jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Confused about Hub Ratings

1. kathleenkat profile image84
    kathleenkatposted 5 years ago

Hi all,

Yesterday, when I logged in,  I was at 85. Now, I am at 83. I havn't published any hubs or answered any questions, obviously because I was logged out. I am a little confused on how the rating could have gone down. Do Hubs change in rating? I never really paid attention. I noticed one was labeled "Down in Traffic" today as opposed to yesterday.

Just wondering what are the causes to increase/decrease Hub rating when I'm not even around?

1. Novel Treasure profile image90
      Novel Treasureposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi KathleenKat,

Yes your hubscore does change and can change daily. It's based on a lot of different things, including how active you are on hubpages (i.e. writing more hubs, updating hubs, participation in forums etc...)

For more information, check out the Learning Pages link

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/understanding-stats

Hope this helps!

1. kathleenkat profile image84
        kathleenkatposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks;

I wonder, since I have edited a couple hubs, that perhaps that is the cause.

2. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can attempt to understand all the various fluctuations that you may encounter as I used to, however I found that it was complicated and a needless sense of worry and concern that detracted from my other efforts.  No outsider can see this score and it has no bearing on where you rank in the search engines.  I always refer to it as a mystery simply because there appears to be many, many things that will make it surge up and surge down.  smile

3. Hyphenbird profile image94
      Hyphenbirdposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I see you are currently at 86. As Dale said, this score is unpredictable and the reasons are unknown. Mine recently plummeted 5 points in one day even while I was publishing, commenting and that sort of thing. It is a great mystery of the universe. laugh

4. pisean282311 profile image51
      pisean282311posted 4 years ago in reply to this

now u r 87...dont worry ratings of hubpages are like ratings of obama...when he didnt do anything he had highest ratings smile

5. The Invincible profile image61
      The Invincibleposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You just need to calm down Kathleen. These variations will keep on happening even for the rest of your tenure over here on Hubpages.

Just keep doing what you're here for. Consider Hub Score a gimmick smile
      That should help!

6. profile image0
      Casimiroposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Kathleen,  I think, too, there is some lag time, maybe even 24 hours, so it's very difficult to correlate your own activity with the hub score. Sometimes I put out a couple good articles in a short time, answer questions, comment on other hubs, the forums, do the Hub Hopper, ... and my score is down 2 points the next day. LOL!

1. pisean282311 profile image51
        pisean282311posted 4 years ago in reply to this

@casimiro lol....it is said silence is worth 1000 words...

2. Thelma Alberts profile image84
    Thelma Albertsposted 4 years ago

It really is a mystery! It goes up and down without our knowledge, how come even if we are active here;-)))

3. kathleenkat profile image84
    kathleenkatposted 4 years ago

I was 89 an hour ago; now I'm 88.  I guess I should just make sure I don't have a really low score!

4. Marketing Merit profile image88
    Marketing Meritposted 4 years ago

I think you stand a better chance of cracking Google's algorithm to be perfectly honest!

I wouldn't worry about it too much KathleenKat.

5. jackiemac profile image67
    jackiemacposted 4 years ago

I know it seems random doesn't it! I mean I guess when it's an automated system (i think its called an algorithim)  what can you  do? I'm new as well so I'm just trying to get the hang of all of this.

working