jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (20 posts)

Hey guys, i'm new to the Hub

1. ghflaw120 profile image60
    ghflaw120posted 5 years ago

well i am good at creative writing but i'm yet to start hubbing. So i am open to any suggestions on interesting hubs to help start things off and get the hang of it.

1. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If we knew, we'd be doing it ourselves... smile

1. Denise Handlon profile image85
        Denise Handlonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

smile

2. profile image59
      Jackwil80posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Welcome onboard, you will get to learn alot of tactics on writing from here, You should observe other memeber's writing skills and adapt the best into your own writing style! its a great community:)

2. WryLilt profile image80
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Welcome!

Are you here for fans or money?

3. mts1098 profile image83
    mts1098posted 5 years ago

Hello and welcome...

4. ghflaw120 profile image60

Thanks Wrylilt, i am here to practice my writing and in the long run of course i'l get both so yeah. . .you can say that.
    Duly noted Sophia big_smile.
    Thank you as well mts 1098.

1. WryLilt profile image80
      WryLiltposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Writing for fun or creatively generally won't make you money online. smile

5. ghflaw120 profile image60

I can hon my skills towards enlightening people, i'v gone through a whole lot and i'd really like to make a difference in someone by sharing my experiences and what not, so i don't really care about the money, if i make some or not, at least what i share may be able to make a difference and that is what matters to me smile

If you want to make a difference, you need to learn how to generate traffic; and that generates money. smile

ghflaw120posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yeah i see what you mean, so i got a lot to learn here and seeing you have been doing this a while, how about you help me get started ??

It took me more than six months to learn the basics; most of them have to be learnt, not taught. You can start with the FAQ and the learning centre.

Thanks again Wrylilt, i'l go check it out

2. profile image0

If you want to make a difference, you need to generate traffic, yes. But you also need to write grammatically and well. So far, your spelling and punctuation isn't that of a good writer. And, yes, I'm the grammar police...

You might like to read this...

http://lifehacker.com/5930680/i-wont-hi … -heres-why

I sometimes get carried away when writing because i have gotten used to writing rhymes and using short forms. That will have to change and that is  why the learning process comes in place. Thank you for enlightening me on that.

1. profile image0

I understand that, but they are not acceptable. The word, gotten, could have a more elegant replacement. Can you think what it is and rewrite that sentence in a more elegant and thoughtful way? Short forms are not acceptable!

Anyway, would love to see something you have written...

How about writing something today and letting us know. You can't post the link here. You can just say that your first hub is ready. smile

I sometimes get carried away because i am accustomed to writing rhymes and using short forms.
              I think that is more elegant, is it not?

Given that i have not done this before, i would appreciate it if you corrected and gave me pointers if you come across any faults.

1. profile image0

I keep a blog for emerging writers...

This was my latest one...

<link snipped>

2. profile image0
          Motown2Chitownposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What a fantastic article, Sophia!  I had to share on my Facebook page AND bookmark the article!

smile

6. Green Bard profile image91
    Green Bardposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages and good luck here!

working