jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (18 posts)

How do I take a break?

1. Marsei profile image85
    Marseiposted 4 years ago

I need a break from HP but would like to eventually come back.  Is there a way to close my site down temporarily and come back to it later or should I just leave it as is and take a break?

2. Shadesbreath profile image85
    Shadesbreathposted 4 years ago

Just leave it. Your articles will continue to do their thing while you are away.

3. Victoria Lynn profile image91
    Victoria Lynnposted 4 years ago

Oh, yes, definitely leave it alone. You might have be pleasantly surprised at how well your articles are doing when you return. No need to take them down; then you would have to start all over again with them.

4. Anti-Valentine profile image99
    Anti-Valentineposted 4 years ago

That's why they refer to it as passive income. smile

5. StayAwakeNow profile image59
    StayAwakeNowposted 4 years ago

Keep them up. If you're lucky, they'll start going viral and you'll even earn from them eventually.

6. Simone Smith profile image92
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

I agree with the gang, Marsei. And keep in mind that you can adjust your email settings to not send you anything by checking the "Vacation (pause all notifications)" box under My Account > Profile > Email Settings: https://hubpages.com/my/profile/email

1. sallybea profile image100
      sallybeaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

As always, great advice

7. ritsukakunx profile image51
    ritsukakunxposted 4 years ago

Yes, leave them! If you don't leave them, you won't make passive moolah while away! :p

8. Thelma Alberts profile image86
    Thelma Albertsposted 4 years ago

I agree to all. You´ll be surprise to what you earn when your away for a while;-)

9. johndnathan profile image82
    johndnathanposted 4 years ago

I'm going to redundantly reiterate what everyone else says and say Yes, leave them here to keep getting you more passive income!

Then when you get back you can check your account, hold your head high and shout "I'm somewhat richer!  MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHHH!!!"

[thunder clap]

10. summerclark7387 profile image85
    summerclark7387posted 4 years ago

I just came back to hubpages this week after a year away, only to discover that one of my hubs is being featured, and has had over 13,000 views, giving me my 10,000 accolade without me even knowing!  It was such an awesome surprise for me, so yes it is definitely worth it to keep your Hubs up and running smile

11. flash167 profile image88
    flash167posted 4 years ago

I agree, keep them up.  When I first joined Hubpages I wrote one Hub as an experiment and then completely forgot about Hubpages for over a year.

When I came back I realized that I had made some earnings.  It was only a few cents per month but it was enough to make me want to start writing more often both on Hubpages and my blogs.

12. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 4 years ago

Marsei....I've entertained this thought myself, a time or two, but always seem to abandon it, for fear of what a "lull" may do to my account.  I'm glad you posed this question and have received such great replies.   
    So nice to have Simone pop in now and then, to give us "official" info!   She's better than a customer service rep in every aisle at Wal*Mart!! LOL

1. Victoria Lynn profile image91
      Victoria Lynnposted 4 years agoin reply to this

LOL, Effer. You are so funny. I totally agree with the customer service rep comment. :-)

1. fpherj48 profile image75
        fpherj48posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Vee......I know, really.  I walked around a huge Wal*Mart once, for so long....going over every square foot of floor, looking up and down every aisle....by the time I found one, I walked up to her......and my mind was a total blank.  She asked me what I needed and I said, "I'll be damned if I know."

1. johndnathan profile image82
          johndnathanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

All the bright and varied colors wiped your memory.  It happens to all of us... except dogs, since they only see in blue and yellow.

2. Victoria Lynn profile image91
          Victoria Lynnposted 4 years agoin reply to this

LOL! And when you DON'T need them, they are everywhere, blocking the aisles, bugging you to death with "Finding everything okay?" Geez!!

13. Marsei profile image85
    Marseiposted 4 years ago

Thank you all for your good advice and I will do just that, leave them up and running.  Thanks again for taking time to answer.
    marsei

working