jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

The meaning of term "long-form content"

1. NateB11 profile image94
    NateB11posted 4 years ago

This is the statement on the FAQ page here on HP: "...we want to highlight long-form, media-rich content on HubPages..."

What is the meaning of the term "long-form"? Is it a certain number of words, a certain way they are presented? It's been suggested that a web article can be too long. Of course, it is also suggested that it can be too short. So, what is the meaning of the term "long-form"?

1. kschang profile image88
      kschangposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It just means that it's something that is still relevant 2-5 years from now, as opposed to now.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
      Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I would take that to mean they are looking for stellar hubs.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Elem … tellar-Hub

NateB11posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good link, clarifies a lot.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image73
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

In general we are looking for content that is similar to a magazine article.  Not a blog, not a personal journal, etc.  A good Hub should also have supporting media (links, images, etc.) that are directly related to the Hub content.

NateB11posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Matthew, that definitely clarifies it, and makes sense.

2. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

I think it refers to articles with 1K words or more tongue reports are saying people stay longer with long reading material while others say, keep it short 300-700 since people's attention span is short. I say, go for both if necessary and you can find out yourself what is working vs not working wink

3. thooghun profile image82
    thooghunposted 4 years ago

I believe it simply means that an article is as in-depth and detailed as necessary. As long as it thoroughly covers the subject, even if you aren't overly verbose.

4. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

There is no precise meaning.  It is just referring to good hubs--which tend to be more like magazine articles than tweets or tumblr posts.

5. SmartAndFun profile image91
    SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago

LOL, five replies and five different answers. Maybe whoever wrote that piece for HP will chime in and tell us what they meant by it.

6. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

They mean by it hubby hubs or hubbiness--they stuff they tell us to do including not having the huibs be too short.  The answers all look about the same to me based on that.

I think it is pretty clear what is to short as it gets you the 'insufficient content ' warning, and if you ignore that it gets your hub unpublished.

1. SmartAndFun profile image91
      SmartAndFunposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, the answers are somewhat similar, but still I would like to know what the author of that particular passage meant by it. That is going to be our best answer.

7. tussin profile image58
    tussinposted 4 years ago

But why would anyone post magazine-length magazine-quality articles on Hubpages where the payouts are so low? Where your labors of love will be sent to Mechanical Turds for review? Where they'll be posted alongside hubs written by people who think "stuck" and "struck" are synonyms?
    http://ahmedb.hubpages.com/question/207 … nings#open

Like going to McDonald's and watching the customer in front of you ask for fillet mignon...

working