.politico.com/news/2023/10/1 … istration.

He is putting the Nation at risk in so many ways....

Biden think electrical batteries, wind and solar components will save the energy crisis. Between Russia & Saudi Arabia oil is 25% of world supply and China making 80% of all these electric component. US is selling out again.  Drugs inside of US and across the border will kill Americans far greater than all their wars combined

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 7 months ago

~ the word invasion comes to mind.

Why let it happen?

Maintaining control in DC?

The more people you have that are dependent on government handouts, the more people who will vote for those who promise more free stuff and continued open borders.

Biden promised this in the primaries, he promised to hold to the Global Compact on Migration, Agenda 2030, and re-engage in the Paris Accord.

He has done all that and more.

When you are deconstructing the social norms and trying to eradicate nationalism and patriotism, allowing in tens of millions who have no history or allegiance to your country or society is probably the surest way to do so in the shortest time possible.

This is different than migration that occurred decades ago, or even ten years ago.

Migration then meant there would be a cultural assimilation, or at least that was the expectation, those who came here wanted to be Americanized for the most part.

The problem now is that we don't want or expect that from migrants today, in fact, we are actively trying to deconstruct our American social norms at seemingly every level, while trying to be receptive to foreign and minority beliefs of all sorts.

The real problem is that we have insane people running our country today, and whether it is allowing millions to cross our borders, or whether its pursuing WWIII with Russia, none of America's problems are going to be solved while we have this criminal cabal running the country doing it more harm with every decision and every order given.

Kathryn L Hillposted 7 months agoin reply to this

... some say Soros is behind it all.
        Can't we stop him?

2. Willowarbor profile image59

Migration then meant there would be a cultural assimilation, or at least that was the expectation, those who came here wanted to be Americanized for the most part
        The problem now is that we don't want or expect that from migrants today, in fact, we are actively trying to deconstruct our American social norms at seemingly every level, while trying to be receptive to foreign and minority beliefs of all sorts.

WOW. JUST WOW

Conform or be cast out?  Uniformity of thought and culture?   "American social norms" what are those?  Kindness, compassion, integrity,  respect, honesty?  Basic human values? Immigrants can't hold those?  You speak of a cultural assimilation but why can't immigrants who have come to this country  maintain aspects of their culture while still being patriotic and deeply grateful to make a life in a free country?  In many instances much more than those who were born and raised here.
        You speak of nationalism LOL what does that mean in a country that has been built by immigrants?  Do you mean white nationalism? 
        This post that you have made is really deeply disturbing.    The problem is, Ken, that none of the "whites" have a pure bloodline. We don't have a common history or culture. We are an amalgamation and  that's what truly  makes America great.  I for one am not looking for people to be uniformly "Americanized " as you call it.  Hmm what other forms of government want citizens to be uniform?

https://youtu.be/GXL24m9tfA0?feature=shared

These people do not know how to live here.
          They do not have the skills.
          They invaded US without legal jurisdiction. They have committed felonies. They are already criminals. 
          A good way to start life in a free country?
          No.
          They have no money, they have third world skills, they have no relatives, they have no means of surviving.
          We citizens barely have means of surviving anymore.
          And we speak English!
          How in the world can they become non-burdens?
          ~ burden bricks that will weigh us down down down.

1. IslandBites profile image91
            IslandBitesposted 7 months agoin reply to this

SMH

Yuck.

1. Credence2 profile image78
              Credence2posted 7 months agoin reply to this

Yes, indeed, YUCK, is the appropriate reply....

2. DrMark1961 profile image95

Pretty easy to shake your head at this but then again neither you or I have people crossing our borders as illegals.

The head shaking  ensues when the commentary paints immigrants or migrants as almost subhuman with little to no value. I find that type of rhetoric inhumane.  Makes one Wonder how a migrant named Jesus gained such traction?

1. DrMark1961 profile image95

Why do you think Jesus Christ was a migrant?

Mary and Joseph made a long and difficult trek, first, to get to a place where they can find shelter and give birth, and then, to escape the murderous rage of a king.
                    Jesus was a refugee and an immigrant.

After he was born, fearing that King Herod would murder Jesus as they returned to their homeland in Judea, Mary and Joseph fled with their child to Egypt. The story, in Matthew 2, is not often read in churches because it disrupts our ideas of the nativity. Who wants to move from a peaceful and joyful manger scene to a chaotic story of violence and fear? But this is our story, and this is the Jesus we follow: a child who survived a massacre by fleeing to a safer land.
                    The whole of human history is a story of migration. Migration in search of food, land, water. Migration away from violence, destruction, famine.
                    Matthew 2:13-23: The Flight from Bethlehem to Egypt, and Return from Egypt to Nazareth

2. Castlepaloma profile image76

If Jesus came back, he wouldn't get elected in the US. For being too soft on.welfare and the sick.

Interesting, this shows a very myopic understanding of both history and what was clearly stated.

When the Germans or Albanians or Italians came to America they were culturally assimilated.

They learned English, American history,  Etc.  or rather these were the things taught to their children and expected of them by society at large.

Today America is becoming a bi-lingual nation, not a bad thing, being able to speak multiple languages is an advantage.

But the expectations are not the same and as the numbers of migrants increase, by the millions each year, the ability or effort to assimilate them into the American culture and society (what hasn't been deconstructed and destroyed by our own efforts) is lessoned.

If one wants to destroy a society and nation, what is transpiring today is how I would approach it.

Nothing less should be expected by this Administration filled with insane and incompetent people.

It seems that the European Union is experiencing a significant increase in crime across Europe, with many attributing this trend to issues related to migration and challenges in assimilation. The concept of open borders is currently facing resistance from a majority of citizens in Europe. It would be prudent for the United States to take note of the lessons learned from the experiences of EU countries.

I share the sentiment that this administration's policies are questionable, and I have concerns about the qualifications of certain individuals in key positions. I have great concerns about border security, especially given the recent numbers of migrants presenting themselves. Now Biden has developed an app that could potentially lead to a further increase in numbers at the border with an obviously open invitation. during the Biden administration.

European Union leaders said on Thursday they would tighten their borders to keep away unwanted immigrants, with some seeking more fences
            https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/eu … 023-02-09/
            https://www.realclearinvestigations.com … 0research.

3. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 months ago

"Please respond with concise answers, preferably with a simple "yes" or "no."

Sounds like you are attempting to limit free speech.

Kathleen

Your comment was not directed to any other comment... So no one can understand what your comment is about.  When responding to a given user's comment, just hit reply in the bottom left corner of the comment.

4. abwilliams profile image69
    abwilliamsposted 7 months ago

I just posted a comment, how were you able to respond to my comment so quickly?

1. abwilliams profile image69

Now that I have had a moment to ingest your posting and gather my thoughts...I was very clear that the sentence you've highlighted was written 5 years ago, before Biden was President.
      Our Immigration laws were fractured long before Joe Biden's arrival. The difference and the reason for sharing these words again, in this moment...Trump gave/gives a damn!!
      He had safety on his mind, all that is on Joe Biden's mind, is his next bowl or scoop of ice cream.
      We are in a bad, bad place right now, criminal cartels have never had the kind of power they currently have, which has crossed the border. Their influence flows across much like illegals and drugs, do.
      The 'Remain in Mexico' policy was working, the building of the wall was working, recognizing that we have serious problems at the southern border was on the radar of the former administration. Working to solve the problem was the goal.

wildernessposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Wait.  If you simply open the borders to anyone wanting in, and bus/fly/ship them all over the country for cities everywhere to take care of, doesn't that solve the national problem?  Cities might have a problem, and maybe states, but not Biden!  Americans everywhere will have a problem as they must cover the costs, but not Biden!

Yes, it won't hurt those in power or the powerful, infact they will make better profits from cheap labor.  While Americans will suffer at the hands of those who hope to cash in on migrants.

Win-Win!?!
          Sadly, in many minds this is a solution.

5. Sharlee01 profile image77

Biden and his mouthpieces have been talking about Biden sending his wishes immigration wish list to Congress on day one.   This was his very first invitation to migrants. Which worked to encourage them to seek their way to our borders.

Hopefully, all will read his wish list. It was his first invitation, but many followed after.   Jan 21, 2021    https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo … on-system/

Yes, the dog whistle invitations are clearly being heard --- Just as recent as --   Remarks by President Biden at the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute 46th Annual Gala Sept 22, 2023  Joe sent out once again an invitation to encourage migrants to make the trip.  And all after we have watched many thousands of migrants present into our borders (from 8,000 - to 10,000 per day ) themselves at our borders.

Biden with a grimace on his face, and a loud angry tone -- yelled out the below statement.  To view his statement source  https://www.c-span.org/video/?530625-1/ … nnual-gala

"So, until Congress acts, I’m going keep using every tool at my disposal as president of the United States to preserve and protect DACA, keep fighting for DREAMers, and build a safe, orderly, humane immigration system.  (Applause.)  I mean it.

First, we’ve put in place policies that process people in a fair and fast way.

Second, we’re significantly expanding legal pathways for entry so businesses can get the workers they need, and families don’t have to wait for a decade to be together.

I’ve also directed my team to make a historic increase in the number of refugees admitted from Latin America — (applause) — people fleeing violence and persecution who simply want their kids to have a better life.

Next week, my team will consult with Congress on this plan.

Third, we’re supporting states and cities that have seen a surge in immigrants.  We’ve developed federal experts and deployed them to help train city workers.  We’ve launched outreach campaigns helping over a million eligible migrants apply for work permits.  (Applause.)  And we’re accelerating a process for work permit applications.

Right now, most migrants have to wait six months after filing their claim before they can go to work.  Only Congress can change that.

But the Secretary of Homeland Security can take extraordinary action.  And yesterday, given the poor conditions in Venezuela, Secretary Mayorkas announced temporary protections for hundreds of thousands — (applause) — of Venezuelans already in this country.

These migrants will be able to apply for a work permit.  But that’s not all.  We’ve already delivered over $1 billion that Congress appropriated to states and cities receiving immigrants — migrants."  Joe Biden
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo … nual-gala/

This problem has grown exponentially.
    The stats are good proof of that.  Trump has nothing to do with what we see today and has no power to fix it. Biden is the president, this problem occurred on his time. He has put no effort into finding solutions that will curb the flow, over the past three years he has turned a blind eye to the problem he created, and he continues to send out invitations to encourage more migrants to make their way to our borders.  All the defections on this issue seem very much ridiculous, in light of what we can see with our own eyes.

6. Ken Burgess profile image77
    Ken Burgessposted 7 months ago

Biden: "We're significantly expanding legal pathways to entry so businesses can get workers they need. I've also directed my team to make historic increases in the number of refugees from Latin America."

What is the debate about?

Biden administration invites ordinary citizens to help resettle refugees
    https://www.npr.org/2023/01/24/11507877 … licy-biden

United Nations to Hand Out Hundreds of Millions in Cash to U.S.-Bound Immigrants in 2023
    https://cis.org/Bensman/United-Nations- … rants-2023

Its all by design, its all funded by US tax dollars. 

The money is given to the UN or to Non-Profits that aid, instruct, and pay people from far away lands to get to America.

And then the politicians lie to you, tell you it isn't happening, or that they are trying to stop the millions of people crossing the border.

OMG thank you for taking the time to really add some relevant facts to this conversation.

...and don't forget the "names" they have in store for you if you dare approach this subject sensibly!!

3. profile image0
      savvydatingposted 7 months agoin reply to this

True. This is all by design. Biden has said so.

What he does not say is that his invitation is inhumane. Why? Because children are being trafficked in record numbers. As AB correctly pointed out, the cartels are running the border, and these are evil people who have no regard for life.
      So anyone who says that it is a humanitarian gesture to allow our borders to be flooded, obviously have no knowledge about cartels and exactly how they make hundreds of millions of dollars every week.
      Biden knows, but he doesn’t care. The migrants are cheap labor, and future voters.

Are you trying to imply that Biden DOES have regard for human life... or that he is not evil, or at the very least a puppet of those that are?

1. profile image0

Ha! If only. Narcissists have no empathy. His record proves that at every turn.

so well said...

2. Willowarbor profile image59

Some 90% of fentanyl seizures occur in legal ports of entry. Mexican cartels predominantly hire U.S. citizens to smuggle drugs across the border; U.S. citizens represent more than 85% of those convicted of fentanyl charges.

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/addr … 20charges.

Not sure what this has to do with Savvy's post, but whether the fentanyl is seized or getting through, we can all agree it's detrimental, often deadly! I wouldn't be surprised if U.S. citizens are the ones convicted, while the elusive Chinese drug suppliers and Mexican drug cartels get richer and more brazen by the day!
          Shut it down, cut them off, replace Biden, get Trump back in there!!

I think Biden is doing pretty well.
            U.S. border officials reported seizing 10,856 pounds of fentanyl being smuggled across the southwest border in fiscal year 2021, a 132% increase from fiscal year 2020. Some Republicans have misleadingly suggested that the amount of drugs seized is a negative development attributable to the immigration.. which it is clearly not.
            "While Border Patrol seizes record amounts of fentanyl, Gov. Abbott attacks Biden for ‘doing nothing’" really?   Not  fair.

"Federal seizures of fentanyl at southern border make history under Biden".  Isn't this a good thing?? You know, it's seized so it doesn't end up on the streets? Isn't that how it works?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poli … high-biden
            https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politi … 995684.php

2. DrMark1961 profile image95

IF only 1 percent of illegals are transporting fentanyl, and I think it is a lot more, that is still hundreds of kilos a day. I guess you do not feel it is a problem if you have not had any relatives die of an overdose of that drug, but more most people in the US this is a very serious impact of the southern border crisis.

7. Sharlee01 profile image77

Would it be considered a crisis if a virus was killing over 100,000 Americans a year?   Would it not be the current administration's job to handle such a crisis?
    Would it be acceptable to take measures that perhaps we never have used?

Demanding citizens comply with such measures...

FACT "109,000 drug
    The latest federal data show more than 109,000 drug deaths in 2022, many from fentanyl. Drug deaths nationwide hit a new record in 2022."
    https://www.npr.org/2023/05/18/11768309 … in%202022.

So, whose problem is this?   Is it not time to demand this be called a crisis, and demand the crisis be handled with solutions?

Please do not insult me with the response that our drug problem has been around for a very long time ... It has, but we have in all our history witnessed the numbers dying from drugs --- drugs coming across our open borders.

THIS IS A CRISIS -- it alone calls for a total shut down of the border.

"but we have in all our history witnessed the numbers dying from drugs --- drugs coming across our open borders.

First, our borders are not open.  I'll defer to the Cato Institute on this one:

This idea put forth endlessly by right wing media that the border is open is not simply inaccurate: it is unhinged from reality in a way that distinguishes itself from normal political hyperbole. Indeed, U.S. immigration policy is effectively closed borders, and Biden’s immigration policies and goals are largely the same as those of President Donald Trump.

Under U.S. immigration law, it is illegal for anyone in the world to travel or immigrate to the United States unless they fall into very narrow exceptions. Like Alcohol Prohibition—which had exemptions for religious, medicinal, or industrial purposes—America’s immigration prohibition’s small exceptions are irrelevant for the vast majority of potential immigrants. Effectively, if they don’t qualify as a select few high skilled workers or family members of U.S. citizens, they can’t come legally.
      President Biden has not suddenly ended America’s immigration prohibition and opened up U.S. borders"

Second,  in terms of fentanyl coming over the border;
      In 2021, U.S. citizens were 86.3 percent of convicted fentanyl drug traffickers, ten times greater than convictions of illegal immigrants for the same offense.

Over 90 percent of fentanyl seizures occur at legal crossing points or interior vehicle checkpoints, not on illegal migration routes, so U.S. citizens (who are subject to less scrutiny) when crossing legally are the best smugglers.

Here's a shocker for some,  Just 0.02 percent of the people arrested by Border Patrol for crossing illegally possessed any fentanyl whatsoever.

Despite what Republicans want Americans to think, we do not have “open borders,” and the Biden Administration and undocumented immigrants aren’t the reason we have a fentanyl problem in our country. Fentanyl is primarily brought into the country by US citizens at official border crossings.

https://www.cato.org/blog/fentanyl-smug … um-seekers

https://www.cato.org/blog/bidens-border … en-borders

The borders are open for all intents and purposes, in my view.

"Over 90 percent of fentanyl seizures occur at legal crossing points or interior vehicle checkpoints, not on illegal migration routes, so U.S. citizens (who are subject to less scrutiny) when crossing legally are the best smugglers."

We have no idea of how many evaded being caught at the border.   And if your statement is true, which I believe it is -- this certainly tells me that border patrol is not proficient at doing their jobs. This is even worse than I thought.

Further, they are using catch and release,  not offering court dates but telling them to report to ice in 60 days, which as many as 29% are not reporting. Many are just disappearing into the country.  " DHS has lost track of 177,000 migrants inside the U.S. An internal watchdog report says the agency has a limited ability to track migrants who have crossed the border once they are released in the U.S. to await their asylum hearings."

This has been going on for almost three years, one can not imagine how many will not ever report for hearings.  I really can't understand how anyone could defend this administration and the horrific job they are doing on the border.  We have never experienced such an uncontrollable situation at the border.  I can honestly say, that I have never witnessed a president that has been such a disaster.

1. profile image0

Are you serious? Border patrol men and women are pulled away from the border to take care of immigrant children. They have become caregivers. They have begged for help and more resources. No resources have been granted.

Furthermore, their (border patrol) hands are tied behind their backs. They must process and release, process and release. There are not enough border agents or facilities to keep six million immigrants in a secure space until their so-called immigration hearings occur. Border Patrol are told how to handle immigrants, especially those with pre-arranged apps. 

They are to process them, give them the security of a work visa which is good within three months, and to then let them go.

This has nothing to do with the incompetence of Border patrol agents.

W. uses AI to make dissenting arguments. But AI is not anyone’s friend when it comes to securing our Republic.
          For more information on AI, you might want to watch an interesting show on Netflix: The Social Dilemma.
          You might also want to view some interviews with border patrol agents who are demoralized and who are begging for help.

But I agree that this president is a disaster.

W. uses AI to make dissenting arguments. But AI is not anyone’s friend when it comes to securing our Republic.

I'm really going to have to ask you to refrain from making personal comments in my direction. 

Aside from that, your post has no basis in fact or reality whatsoever.  Literally, almost everything you post has no sound  foundation.  Please back up your post with facts from credible sources.   These bizarre personal attacks are getting tiresome.

1. profile image0

A dissenting opinion is not a personal attack.

You accused me of using ai. That's personal.  That's an unfounded accusation of a very personal nature.

2. profile image0

Not impressed with a “Creative Commons” blog that has been accessed by AI. For anyone who does not know, authors of Creative Commons are allowed to alter any and all published articles.

Fact: Six million immigrants have crossed over into the United States. Border patrol agents are not making this stuff up.

The borders are wide open. Biden has invited immigrants to come over; they have and continue to do so.

Furthermore, if said immigrants have the proper app, they are given work visas within 3 months. They are also given I.D’s.

To deny that the border is open is to deny reality.

It is not a crisis if we are spending hundreds of millions of dollars to help facilitate it.

I have already given the links in this thread to show that it is by wanton design, deliberate efforts by the UN and Biden Administration, to facilitate the millions of migrants we have crossing our border monthly now.

If you don't like it, first you need to accept that your leaders, despite what they may say, support the Executive Orders, UN efforts, Non-Profit fundings, that are facilitating it.

Don't blame the migrants for coming, when they are being paid to come, when they are being given phones, pay cards, instructions, etc. as soon as they get to our border.

If there was no government funded support for this, if there were not agencies within the country providing aid and effort for this... and if they were met with hostile border agents and a wall that deterred their entry, they would not be coming.

1. profile image0

Ken, I do not agree with all you say on various (other) issues, but in this case, Amen, brother!!!

(Yes, I ascertain you’re not religious.) But just in case you’re offended or questioning,  I ask that you graciously accept my sincere compliment.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

W O W !

8. Sharlee01 profile image77

Are Biden’s immigration policies allowing dangerous diseases into our country?

I think you might be surprised, I was.

"Dr. Ashwin Vasan, New York City’s health commissioner, claims that the Biden administration’s border policies have produced an influx of migrants from the southern border who are bringing contagious diseases to New York City neighborhoods.

If Vasan is right, the administration should pause its programs for admitting migrants who have not gone through the visa application process until it has developed more effective methods for determining whether they are bringing communicable diseases into the country."

To mention a few diseases on the rise  --- TB, Leprosy, HIIV aids, polio, measles Chicken pox.   

There is lots of information in regard to this issue, Bit, oddly enough the media seems not to touch on the issue. 
    https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration … r-country/
    https://nypost.com/2023/04/18/bidens-op … ghborhood/

here is YUCK

1. Crmagoo profile image60
        Crmagooposted 7 months agoin reply to this

No it is not yuck.  The organization in which I work with is partnership with resident physicians so that migrants arriving on buses from the border are screened for public health diseases. The communicable diseases we are seeing tend to be ones Americans are by and large vaccinated against.

The problem with migration is how our politicians and media handle it, first and foremost.

Rather than pushing the message to Americans that the Global Compact on Migration is a good thing, that we should be helping the migrants, etc. etc. they choose to hide the very efforts they are funding and supporting.

Biden who passes Executive Orders and fights for DACA and does everything possible to enable the migration to continue, chooses to deceive Americans about his Administration's actions to fund and aid the migrants in getting to America.

Remarks by President Biden on Border Security and Enforcement
          https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo … forcement/
          "Our problems at the border didn’t arise overnight and they’re not going to be solved overnight. It’s a difficult problem. "

Biden rambles on, blaming Republicans, talking about how [Vice] President Harris has done so much for Central America.

It's all nonsense, the Biden Administration, through funding of UN and Non-Profit efforts, has facilitated millions of migrants to make the journey here, supporting them with funds, phones, and housing once they get here.

9. Sharlee01 profile image77

Problem created by Joe --- and solved by Joe.. Gotta laugh or you might cry...

"New Jersey Democrats are reportedly viewing the Biden administration’s migrant housing proposal as an election issue possibly impacting their own 2024 prospects in the deep blue state.

As New York City grapples with the arrival of more than 116,000 asylum seekers, South Jersey leaders from both political parties came together earlier this month at a press conference held in opposition to the Biden administration floating Atlantic City International Airport as one of 11 potential sites to house migrants who’ve arrived in New York City from the southern border.

Though it remains to be seen when the staunchly opposed plan will actualize, the migrant crisis is largely becoming an election issue for Democrats in the Garden State, especially in the long competitive area by Atlantic City that’s been trending Republican in recent cycles, according to Politico. "

"I don't see any scenario where we're going to be able to take in a program in Atlantic City or frankly elsewhere in the state," Democrat Gov. Phil Murphy said in an interview with News 12 last week. "We are already seeing folks in New Jersey that have probably swelled into Jersey from New York City or from other locations, but you need scale, enormous amount of federal support – resources that go beyond anything that we can afford – putting everything else aside."

I would love to know how much has been spent of our tax dollars on the illegal migrants that have been released into the U.S. since Biden took office.
    Well kept secret.

10. Crmagoo profile image60
    Crmagooposted 7 months ago

I'm not sure if I am more angry or disappointed as I read these opinions. 
    My parents decided to immigrate to the U.S. to provide a better future for their children. They didn’t have the opportunity to complete their education in Guatemala, and their dream was for their children to have that opportunity.  The day after my eighth birthday, we said goodbye to my grandparents, extended family, and what we knew as home. We traveled through all of Mexico with little to no sleep, moving from one bus to another, walking when we couldn't and sleeping outside. We had very little money for food. We even came to the point where my parents questioned whether it was best to return to Guatemala. But we persevered, finally arriving in Phoenix, Arizona after a three-week journey.

Life in the U.S. was initially difficult for my parents because they hardly knew anyone, had to learn a new language, and worked several jobs while raising my sisters and me. My parents worked at several nursing homes and cleaned office buildings until my dad was able to get a full-time job that brought more financial stability.
    The fear of deportation was always present in every aspect of our lives, whether it was going to the store, school, or work. Being separated was not an option; if one of us would be deported, we would all return as a family.
    Eventually, my dad was able to obtain his residency through the IRCA amnesty program of 1986. As a family, we felt overjoyed that this new opportunity would open doors to the American Dream. It made it possible for us to later obtain our citizenship, which made us feel like part of this country. Through the Family Unification Act (a part of IRCA), my mom, my sisters, and I were able to obtain full residency.
    My parents worked hard to adapt to new cultural norms and traditions while preserving the ones from their native country.
    One of my greatest strengths is my dedication to work. It’s something that was instilled in me as a child that I still carry. Getting an education has been a high priority growing up. I joined the U.S. Army after high school and later attended Arizona State University, where I received a Bachelor’s degree in Spanish and history with an emphasis in Latin American studies. My two oldest sisters have master’s degrees in education. My youngest sister has a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice and criminology.
    It's extremely disheartening to read these views of others that paint migrants as "burden bricks" as if we are all filthy less than human disease carrying rapists carrying backpacks of drugs.  It's very dehumanizing.  You may believe I am the exception and not the rule but I will tell you that you're wrong.
    You will never crush the will of people escaping violence poverty and oppression.  Do any of you think you could cross the Darien Gap?  If migrants can make these journeys why do you think we cannot come to America and make a life just as my family and I have?  My past years have been with the National Immigrant Justice Center, an immigration legal services nonprofit.  My work has centered in the cities receiving bus loads from the border.  I am proud to do so.

Readmikenowposted 7 months agoin reply to this

I have a very different take on this situation.

My family has been legally immigrating from Ukraine for many years.  My family respected the United States enough to respect their immigration laws.

We didn't just run across the border.

It's not easy to do it the right way.  It can be expensive and takes time. 

I believe that the majority of your family's struggles were brought on by your family and your lack of desire to follow the immigration laws of the United States.

What do you have against people obeying the United States immigration laws?  Why do you think you and others like you are better than people such as members of my family who obey the immigration laws?  Do you think you are special and the laws shouldn't apply to you?  Are you better than my family members who have come here legally?

What disgusts me with your attitude is that you believe people who come here legally are probably a big joke to you. 

Are legal immigrants a source humor for you?  Do you think you are better than them?

2. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 7 months agoin reply to this

Welcome aboard, Crmagoo, I am looking forward to hearing your perspective on the many issues of the day.

My wife and I lived in Panama for 6 months and have heard from the locals about the notorious Darien Gap.

3. IslandBites profile image91
      IslandBitesposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Thank you! Unfortunately, there are xenophobes and racists everywhere, even the forums.

4. DrMark1961 profile image95

One anecdotal story does not make up for the anecdotal stories of the guy who was paid to be a drug mule, the family that figured it was easier to come in than go through all the hassles of legal migration, or the guy that comes in and figures to work for a few years and go home when he makes some money.

The attitutdes of the people on this forum are very justified. Rational decisions should not be based on anecdotes. Just because the opinons expressed here do not fit your family does not mean they are correct.

5. Sharlee01 profile image77

Welcome! Your story of migrating to America is truly exceptional, and I appreciate you sharing it. America has a rich history of welcoming people from all corners of the globe, with many seeking to achieve the American dream in recent decades. However, it's important to acknowledge that there are concerns among some Americans regarding the challenges posed by the large number of individuals arriving at our borders, such as the recent influx of 11,000 people just today.

Your story is heartwarming, and it's evident that your family has worked diligently to build wonderful lives here, making you all great contributors to American society. Nevertheless, it's undeniable that immigration has become a significant and complex issue, a crisis due to the challenges associated with managing such high numbers of arrivals.  As a sovereign nation with established laws, many Americans feel strongly about the need to either uphold or modify these laws to address the situation.

I understand that you mentioned feeling torn between anger and disappointment, and I share those emotions when I witness individuals breaking our laws in such large numbers. It's a challenging issue that requires thoughtful consideration and discussion to find solutions that work for both newcomers and the existing American population.   More and more Americans are concerned about the many problems that we have had to face due to the amount of presenting at our borders.

Maybe it's worth considering a touch of empathy for the predicament many Americans currently face.  Hopefully, you might realize that the majority of Americans are looking at the border issue not as xenophobes or racists, but as Americans who are concerned about such a large number of migrants presenting at the border, and the many problems this large influx is causing in many of our cities.   I need not list the problems, I am very sure you are aware of the many issues being reported.

Shar,

Do you feel all the money spent on illegal immigrants should be spent on American citizens? 

We have many homeless American citizens.

Is this right?

I feel we should be spending our money at this point in our growth here in America. I think we have more than been good neighbors to much of the world. But we need to shore up and start really fixing our own issues, such as homelessness, drug addiction, and poverty. Instead of talking about building railways in the EU and Africa, we should fix our failed decrepit rails that carry our old decrepit trains. Our infrastructure is a mess.

We should be keeping our cash, and investing in better education. So, yes I more than agree we should not be spending our tax dollars on migrants --- period. I look at these Biden years as one crisis after another. This immigration is at the top of my list.

Homelessness is at an all-time high, our major cities have been gutted due to this problem... So, I certainly feel we should be finding them homes before illegal migrants. This is a big planet, time for our invitation to be withdrawn, I am very radical about this subject -- I want the borders closed until the bunch in Washington can come up with clear immigration laws, that involve a yearly cap on asylum seekers that we admit.

This issue could be solved in moments by closing the borders due to declaring we are in a crisis. And start handling the many millions that are here waiting for hearings.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
            gmwilliamsposted 6 months agoin reply to this

AMEN to you Sharlee.

2. gmwilliams profile image84

I CERTAINLY DO.

3. Sharlee01 profile image77

U.S. poverty rate in the United States 2022, by race and ethnicity. In 2022, 17.1 percent of Black people living in the United States were living below the poverty line, compared to 8.6 percent of white people

The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) counted around 582,000 Americans experiencing homelessness in 2022. That's about 18 per 10,000 people in the US, up about 2,000 people from 2020.

Over 300 per day die of drug overdose over 109,000 died in 2022.

We have a failing educational system, that is turning ut children that can do simple math, and have poor reading skills -- yet we now add the burden of thousands of migrant children that have a language barrier, as well as doubling the size of classrooms.

We have the responsibility to feed and shelter unaccompanied minors on Biden watch we have accumulated over 300,000 in foster care. Where we pay foster parents to care for them.

Biden's spending has crippled many families in regard to the cost of energy and food. Many more Americans are living on credit, and walking away from paying off credit debt. (J.D. Power found that 51% of Americans can't pay off their entire balance each month and instead let it revolve to the next month, accruing interest,)

So, I guess you can guess my answer to your question. Yes, we could be spending our tax dollars and all the billions we borrow on all of the above.  Hopefully, more citizens will realize what the administration is doing --- right smack in front of their eyes. It truly sickens me to see that we have a minority in our society that lacks intelligence or perhaps common sense. 

Vote Republican or you get more of what you see --- smack in front of your eyes.

11. abwilliams profile image69
    abwilliamsposted 7 months ago

This is where we are today in the United States of America.....if you DARE to mention following the LAW, entering into this most welcoming and amazing Country...but doing it the right way, you are referred to as "xenophobes and racists", by some.

We can't have it both ways!!

We either have a safe, sovereign, thriving, law-honoring/law-abiding Republic or we join the big heap of has-beens!

When we had family members come here from Ukraine, we had to post a bond with the government for over a thousand dollars.  We then had to sign an agreement that our relative would always be employed and have a place to stay...why?  We were told this was done so our relative didn't become a "ward of the state." So, the federal government would have to pay for them.
      Are you kidding me?
      These people cross the border illegally with their hands out saying "give me, I deserve it." Staying in hotels, given food vouchers, medical care, flying places for free, etc. etc. etc.

Why? Because they broke the laws to come here they get rewarded?

I'm tired of those who obey the immigrations laws being punished.

I just don't see why there is one standard for those who come here illegally and another for those who obey the laws and come here legally.

It's unreal.

Its not unreal.

It is essentially paid for by the Biden Administration, in a variety of ways.

Jan 5, 2023 ... the Administration will continue to mobilize faith-based and non-profit organizations supporting migrants, including those ...

Expanding the Parole Process for Venezuelans to Nicaraguans, Haitians, and Cubans.
        Today, the Biden Administration is announcing it will extend the successful Venezuela parole process and expand it to nationals of Nicaragua, Haiti, and Cuba. Up to 30,000 individuals per month from these four countries, who have an eligible sponsor and pass vetting and background checks, can come to the United States for a period of two years and receive work authorization.

https://www.state.gov/u-s-government-an … migration/

Double Number of Refugees from Western Hemisphere. The United States will commit to welcoming thousands of additional refugees per month from the Western Hemisphere – with the goal of doubling the number of refugees the United States committed to welcome as part of the Los Angeles Declaration on Migration and Protection. To achieve this goal, the United States is building on processing efficiencies achieved over the last two years and further increasing resources and staffing to the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program in this region.

The United States continues to seek strategies for responding to the growing number of migrants fleeing poverty, violence, and other challenges in the Central American region.
        https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/centra … n-triangle

ICNA Relief’s Refugee Program to transition refugee families into a comfortable lifestyle in American society.
        https://icnarelief.org/refugee-services/

The problem is the Administration, on the one hand, is making considerable efforts to fund and support agencies and activities to bring migrants into the country... while on the other hand, they tell Americans that there is no real problem. They do not make an effort to sell to the American people the need to help these migrants (who cares what the deplorables think) or how it is going to be accomplished.   

They ship migrants in the middle of the night, drop them off at hotels, high schools, etc. and tell the local officials 'here, you deal with it'.

Of course this is the problem with the MSM and our Government in general, its all misinformation, deception, and an unwillingness to put things to the American people for them to decide.

Whether it be the issue with Migrants, or the war in Ukraine, or forcing people to accept men in women's spaces, this Administration does not care what Americans want, it does what it wants regardless, and then lies about it or berates those who don't believe as they do.

"Why? Because they broke the laws to come here they get rewarded?

I'm tired of those who obey the immigrations laws being punished.

I just don't see why there is one standard for those who come here illegally and another for those who obey the laws and come here legally.

It's unreal."

I hear ya Mike, it isn't fair or reasonable or wise, but it's what the new left promotes. No respect whatsoever for those who did it the right way, as your family did and no consideration for those patiently waiting, as they get shoved into millionth place....
        It is so messed up!

3. gmwilliams profile image84

EXACTLY.

2. gmwilliams profile image84

+10000000000.

12. Readmikenow profile image94
    Readmikenowposted 7 months ago

Democrat hypocrites in sanctuary cities do this when migrants actually show up

While the Biden administration still refuses to acknowledge the migrant crisis, it’s impossible for them to hide the impact their disastrous border crisis is having on Democrat-run sanctuary cities and states.

Customs and Border Protection sources confirmed to Fox News that the total migrant encounters for fiscal year to date 2023, at 2,388,350, have surpassed the 2022 total of 2,378,944, setting a new record. With fiscal years running from October to October, this puts migrant crossings at over 9,000 a day on average, according to Griff Jenkins, who is embedded at the border.

Many of these migrants made New York their end destination, upending the quality of life in a city already struggling with untenable crime, drug use and homelessness. Mayor Eric Adams warned that this crisis will "destroy New York City," with Gov. Kathleen Hochul warning migrants not to come to her state.

An influx of illegal immigrants took these sanctuaries up on their offers for shelter and freedom, putting a strain on local resources. Accepting so many unvetted illegal immigrants led to an increase in preventable crime and negatively impacted the quality of life for residents.

Denver codified its sanctuary status on Aug. 28, 2018, after community activists demanded protections against Trump’s immigration policies. The Public Safety Enforcement Priorities Act prevented city employees from sharing information about a resident’s immigration status, prohibited the sharing of information for the purposes of immigration matters, and forbade law enforcement from detaining an illegal immigrant for the sole purposes of turning them over to federal immigration officials.

Denver’s welcoming attitude toward illegal immigrants ended with the Trump presidency. While proudly proclaiming to be a sanctuary for immigrants while Trump was in office, the mood changed with President Biden’s porous southern border. The city saw a dramatic increase in illegal immigrants in December 2022, and local leaders were unprepared.

A steady stream of illegal immigrants was bused to Denver, and the city coped. But then came a much larger group of Venezuelans between the ages of 20 and 40. City leaders didn’t know who sent the group, but they were forced to scramble to provide emergency shelter. Despite initial statements from Democrat Mayor Michael Hancock that their No. 1 priority was the "health and safety of all our residents, including those who are migrants," their priorities quickly changed.

Less than a month after the surprise visit of Venezuelans, Democrat Gov. Jared Polis announced he was shipping the migrants elsewhere. In partnership with Denver, Polis’ office arranged for "culturally competent navigators" (whatever that is) to help ship the migrants "in the most humane possible way" to their final destination. Polis promised this would be done "in coordination with the receiving community."

The radical left didn’t think through their plans because their sanctuary declarations were acts of virtue signaling. Their real plan was to burden Republican-​led border states, while Democrats earned future voters in areas they haven’t yet been able to win. Their strategy came back to haunt them, and their residents paid a price.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/democra … ly-show-up

13. Crmagoo profile image60

Biden has dropped interpreters for asylum.
    Executive Order 13166 requires the federal government to comply with language access regulations similar to Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

In order to have a fair asylum proceeding, you need to make sure that an interpreter is qualified that they can accurately and effectively interpret. The only way we can really guarantee that is to have persons who are professionals interpreting.

We do that when we have criminal proceedings in state or federal court cause we know the importance of having accurate interpretation and translation of documents.

So when we're talking about asylum seekers during an asylum interview how important would it be to have a qualified interpreter? It can be the difference between that person's life or death.

We are looking for this to be challenged in court also very soon. This will not stand either.

14. Crmagoo profile image60

For those who consider Biden's asylum rule of using the CPB One app as evidence of so-called open borders.

A new lawsuit argues that, the right to seek safe haven from persecution is only accessible to people who show up at America’s doorstep with a working smartphone in hand.

The new system has effectively oriented the first, and for many, the most urgent stage of the asylum process around a digital tool that is, by many accounts, glitchy and unreliable.

A class action lawsuit was filed against the Biden administration over its use of the app, setting the stage for a legal showdown over the government’s decision to shift the first stage of the asylum application process into the realm of automation.

The plaintiffs include migrants who sought asylum along the border but were turned away by U.S. immigration officials because they hadn’t made appointments using CBP One. Their suit alleges that the U.S. government’s use of CBP One has created steep, and in some cases insurmountable, technological obstacles that have prevented migrants from pursuing their right to asylum. This will be on its way to invalidation also.

15. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 6 months ago

WTF??? Did you hear the news? Is Biden backtracking? Biden administration waives 26 federal laws to build more border wall in South Texas by Texas Public Radio (Oct 4, 2023)
    https://www.tpr.org/border-immigration/ … outh-texas

The down-and-dirty of it:

** The Biden administration paused construction in January 2021
    **  458 miles of border wall had been constructed on the southern border
    ** Currently 55 miles of wall in Texas.
    ** The Rio Grande is 1,254 miles of the 1,950 miles border

** Mayorkas said, "There is presently an [i]acute and immediate[i] need to construct physical barriers and roads in the vicinity of the border of the United States in order to prevent unlawful entries into the United States,” he wrote, citing 245,000 migrant crossings between ports of entry in the U.S. Border Patrol's Rio Grande Valley sector since last year."

Google landing page for articles of your choosing: on this breaking news:
    https://www.google.com/search?client=fi … Texas#ip=1

abwilliamsposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Oh, okay, so it isn't "racist" and "cruel" and  "xenophobic", to build the wall after all?!

We are currently in crisis, due to an incompetent, absent administration - who have calculated...
      it's now time to get in gear, not because we are in crisis, not because they are suddenly ready to do the work of the American people!  But rather because an election is upon us...and they need the votes of the American people!

Pathetic!!

It's all about winning a 2nd term.

The Biden Administration and its string pullers really believe they are on the cusp of change.

I have stressed that they are pursuing the goals laid out in Agenda 2030, many of his campaign statements and positions mirrored those goals.

Compact on Migration, Great Reset, the nation is on the verge of reaching it, more than 200 banks are insolvent, they are ready to start WWIII with Russia, they just need to pull the wool over the eyes of enough Americans one more time and then they will be able to thrust us into Agenda 2030s NWO.

Not shocking --- I mean with the election around the corner. Biden is a film flam man, under this nutshell, we have  "I will pay off your student loan; under this shell, I will support any gender you choose for the day: under this nutshell, I am building a Great big beautiful wall!   Vote for me, I will set you free!

To be more serious --- this does not surprise me this political party will do a slimy thing to glean votes. I mean I am sure you remember Russia Russia Russia, and two ridiculous impeachments, and so much in between. I mean it was report this morning  "A federal court ordered an injunction on a top agency within the Department of Homeland Security after finding that it likely violated the First Amendment by coordinating with social media companies to effectively censor "election-related speech."

On Tuesday, the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals extended the scope of an injunction in place that limits the Biden administration's communication with big tech companies to include the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) within the Department of Homeland Security.

This man and his administration are corrupt, they are ruining the country, and people need to wake up to this ugly fact. Plus Joe got his quota,(most finally after 2.5 years. If anyone buys this BS, they are brain-dead. The wall construction never should have been stopped, and the material for the wall should have not been discarded, our tax dollars paid for the material, and now we pay for it again. He is brain-dead, as are the people that are pulling the strings.

He sickens me physically, as do his supporters. Sorry for the rant, but just time to take off the gloves.

16. Willowarbor profile image59
    Willowarborposted 6 months ago

Who's on board with this?

During an interview at Mar-a-Lago for National Pulse, Trump made comments about migrants entering the United States that echoed Hitler's Nazi propaganda against immigrants, Jewish people, and interracial families used to affirm his nationalistic, racial purity beliefs:

"Nobody has any idea where these people are coming from, and we know they come from prisons. We know they come from mental institutions and insane asylums. We know they're terrorists. Nobody has ever seen anything like we're witnessing right now. It is a very sad thing for our country. It's poisoning the blood of our country.  It's so bad, and people coming in with disease. People are coming in with every possible thing that you could have."

Referring to migrants as poisoning the blood of a nation can be found in Hitler's autobiographical manifesto Mein Kampf.

In Chapter 11 titled, "Nations and Race," Hitler wrote the following:

"All great cultures of the past perished only because the originally creative race died out from blood poisoning."

Who supports Trump on this? No shape-shifting. Do you stand by this type of rhetoric or not? If he is your chosen candidate, do you embrace this language?  If you choose not to answer I think we can all agree that silence equals complicity.

His statement on immigration begins around the 1-minute mark
    https://youtu.be/v283kLQbe1M?si=fFEmYNAKT7VFwcKQ

https://www.meidastouch.com/news/trump- … ur-country

It seems discussing anything other than your concerns would be a monumental waste of time. It's quite impressive how nobody on the liberal side seems to acknowledge  Biden's job performance and his "obviously" deteriorating cognitive abilities.

I mean, who cares about Biden's "BS" when there's just so much more to dissect about every single thing Trump ever uttered? It's not like there could be anything remotely newsworthy about the current president.

And heaven forbid anyone remain silent on Trump in this forum! It's not like the man had his fair share of media coverage. I'm sure we've covered every single Trump statement down to the punctuation marks.

Yes, it's abundantly clear who supports Trump here, and each person has their own unique, highly rational reasons for doing so. It's not like there are any nuances to consider when weighing the pros and cons of two candidates. No, it's a straightforward choice, and actually, our side has been incredibly vocal about why they support Trump. Not sure why this fact has escaped you. I have been incredibly vocal in how I choose a resident, and why if Trump is on the ticket, I will be voting for him, or even a dog if under if that dog is a republican.

Maybe those on the other side should start defending "their guy," but it's fascinating how they seem to ignore all the "glorious" aspects of Biden's presidency. Who cares about discussing his leadership style his failed job performance, or the destructive path he has put the nation on?  In my view, he's leading us straight to socialism/marxism. So, hint hint, does this tell you why I will be voting for Trump?

Back to Biden, let's not forget those visual signs of dementia and those "little white lies" (or maybe not-so-little) that Biden is allegedly fond of. It's a real mystery why anyone would vote for him, but don't worry; your question won't go unanswered. Silence, after all, is basically an endorsement of everything you've said. Clearly, conservatives here have no qualms about discussing their unwavering support for Trump.  We are rarely silent, but you seem to be when it comes to Biden. The current guy in the White House.

One of my concerns is that we have a man running for the office president while quoting Hitler.  Those views led to the deaths of 6 million Jews. These tropes should not be repeated, especially by a presidential candidate, it's reckless garbage. I used to wonder how Hitler captured the mind of German citizens but it is now abundantly clear. I wonder where the line is in this country. Trump seems to be pushing that line continually.

My question was quite simple. Who supports the statement the leading candidate for the Republican Presidential nomination made in a recent interview saying that immigrants are poisoning the blood of our nation, echoing Hitler's words.

"All great cultures of the past perished only because the originally creative race died out from blood poisoning."

Noted that you are in support.

Anyone else?

I think there is a difference between legal and illegal immigrants.

The United States NEEDS legal immigrants.

Illegal immigrants are proving to be a financial drain wherever they go in this country.  They are overwhelming the finances of cities who must use their resources for people who are here illegally instead of US citizens who deserve those financial resources.

I don't pay my taxes to house, feed, provide clothing, educate, and more for citizens of other countries who have no respect for our immigration laws.

I support him!
      We don't know who they are or where they are coming from or what their true intentions are!
      There is no Ellis Island; they aren't being properly vetted.

You and I are under more scrutiny, when we visit our local tag office!

It is a terrifying scenario.

Ab,  this was pure baiting.  I mean so obvious. Keep it all about Trump, and maybe no one will notice we have a vegetable in the WH.  No really, this BS is really getting too old.  Thank God polls show Americans are not on board with the current guy.

17. abwilliams profile image69
    abwilliamsposted 6 months ago

I agree Shar, I am stopping by less and less.
    Sad, but true.

I see your point, not much sense in posting here. It's like being in a time warp. I think its come time to say too few posts here to provide conversations that are more current.  Plus not many postings anymore. Don't want to be last to turn out the lights.

18. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 6 months ago

crmagoo: Thank you for sharing your experience with this group. Unfortunately, most here have no concept of what you are saying. They are so entrenched in their own bias, they are incapable of being impacted much less changed by experiences like your family's. Many Americans believe our country exists to be a city on a hill to the world. But you won't find many of them in the discussion boards here on Hubpages. They have mostly been run off.

Or, some of us have a full understanding of realities that go beyond ideals.

Ideally we could take care of everyone. And ideally everyone that came would respect our laws, our communities, our society.

But that is not how the world works.

There was no more liberal, helpful, ideally driven nation than Sweden ten years ago... and this is the reality they are dealing with today:

https://youtu.be/NBfIeapnP98?si=IXQb014jLDNEJOvA

Canada is experiencing massive immigration and housing problems.

great point

19. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 6 months ago

worth repeating:

"This is how Freedom is lost, this is how you destroy a free society from within."

The acceptance of Military Control/Martial Law Instituted to halt unchecked crime and violent discontent caused by:

1. Defunding the police
    2. Allowing drug trafficking, human trafficking
    3. Cancelling bail
    4. Allowing rampant thefts and looting
    5. Open borders
    6. Fatherless youths
    7. Desperate mothers
    8. Desperate/uneducated/jobless youths
    9. Desperate/uneducated/jobless men
    10. Disillusioned powerless women
    11. Broken families
    12. Pharmaceutical and street drug addiction
    13. Senseless anger from Lefties
    14. Motherless children
    15. Angry youth
    16. Frozen economy
    17. A tyrannic, insensitive educational system which preaches the religion of sexual deviance.
    18. Parents which allow evil indoctrination of their OWN children!
    19. Trans rights surpassing the rights of women in sports.
    20. Unequal/two tiered justice system, weaponized FBI / DOJ.
    21. No common sense boundaries
    22. Weaponization of society's institutions against the people.

So well said, can't be said enough.  Thank you.

If Joe is a good person and and good president, what is a bad president and a bad person?
        oh, wrong thread.
        lol

Once they give orders to kill some innocent people.  Nothing could be worst in my books. Burn the village to save the village stuff

Amen and hear, hear!!!

Exactly.

Not due to incompetence... but by design.

On another note:

Illegals in Chicago protesting because they demand better housing, safer living conditions, jobs and job training, the same things that some Americans who worked most of their lives and paid taxes don’t get.

https://twitter.com/ImMeme0/status/1710431218603372871

Lucky me, for not being out of a house or work having an artist lifestyle. Toronto and Vancouver streets are filled with homeless immigrants, It's so sad we can not do nearly enough for homelessness skyrocketing.

It is a sign of a collapsing system.

Canada, America, the West in General has retreated into a Denial of Reality.

72 different sexes, transgender acceptance forced upon women, children given sex changes, prosecution and public shaming of those standing up to tell the truth in media (IE - Sound of Freedom) or in politics (IE - Tulsi Gabbard).

Collective denial (or acceptance of insanity) prevents even discussion of existential threats and their solutions.

There are not 72 sexes... there are 2.

Societies that are capable of addressing problems and threats, accept the reality of 2 sexes, those in collapse, cannot.

Eight million illegal immigrants have entered the United States by the deliberate erasure of the southern border since Biden took office.

Biden and his Homeland Security director Alejandro Mayorkas flat out lie that “the border is secure", denial of reality.

“Bidenomics” is nothing more than the borrowing of $6-7 trillion and a spike in interest rates threefold to 7% even as prices on essentials like food and fuel have spiked 25-30% since he entered office.

The Biden administration waged war on Oil and Natural Gas by canceling pipelines, drilling on federal lands, and entire oil fields.

When the price soared and the 2022 midterms neared, Biden suddenly begged formerly shunned regimes like Saudi Arabia and Venezuela to pump all the hated oil they could to lower the price.

Biden drained most of the strategic petroleum reserve simply to lower the price of gasoline and thus win voters back to the Democratic Party when they denied his requests.

Biden wages a war against Russia, while claiming it is an effort to defend Democracy. There was no escalation by Russia to invade Ukraine until Biden took office and stated he supported Ukraine in their efforts to take Crimea from Russia.

From 2014 to 2021 Russia did nothing to escalate the conflict until Biden supported Zelensky in his saber rattling.

Biden, Trudeau, the West in General is fast tracking to its demise, and it shows... Sweden, Canada, America, Germany, etc. etc.

Those were the days, my friend. We thought they would never end.

YEP!

3. gmwilliams profile image84

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

20. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 6 months ago

What is happening in the San Diego County scene for migrants? The issue is not fading away on TV news reports here in our neck of the woods. The challenge remains!!

** More than 200,000 migrants crossed the border into the U.S. Border Patrol’s San Diego Sector through August of this fiscal year, a record number, according to agency data. That is a 75 mile stretch from inland to the Pacific Ocean.

** Since Sept. 13 about 13,000 have been dropped at transit stations in San Diego metro with notices to appear in immigration court at their final destinations in the U.S., with about 500 more arriving daily.

** Migrant aid groups blame a mix of circumstances for the shelter crunch: reduced government funding; CBP’s practice of sending migrants from Texas and Arizona to be processed in San Diego; and a surge in illegal crossings.

** CBP closed a major pedestrian border crossing from Tijuana, Mexico, on Sept. 14 and assigned more officials to processing migrants.

Articles to read if interested:

Migrant crossings into San Diego Sector ‘highest in two decades,’ Border Patrol says by Border Report ((Oct 10, 2023)
    https://www.borderreport.com/regions/ca … trol-says/

US Border Patrol has released thousands of migrants on San Diego’s streets, taxing charities by AP News (Oct 10, 2023)
    https://apnews.com/article/biden-border … 0785275a2c

Hundreds of migrants still detained in poor conditions near Jacumba Hot Springs by KPBS Morning Edition (Oct 6, 2023) Has a video at the top of the article. Jacumba is 71 miles east of San Diego City in the desert lands. You can see the border wall in the background in some parts of the video.
    https://www.kpbs.org/news/border-immigr … ot-springs

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=ht … mp;vssid=l

Signs of mexican families running across the road.

I've shifted my focus away from complaining about the number of migrants admitted to wait for asylum. Instead, my primary concern lies with the issue of individuals who manage to evade apprehension (commonly referred to as "gotaways"), and the potential risk of a large-scale terrorist attack occurring within the country, perhaps in New York.

I'm genuinely dismayed by what I perceive as an administration lacking the necessary skills, in my opinion, to ensure the safety of America. It appears to me that they continue to make regrettable decisions, one after another. These actions should serve as a clear signal to most Americans that we need to be attentive, worried, and discerning enough to consider alternatives to the current administration.

In essence, I share Ken's sentiment that we ultimately reap what we sow.

Forget the Politicans, developed the most efficient desires and survival skills. Have faith in love ones that surrounds you.

This is wonderful advice. I agree the time has long passed to look past politicians.

Here here!!!

21. Readmikenow profile image94
    Readmikenowposted 6 months ago

I've always said the two people democrats love more than others are illegal aliens and criminals.  Legal immigrants and law-abiding citizens are of no interest to them

Need proof?

In NYC, Illegal immigrants are getting health care when American citizens are being turned away.  A man here illegally from Venezuela brags about his "free" cancer treatment he would have never gotten in Venezuela.

"American citizens being turned away so hospital can give health care to illegals
    Health centers, social services inundated with border crossers

A man named "Orlando," who is in the U.S. illegally from Venezuela, was overjoyed to tell NBC News that he has gotten free medical care for cancer treatments after arriving in the country, but NBC also notes that American citizens are often being turned away from New York hospitals and social services that are inundated with border crossers.

According to the NBC News report, "Orlando" -- who won't give his full name due to "safety concerns" -- was diagnosed with esophageal cancer six months after he arrived in the U.S.A. Now he is getting free chemotherapy and radiation treatments and free doctor's care.

This is health care that costs Americans tens of thousands of dollars to keep them alive, but "Orlando" is getting it all for free. And he is fully aware of the costs.

"The therapies, the chemo -- all of that is out of control," he said about how expensive if would have been for him in Venezuela. "I would have passed away by now."

No doubt.

NBC did not report if "Orlando" is grateful to the American people for all the free, life-saving medical care. But the network did note that he is only one of the more than 30,000 illegals who are the lucky recipients of free healthcare in New York hospitals since April of 2022.

Regardless, in a report aired on NBC News on Oct. 2, reporter Julia Ainsley said that "Orlando" came to New York City because he heard that illegals are treated to all sorts of free benefits, including healthcare.

Dr. Ted Long, a senior vice president for New York City Health + Hospitals who helps oversee the city’s health response to the migrants, insisted that the border crisis has presented "the hardest work I’ve ever done."

Long then piously added, "But it’s been the most impactful work that I’ve ever done" because these "migrants" often exhibit "physical and emotional" trauma.

"Every asylum-seeker who has been through trauma and sometimes literal hell to get here in New York City deserves a chance, deserves to have our help to take their next step forward," Long said.

But all this "impact" that Long finds so personally uplifting and the free care so casually dolled out by hospitals in the Big Apple to illegals is coming at a cost to actual American citizens.

According to Randye Retkin, the director of LegalHealth, a division of the New York Legal Assistance Group, many actual citizens are being "referred" elsewhere when they try to get help.

Retkin's group helps clients who are in financial difficulties find the life-saving care they need to survive.

"Of course, we want to make sure we get to those clients or patients as soon as possible," Retkin said, according to NBC. "The health care professional will say, 'This person might need a transplant in a month or so,' or 'This person really can’t get the treatment they need. Can you help us out?''"

But these days, Retkin admits that most of her "clients" are now illegals, not Americans."

https://www.wnd.com/2023/10/american-ci … -illegals/

Probably worst in Canada. I'm a senior and have not seen a doctor, just only once in three years. There is half the doctors here been cut, after the COVID. And we pay half our taxes that gose to free Medicare. The immigrants do get treated really well for most part here. Unfortunately we can't afford them or there series of serious problems anymore.  The homeless is the new pendemic, in one of the most freezing countries in the world.  Trudeau must.go. Personally I don't depend on politicians,  housing, food and drugs, because I make my own, And my own healthy remedies. Possibly this will catch on instead. Glad I toured 6 continents, before travel may gets shut down too, it happening faster and faster.

I feel your concerns

When I contemplate the issue of illegal immigration and the current challenges, as well as the many anticipated difficulties down the road, I find myself deeply concerned at this juncture. I sit wringing my hands...

It's important to acknowledge that this problem began to take root several decades ago, with little relief from Washington, and now we are witnessing a historic massive influx of illegal migrants. Should we not have expected many to come when offered such a comfortable sanctuary?  If only our politicians would be more careful with their words, and their deeds. It is evident that our government is struggling to handle this surge and is failing to propose effective solutions to even slow down the flow.

As you rightly pointed out, our healthcare system has been pushed to its limits, and I can't help but question how our hard-earned tax dollars can sustain these growing expenses. It's only a matter of time before we hear reports about our public schools being overburdened,  and an increase in the number of people living on our streets, and more..,

In my perspective, it is imperative for us as citizens to awaken and become actively engaged in choosing our representatives in Washington, as well as holding them accountable when necessary. There seems to be very little recourse available to us at this point. I believe that the current administration's performance is lacking, and this type of governance is viewed as weak and ineffective. America has become excessively dependent on our government, leading to a sense of complacency. In essence, we are now reaping the consequences of our choices.

America at this point has been buried under many crises, and In my view, we have caused crises now around the world due to our poor government.

It has been several years now since we heard that hospitals in southern California were closing their doors because of illegal aliens using the services.  Now we are seeing other "sanctuary cities", promoting unlimited immigration, finding themselves in the same predicament.

What is wrong with our people and politicians that think we can provide for and care for the people of the rest of the world that cannot provide for themselves?  Are they too stupid (literally) to understand TANSTAAFL (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch)?  Do they not care, assuming that someone else will cover the costs for the millions they demand we bring in? 

What is wrong with these people that live in their private fantasy world?

That's just it, they are isolated and detached from reality... in DC and those that fund (control) those in DC the billionaires and trillionaires that are untouchable, that live in communities far away from reality.

There are plenty of them... from Bezos' ex-wife to Soros that fund these efforts, that shape our policy of open borders.

Someone is paying for them to get here, to get free phones, to house them.  Follow the money.

Understand what they want... its not a secret, its stated and in the open.

Many share your frustrations when it comes to the immigration policies and government actions that appear to prioritize the needs of people from other nations over those of American citizens. It can indeed be perplexing, and madning to see such a seemingly generous approach, especially when it clearly has strained our resources and infrastructure.

Your concerns about the concept of "There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch" are valid to most Americans, as it's essential to consider the long-term financial implications of any policy decisions. It's also understandable that you question whether these decisions are made with careful consideration of the financial burden they might impose on taxpayers. It is time to obviously realize we are not being considered.

The frustration you express with politicians and people who seem disconnected from these concerns -- many live in a privileged, private fantasy world where they don't bear the consequences of these policies personally. It's important to continue to hold elected officials accountable for the choices they make. Many Americans share your worries. Hopefully enough so that they will realize this administration is not on the right path.

"What is wrong with these people that live in their private fantasy world?"

Ultimately they just have ideologies that are not even feasible, are unrealistic, and are hurting the average American citizen.  Yes, it is most definitely fantasy thinking.  Most likely due to a lack of common sense.

+100000000000

2. wilderness profile image95

"Your concerns about the concept of "There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch" are valid to most Americans, as it's essential to consider the long-term financial implications of any policy decisions."

I guess I'm not so sure any more about that.  When over half the nation depends on Government handouts to get by with, when all they have to do when they run short is cry a few tears and all will be given to them, there really is a free lunch for so many.  That their "free lunch" must be paid for by someone else is of no consequence - if it mattered there would be millions of families/people doing something to change their circumstances beyond just demanding that they be given more "free lunch".

That attitude and outlook on life is just so foreign to me that it boggles my mind that so many millions live their lives that way.  I just don't understand it.

Dan,   'm in complete agreement with the sentiments you've expressed. It seems that more people than ever are relying on government support, and this trend has been steadily growing over time. This widespread acceptance of government assistance is quite evident now. It's challenging for me to pinpoint the reasons behind the prevalence of this ideology.

I resonate with your thoughts, and I find it difficult to embrace this mindset. I was raised with the belief that one should work hard to achieve their goals and never assume they are entitled to anything. I've instilled these values in my children as well – to earn, support themselves, and build their lives with self-respect as a top priority.

Have you ever read a book titled "Atlas Shurgged?"

Seems Ayn Rand was an author way ahead of her time.

To paraphrase a song from long ago:
                  Boy the way Glenn MIller played
                  songs that made the hit parade
                  didnt't we have it made
                  those were the days.
                  You knew who you were then
                  everything was in order
                  we could use a great president again
                  there was no welfare state
                  everyone pulled their weight.
                  Gee our old Salle run great,
                  those were the days.

There is a difference between change and deconstruction.

Change evolves of its own free will, the invention of electricity and automobiles changed society drastically from what it was prior to that.

Deconstruction is deliberate and by design, and is often brought about for less than egalitarian or virtuous reasons, though often that is what is espoused by those bringing it about.

Change is certainly occurring today, it is hard to keep up with technology's advances, but considerable deliberate deconstruction is going on as well, and I believe there are more nefarious reasons behind it.

2. Castlepaloma profile image76

Someone told me, I was like Ayn Rand. Looked into her, it was worth to take a few notes.

WOW! Thanks for asking such a wonderful question. It really adds depth to the conversation.  This is a book that everyone should read. Written in the 50s (so long ago)  it seems to have predicted perfectly and mirrored what we see today. I read it in the 70s when America was experiencing lots of upheaval.

"Atlas Shrugged" is an oldie, and I remember it was a lengthy and complex work. I read it many years ago, but it stuck with me.

It certainly does resemble what we are experiencing today in many ways.  America today as in the book,  has expanded its control over the economy and society with laws and regulations.  Which most certainly has resulted in industrialists, inventors, and intellectuals frustrated with the government's regulations and intervention. It also appears that the government's policies are stifling individual creativity and success.

Will our society rise up and strike and withdraw their talents and innovations from the world? Could happen.   For example, Elon Musk comes to mind.  He certainly has turned on the current government's ideologies, which could be seen as trying to control those who are innovators, and free thinkers. Hopefully, he will fight the good fight. I could certainly see Elom as a "John Galt."

I think, the book mainly emphasizes the importance of individualism, rational self-interest, and capitalism, and the fight several characters fought to keep these values alive, while up against the Government that was quickly working to suppress all that they valued. Values that shared a philosophy, which essentially defended and promoted individualism and free-market capitalism.

So, in the end, do you feel our society, based on the principles,  many of us cherish will fight the good fight to emerge from the ruins and return to rebuild what we see as having been destroyed? The ending of the book, in my view, leaves the reader with the sense of a new beginning, and a feeling that values and ideas espoused by the characters throughout the novel are on the way to being restored.

So, what do you think, will our current society travel down the path to restore some of what we seem to have lost in the way of values,  individualism, and the quest to thrive as an innovator?

The people outnumber our tyrant dictators by a million to one. Once most of them take on more suffering and death to come. That should wake them up and realized they are the true leaders throughout human history.  They are not going to take it anymore.  Survival is stronger than the leading cause of death, being stupidity.

Sharlee you make many great points .

2. tsmog profile image83
                    tsmogposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Well-written offering a lot of food for thought. I don't have a chilled outlook regarding innovation. Yes, 'appearance' seems to say regulations stymie innovation. Yet, does it? With a simple peek on the web, there are as many articles on yea as there are on nay. Flip a coin I say.

On that note are they necessary when taking into the perspective the Preamble of the Constitution says, "promote the general Welfare"? Drawing a line may not be simple.

Just look at AI today. Where are the regulations stymieing its ever-expanding growth? I don't think our government nor bureaucracy are behind the eight ball on that. Do you? In the hidden recess of my mind, I sense opportunity, yet for what exactly?

"So, what do you think, will our current society travel down the path to restore some of what we seem to have lost in the way of values,  individualism, and the quest to thrive as an innovator?"

For me, the keyword is 'seem'. By that, I mean my values are intact. I am a unique individual. And, I innovate all the time. I mean, for example, our OPs, replies, and posts here are vivid examples of values, individualism, and innovation. It thrives here and in the greater society as I see it.

3. Readmikenow profile image94

The great philosopher Nietzsche said "Ordo Ab Chao" (Order From Chaos).

Right now the United States is experiencing quite a bit of chaos.

According to Nietzche all people secretly crave order.  I'm hoping that the desire of American citizens to achieve order comes to the front of national thinking.  When that happens, things will change for the better.  If it doesn't, we re seriously doomed.  The United States will fall like the Roman Empire, the Mongol Empire and even the British Empire.

All great societies throughout history have fallen in one way or another. 

I hope that doesn't happen during my lifetime.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)