jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

More with HubPages Group and Widget

1. That Grrl profile image72
    That Grrlposted 4 years ago

I'd really like to do more linking to my Hub posts by topic. I have my own niche/ topical sites and I'm a content curator for several topics on a growing network. These are examples of places where I would like to place the HubPages widget or a link to all my posts in one topic (known as groups on HubPages).

Can we get a widget which lets us select a topic group rather than being limited to "hottest, best and latest" posts only?

Also, an RSS feed per group too.

There are so many places I could link to my Hub posts and yet the abiliity is just not here to take a link other than the main profile page and the limited widget.

1. Simone Smith profile image93
      Simone Smithposted 4 years agoin reply to this

While I'm pretty sure RSS feeds are gone for good, I do appreciate the suggestion to add more Topic-based functionality to Profiles. At any rate, I've made a note of your suggestion, and will be bringing it up in this Thursday's community meeting!

That Grrlposted 4 years agoin reply to this

If not an RSS feed, at least some link I can post to another site, showing all my posts in that particular topic/ group. There are limited places to post the profile link but there are many places I could post a topical link.

Thanks for looking into it Simone.

1. derek gulbranson profile image80
          derek gulbransonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Could you post some links to examples of other sites that you would like to put these? It will help to see the context.

http://www.scoop.it/
            I have several topics on Scoop.it. I could have a topical link on each individual topic. I get an average of 350 - 400 views per day on Scoop.it - even on weekends when my HP traffic goes down to half mast. I'd really like to have the topical HP link in the header for my topics. I think this would boost my weekend drops.

I was a curator with Snip.it too but they suddenly sold out to Yahoo and are no more. I'm always looking at more networks to join but have not found another which I like enough to use steadily yet. Either way I will stick with Scoop.it as I have been there more than a year already.

http://www.good.is/ - Nice for short niche posts.

I'm currently writing for the Yahoo Contributor Network and I applied as a topic writer on About.com last week.

My own blogs - wordgrrls.com greenlivinghistory.com thegrrl.com and 2 others which I have bought domains for. One I have planned as an ASCII art site for my own art to be both a gallery and an online greeting card site. I am also working on a directory for urban exploration sites which will be listed by location.

I would like to use my old Blogger blogs to run a topic feed which I can use to promote all of my topical posts. The sidebar would be a great place for an HP widget for the topic relevant to the blog.

2. Simone Smith profile image93
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

Hey That Grrl! We discussed the idea in yesterday's community meeting, and agree that the best way to address this would be to improve the present topical grouping options on the Profile Page, but for now, our hands are too full with other projects to be able to address this.

Rest assured that we have this recommendation on record (and would like to address this issue anyhow) and that we'll get to it as soon as we can!

Thanks for the feedback Simone.

working