jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Resolved: Hub Statistics

1. profile image96
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 5 years ago

How about allowing people who publish hubs to click on their hubs to edit them without this adding to their hubs statistics. This could be achieved by "registering" the IP addresses of the PCs they use to edit hubs. This would allow new people who have just added hubs to see how many "real" visits their new hubs have gotten.

2. MickiS profile image82
    MickiSposted 5 years ago

You can already do this today by going to My Account > Statistics and click the Edit button next to the title of the Hub you wish to edit. You do not need to view the Hub (thereby generating a view in your stats).

3. profile image96

Thanks for your reply. I edit my hubs using the method you advised and notice that when I finish editing that I often do generate a "view" on my hubs. Is it something I am doing wrong?

1. angela_michelle profile image100
      angela_michelleposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's because when we press publish now, or done editing, it then goes straight to our hub, causing a view. So technically this one is not resolved.

4. profile image96

Thanks for your reply. I edit my hubs using the method you advised and notice that when I finish editing that I often do generate a "view" on my hubs. Is it something I am doing wrong?

5. profile image96

Thanks for putting my mind at rest, I thought that perhaps I was clicking on the wrong link somehow (although with only two options Edit or going to the hub directly I was a little confused as to how). As I am still relatively new to all of this I record my own views so that I know how much "real" traffic my hubs get, but if it could be sorted out so that we can't generate our own "views" that would be wonderful.

working