jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Uploading Multiple Short Videos to One Hub

1. Chris Telden profile image87
    Chris Teldenposted 4 years ago

Hello,

I am trying to upload several short videos I created (each one a few seconds long) to one hub.  I can only see a way to either create a video hub and add ONE video, or to add as many 3rd-party videos to a normal hub as I want, but not a way to upload more than one video hosted by HubPages to my hub. 

What am I missing?

Thanks!

1. NateB11 profile image94
      NateB11posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm pretty sure you can only add one video to a video Hub. Only other option is to create videos on YouTube and put them in the Hub.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't think  you're missing anything, I'm pretty sure you're right.

Honestly, it hardly matters because by far the best way is to upload them to Youtube, then create a Hub and embed them.

That's because you get two bites of the search engine cherry that way - once on Youtube and once on HubPages.   We've had a few people who have tried doing video Hubs here and found they don't do all that well for traffic compared to the same video on Youtube.   Once you have a good presence on Youtube you may be able to monetize your videos there too.

2. Chris Telden profile image87
    Chris Teldenposted 4 years ago

Marisa said:
    " Once you have a good presence on Youtube you may be able to monetize your videos there too."

Thanks, Marisa...but not with the quality of my videos (which are basically  20-second video clips produced on a 15-year-old digital camera).

Speaking of which...anybody have any recommendations for any good video recorders for making YouTube videos?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

OK, so that means you may not get to monetize your videos on Youtube.  But you still get a two-way link so it's still good for exposure.

working