jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

SUGGESTION: Report or Block Answerer

1. melbel profile image91
    melbelposted 5 years ago

It would be nice to be able to either:
    Block certain hubbers from answering questions
    or
    Report answers

I've been getting answers stolen from other sites posted on my questions by a particular hubber for days now. I keep deleting the hubber's answers to my questions, but he/she continues to answer any new questions I post with stolen content.

I can only control the answers to my questions, so this hubber could potentially be damaging others' sub-domains by posting dupe answers there. If I could report him or her, then this could potentially protect other hubbers.

1. Aficionada profile image90
      Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think your suggestion is a good one.  In the meantime, while staff is discussing it, have you flagged the Hubber's profile?

1. melbel profile image91
        melbelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have a few days ago.

1. Aficionada profile image90
          Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good!

I do think, though, that the ability to flag answers - as you suggest - would have some real advantages, specifically including (possibly) protection of other Hubbers from grossly inaccurate information, from spammy links, from spammy copied answers, and from attacks - in cases in which the Hubber who asked the question does not see the answer in a timely manner.

I'm glad you made the suggestion.

2. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is the exact type of scenario that flagging a user's profile handles well.

2. MickiS profile image82
    MickiSposted 5 years ago

Melbel, as always, thanks for the great suggestion and sorry about your getting hounded by a copycat.

I've added to the list for our development team to look at at some point. As was rightly pointed out in this thread, although you as the question owner can delete the answer and flag the profile, it doesn't handle the scenario so well when another reader finds an offensive answer.

I will be honest in saying that it's not likely to happen soon only because we are a small development team with a lot of priorities. Although the current solution is sub-optimal, at least there is a way to do something (delete the answer and/or flag the user profile).

working