Strange Traffic Source

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)
  1. EricDockett profile image96
    EricDockettposted 11 years ago

I've been getting a ton of traffic from a site called k. co .il (no spaces).  It looks like a site from Israel and its in Hebrew.  It's some kind of internet explorer trivia game.

It seems legit, but  I can't imagine why it would be linked to several of my Hubs.  It's nice to have the traffic.  I just hope there's nothing strange going on.

Any cause for alarm?

1. sleepylog profile image60
      sleepylogposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I get a lot of traffic from that website too and like you I have no idea what they do, but any traffic is good traffic.

2. Reality Bytes profile image73
    Reality Bytesposted 11 years ago

If they have forums, perhaps someone posted one of your links.  Maybe it was in a comments section?   I get random traffic all the time, never had a problem.

EricDockettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Maybe they have something like that.  It's probably nothing to worry about, but I thought if it was some kind of issue maybe someone else would have heard about it.

3. Kathryn Stratford profile image89
    Kathryn Stratfordposted 11 years ago

This is from LinkedIn:
    "K / Logic (www k co il) is one of Israel’s leading Online Marketing companies, serving Fortune 1000’s as well as start-ups world-wide in sectors such as Communications, Publishing, Banking, Insurance and Technology. K / Logic serves as a strategic partner to its clients through its commitment to delivering results on a firm base of creativity, technology and incredibly great thinking.
    Specialties: Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Social Media Marketing (SMM), Web Business Intelligence (BI), Strategic Internet Consulting, Conversion Optimization"

I would not worry at all! It sounds legit, and if they're into search engine/social media, it is probably common to get traffic from there. I have never received traffic from them, but my traffic sources come from all over the world. Russia, UK, India, Canada. It's common.

Thanks for posting this!  I didn't see that summary, but that's about the gist of what research I did manage on the site.  I'm certainly grateful to have the traffic if it's legit, as it appears to be.

4. EZ Swim Fitness profile image81
    EZ Swim Fitnessposted 11 years ago

Fascinating! Thank you for the update - this is very helpful. I look forward to seeing more traffic from abroad. Excellent!

5. Angel21518 profile image60
    Angel21518posted 11 years ago

This is fascinating and very helpful!

6. My Mind Speaks profile image61
    My Mind Speaksposted 11 years ago

Whew, good to know. I was nervous about certain traffic sites, and I didn't know if it was a good thing or bad thing.

7. pinto2011 profile image68
    pinto2011posted 11 years ago

Hi Eric! I too at times get traffic from personal domain of few people, strange and looking for answers. Actually the internet world is expanding and people have find several ways to interact and earn. Maybe this thing has to do something with earning through referral.

8. SAM ELDER profile image55
    SAM ELDERposted 11 years ago

I dont understand why not just enjoy traffic and relax..

Because bursts of traffic from certain types of undesirable sources should be reported to Google and HubPages.  Even if you didn't ask for the traffic, if it is against TOS it can look like you're up to something fishy and you can lose your Adsense account.

1. Cardisa profile image87
        Cardisaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are absolutely correct Eric. All online publishers must be concerned about their traffic sources due to Google's search and publishing guidelines.

9. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

If they're an "SEO" site and they follow Black Hat techniques, it can harm you.  We had a malicious attack when I first joined from something called "Skylancers."  They began giving tons of hits to some hubs that were getting good traffic.  I have no idea why they were doing that - at first, seeing a bit of a surge, and being new, I was excited.  Very quickly, I could tell it was abnormal traffic and I reported it to the site, as well as to Google.  So, if you see abnormal traffic, beware!  But a nice increase could be exactly that - just a nice increase!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)