jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

HubPages Tutorials and Community is now totally unuseable

1. Uninvited Writer profile image85
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

The HubPages Tutorials and Community is now totally unuseable since all the game posts from the sandpit were dumped in there.

1. relache profile image90
      relacheposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Seconded.

2. SmartAndFun profile image98
    SmartAndFunposted 5 years ago

Thirded. What does playing games have to do with helping us learn how to be more effective hubbers?

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I agree.  Where is the logic?  Games clearly belong in the "free form" chit chat area.

4. derek gulbranson profile image81
    derek gulbransonposted 5 years ago

Thanks for pointing this out Uninvited Writer. It's probably something we can resolve by rearranging the categories, but after taking a look around I'm not totally sure I understand what you're referring to. Would you mind posting some example links for me? 1, a link to the HubPages Tutorials and Community that is now totally unusable for you, and 2, a link to an example of the game posts from the sandpit that were dumped there.

1. W Vidal profile image56
      W Vidalposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Strange you're asking for that question and those links. First, you seemingly don't discuss with hubbers (who are the key players in a rev-share business) before your team implements a significant change on the website (one which will affect their user experience). The one-day forum transformation, and the layout makeover, both should have been talked over with hubbers before implementation.

They all contact you, and get no response.

And now, you are obviously advertising your comprehension skills. Bravo. Your team wins a badge on user experience, customer relations, and fair-dealing.

1. ytbot1x profile image60
        ytbot1xposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Were you banned after exercising your Freedom of Speech? Strange. A promising hubber was banned by the HubPages staffer as he raised some very serious questions.

(Hope they won't ban me as I leave this little critique!)

2. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 5 years agoin reply to this
      1. derek gulbranson profile image81
        derek gulbransonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the help. I think I see at least one of the issues now. I was confused because none of those forums appear to be under the "HubPages Tutorials and Community" topic. But it looks like there's a bug with the breadcrumbs reporting wrong topics for some forums. We'll get that fixed.

5. derek gulbranson profile image81
    derek gulbransonposted 5 years ago

The source of the issue that you're reporting is because the "Freeform Discussion" topic is categorized under the "HubPages Tutorials and Community" topic. I think freeform discussions are definitely part of the "HubPages Community" so I think that top-level category makes sense.

We're definitely open to reorganizing topics so that you can follow the right ones to get the discussions your interested in. What were you hoping that the "HubPages Tutorials and Community" forum would be limited to? Perhaps there's another topic that would be more focused on just the things you're interested in.

1. SmartAndFun profile image98
      SmartAndFunposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Maybe "tutorials" and "community" need to be separated now. In the past, didn't "tutorials and community" mean community members' tips and tricks for doing well at HP? That is how it appeared to me, at least. If "community" now means word games, OT chit-chat and sandbox stuff, it would help tremendously if it were separated from the "help" and "tutorials" forums. Maybe "help" and "tutorials" could be combined.

2. Marisa Wright profile image98
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The whole point of "quarantining" the Sandbox section (which has now become the Freeform Discussion section) was because it was recognized as different, even though it is a Community thread.  Talk to Paul Deeds, or look at his original forum post when it was separated.  It made good sense at the time and it still does.

1. SmartAndFun profile image98
        SmartAndFunposted 5 years agoin reply to this

"Community" is just so broad. Every thread in every category could be considered a "community" thread if you stop and think about it. Why not break it up a bit more?

6. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

It seems odd to me that two areas described in the left column side by side are actually in different places of the linear hierarchy.  I found that confusing.

working