jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

quoting the Bible

1. butterflystar profile image65
    butterflystarposted 5 years ago

Is it ok to quote scripture from the bible? And if so do we hv to put the bible name crediting the specific bible used? Thanks

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You may use quotes.  It would probably be wise to indicate which bible is being used.

Be aware, though, that a hub with little but quotations will be judged as duplicate (and be unpublished), and rightly so.  It is the same words that are all over the web.

butterflystarposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the information smile

2. Dale Hyde profile image88
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

When doing any quoting I would suggest that you always give the source.  Also, be sure that your original text is enough to offset the quoted material to keep you from being hit with the duplicate filter.  I have occasionally used "stats" for a particular subject, but have always included a high percentage of original material as well within the hub.

butterflystarposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What are stats? And thank you for the information:)

2. IndikaT profile image80
    IndikaTposted 5 years ago

I was about to create a hub on best Steve Jobs quotes and before doing so I wanted to see what the expert would say, because it would charge me the duplicate content penalty. SO I now know that the danger is there and I decided not to publish that hub.

working