jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Dog blogger built a whole website with our articles!

1. alexadry profile image92
    alexadryposted 5 years ago

This blogger has built a whole website using hubs from some of us dog training bloggers. Several of mine were copied with pictures. I have seen articles by shibashake, whitney and jackinabox, isabella snow etc. Here is the url of this offender:
    trainmynewdog.blogspot.com
    I hate seeing people building a whole website without lifting a finger and stealing content and pictures!

2. rebekahELLE profile image88
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

These people are everywhere in every niche!  Content thieves abound.  I wouldn't give him/her the pleasure of a backlink.  Just post the address to copy and paste.  I hope you've filed a DMCA.  Good luck!  Blogger usually moves quickly once reported.

alexadryposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oops, I forgot all about the hyperlink thing, last thing I want is to give traffic! I edited it so it is no longer a back link. Thanks for the note and the good luck; I wished Google would spend more time on tracking down these thieves rather than launching penguins, pandas, pigs and opening a zoo!

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
        Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Google simply does not have the man power to track them all, however, they will respond to a DMCA filed with them. I have had positive results doing that.  Good luck!

1. Daughter Of Maat profile image97
          Daughter Of Maatposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Dale. When Bigezine stole all of our hubs, google responded quickly after I filed my DMCA. Unfortunately, that's the most we can do these days. We can't stop them from stealing our work until after it's stolen. It's a sad state of affairs that we even have to deal with this, but that's life.

I wrote a hub about my experience, and it has copyright information in it for those who may be interested in learning how to protect their work. It won't completely stop theft, but it may stop a lot of it. There's also a great book out there called "The Copyright Handbook." It's a wonderful reference book for all writers, including online authors. It even comes with a disc of documents including a DMCA form that all you have to do is fill in the blanks.

Daughter of Maat I will check your article. That's odd. I just went to the blog so I could provide the URL to DMCA and it now says "This blog is open to invited readers only". Not sure what that means. I guess the author is trying to make it inaccessible to me.

1. rebekahELLE profile image88
              rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The blogger may very well be following activity in the forums, possibly has a HP profile.  I'm sure your content will be removed soon.  You can still look at the cached version by entering the address in search. 

I had an incident last week with the same Blogger platform.  I was checking one of my hubs that ranks well to see if it was copied anywhere and I found it on Blogger,  BUT this blogger had simply stolen my title and first paragraph and then added different content!  I filed a DMCA late one evening and it was removed by the next evening.  I included in the DMCA that my article ranked well for keywords he had taken the liberty to steal.  Blogger is owned by Google, so they may respond more quickly. 

I looked at the site and the blogger has left the original author's name with a link to their HP profile.
              But when it says, read more, it opens to the blogger's page.  I know a hubber who once did something similar, but the 'read more' linked to our own hub.  And we volunteered a hub for his site.  In your case, the blogger has taken your articles for his own site.

2. Daughter Of Maat profile image97
              Daughter Of Maatposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The thief may very well have an HP account and could be watching the forums. That was the case with Bigezine I believe (I can't be sure the person had an account, but they were most definitely watching the posts and feeds.) They ended up stealing my article about their theft and even took the time to edit the article, changing the copyright to "Father of Daughter of Maat." I found that so rude, the people obviously had no moral integrity.

Wow, daughter of Maat, that is really rude and so unethical! I am so happy that website was removed, it stole so much content!

working