jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Impressions

1. JeffRobinson profile image68
    JeffRobinsonposted 4 years ago

I'm fairly new to Hubpages and I just have a few concerns about adsense and the ad programme.

I have 8 Featured Hubs, ad programme active, adsense approved. I notice that I get around 10-15 views a day on me hubs, but when I look on adsense I only get about 2-3 why is this? I've been on here about a month now and only earned 9cents, how can i boost this please.

Thanks for reading this.

Jeff

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Views: Total number of people who visit your hub (including you).
      Impressions: Your share of views where adverts appeared (60% minus any ad blockers)

Also, Hubpages stats work on a rolling 24 hours while Adsense works on a static 24 hours.

2. Ronwan profile image70
    Ronwanposted 4 years ago

Boosting your earnings is not really easy; struggling with it myself as well.
    More Experienced Hubbers say the more Hubs you have created the faster yuor earnings will increase.
    So .... work to do smile

3. profile image93
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 4 years ago

Hi Jeff,
                Welcome to HubPages. I agree with what Ronwan says. When I first started a year ago, with a similar number of hubs as yourself, I was lucky to get one hit a day. Since then, my hubs have gone from under ten to almost ninety. Along the way, I have learnt lessons from the more experienced hubbers here and transformed how I construct hubs and improved the overall standard massively. As a result, my traffic is much, much better. I am not able to retire yet (sadly), but traffic is much improved and still increasing.

Just continue to write hubs, follow the advice from HubPages when creating them and look at some of the more experienced Hubbers Hubs and see what they do and emulate their style and standard. Also try to come up with a niche you can write about, something you are passionate about so that this shines through on your hubs! Good luck!

4. ossmedia profile image61
    ossmediaposted 4 years ago

Look forward to best and suitable answer for the same .

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

See my reply to the OP

5. JeffRobinson profile image68
    JeffRobinsonposted 4 years ago

Thanks very much to all of you for your posts, has helped me out quite a bit.

Thanks

Jeff

6. Conleys Review profile image81
    Conleys Reviewposted 4 years ago

I believe the difference between your Hub views and Adsense views is because Hub views are counted for every visit, but adsense is only counted by Google when adsense ads on a Hub are clicked.  Many people may visit your Hub, but only a few will click the Adsense ads.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
      mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Adsense views will still be counted whether or not someone clicks on adverts, but for really accurate figures Analytics is best.

What Wry Lilt said in her last comment is accurate in terms of impressions, views, rolling 24 hour periods versus static 24 hour periods etc.

1. Conleys Review profile image81
        Conleys Reviewposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm sure your are right if Hubpages uses Google's "Pay per Impression" program, but  the numbers in the original question are more representative of Google's "Pay per Click" program.

7. MichaelUS profile image65
    MichaelUSposted 4 years ago

You're lucky you're approved!

8. profile image0
    Beth37posted 4 years ago

I do a pretty good impression of Cher.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image84
      Mark Ewbieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Lol Beth.

working