jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)

Do you save copies of your hubs off-line?

1. FlourishAnyway profile image91
    FlourishAnywayposted 4 years ago

Hubbers, can you weigh in on whether you save copies of your hubs off-line (electronically or by printing)?  As my hubs have increased, my investment has as well.  It leaves me to wonder whether it is a good idea to have back-ups.  Thoughts?  Suggestions?

1. rose-the planner profile image86
      rose-the plannerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Great question! I am certain that many are wondering the same thing.  I think it is always a very good idea to back up all of your work because you simply never know.  Take care and have a wonderful day!  -Rose

2. bravewarrior profile image95
      bravewarriorposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I save all of mine, as I first create them in Word.  I use them as samples when I'm looking for freelance work and use them when pitching to a magazine.  They are part of my portfolio.  I have several folders in Word that relate to my writing, i.e. poetry, short stories, samples, Perspectives and hubs (those are the ones I write that don't fall into any of the above).  I think it's important as a writer to maintain copies of everything I write.

3. btrbell profile image90
      btrbellposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have a dropbox account where I save all of my hubs and blogs, as well as my personal things, pictures, etc. It is a free online cloud storage and I have mine set up to save it automatically. There are several brands to choose from but I have been happy with this so far!

FlourishAnywayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, btrbell.  This is helpful.  And thanks everyone for your input.

4. dghbrh profile image68
      dghbrhposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have saved all my works offline. Thank you

2. christin53 profile image80
    christin53posted 4 years ago

I write and save all my work off-line it would be pretty daft not to.If Hubpages died tomorrow I still have all my work.

My thinking precisely.  Additionally, sometimes the editing takes on a life of it's own and I just want to go back to what I had but there is no record od it.  Do you save your hubs in word processing form (MSWord, for example) or is there a better way, capturing layout etc.??

1. christin53 profile image80
        christin53posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I use open office it is free I write all my work on there

Is that lik MS Word?

2. Kathryn Stratford profile image91
      Kathryn Stratfordposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't, but that is a great idea. I am planning on backing my computer up soon, so I think I will do the same with all of the hubs I have put work into, as well. It would be a shame to lose everything if something happened to this site!
      ~ Kathryn

3. younghopes profile image82
    younghopesposted 4 years ago

Definitely and why not? I always have a copy of those posts which  i am writing here. It is important, in case we leave this site or the site goes down at least we have a backup of our hubs

4. mythbuster profile image85
    mythbusterposted 4 years ago

I like the mention, by btrbell, for using dropbox. Not sure why I didn't think of that 'cos I use dropbox for a lot of other things.

thx, btrbell - I sometimes need the entirely obvious pointed out to me lol

5. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 4 years ago

There is a free utility called "Scrapbook" for firefox, it is very simple to use and can backup everyone of your pages very quickly just by running it from your account page.

1. viryabo profile image86
      viryaboposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for this info Leanman

6. Thelma Alberts profile image83
    Thelma Albertsposted 4 years ago

I´m doing it offline, but not all hubs yet. I´m still printing some of the hubs that I wrote when I was in my home country. You´ll never know when and if you need the copies.

working