Dear Hubpages staff...

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (36 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

I understand that it is not your responsibility to create my traffic.
    I understand it is not your job to make me rich or famous.
    I understand that it is not your job to write essays or poems of quality.

What you have given me is a forum to write about the things that interest me and hopefully a few others. You have held me accountable to achieve the standard you have set and though I don't always hit the mark, I believe it is achievable. I consider it a privilege to write on this site and I thank you for creating an environment that welcomes everyone. Cheers!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 10 years agoin reply to this

And they have given you the chance to become forum Queen!

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

haha. If that day comes, don't tell my mother. I really should be cleaning something.

The day HAS come. I saw your name listed in the Hubbie Award results.
          http://blog.hubpages.com/2013/10/announ … d-winners/

2. Thelma Alberts profile image90
          Thelma Albertsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congratulation Beth!

1. profile image0

Thank you... I feel that I should stop talking now... funny how you feel empowered when no one cares, but if you have 10 ppl's approval, you feel something akin to shame. lol

2. bBerean profile image60
        bBereanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

aka: Batgirl

3. profile image0

Im a little embarrassed... I didn't realize Id been given that award. If you hadn't said that, I might never have known... I would have gone to my deathbed without knowing I had once been the queen of a kingdom of words. I can think of no higher honor. smile

Does this mean I have to marry paradigmsearch?

I was wondering about that, too.

2. paradigmsearch profile image59
          paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm... This is worth contemplating... Unfortunately, I vaguely recall you have already been snagged by someone else.

1. profile image0

My alter ego is married, but batgirl is up for grabs. She looks way better in a utility belt than I do.

1. CraftytotheCore profile image74
              CraftytotheCoreposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congrats both of you.  Will someone please Send in the Crowns?

2. bBerean profile image60

...and so began the Batgirl Paradigm.   

Kind of sounds like an episode name for the Big Bang Theory.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image87
                DzyMsLizzyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

LOL, bBerean

1. bBerean profile image60

wink

2. Hikapo profile image78
      Hikapoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8427830_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

Does he come with a gift receipt?

1. Hikapo profile image78
          Hikapoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8428031.png

2. Cardisa profile image87
          Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Beth you are too picky, if you don't want the gift just send it over to me big_smile

1. profile image0

I don't know... it's possible he was regifting.

3. HubPages profile imageSTAFF
      HubPagesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Aw, shucks. Thanks for your kind words, Beth! smile

1. profile image0

smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

I am fond of HP as well. They really are a kinder, gentler website. I'm trying to come up with a batch of new, interrelated hubs as we speak.

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
        paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I am a legend in my own mind...

2. Thelma Alberts profile image90
      Thelma Albertsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congratulation paradigmsearch!

3. cjbryant27 profile image61
    cjbryant27posted 10 years ago

So true!

4. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

Come to think of it, I haven't posted my bootlegged pic of HP staff on their annual retreat in awhile.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/3958676_f1024.jpg

1. profile image0

Can you imagine if you were on a walk in the forest and you just looked up and saw that? I would scream so high dogs couldn't hear it.

It would depend upon if they were six feet tall or 10 inches-- I think they are cute. If you look closely enough, you can see that some of them are smiling-- like the HP staff.

1. profile image0

They're smiling cause they finally know what they're going to have for Thanksgiving.

1. bBerean profile image60

The giant tortoise their riding?  I hear it tastes like chicken!

1. profile image0

I sincerely hope that's a rock.

5. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

You put so much effort into that it's almost scary.

6. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 10 years ago

OMG Beth darling ! Congratulations , even I saw this when it came out and I'm sllooowww!    I think hubpages is even more legit when it awards  those who soo deserve it ! Hey .....That makes you a winner !  Can it rub off at all ?  If so I'm hangin with U !

1. profile image0

I knew I was a winner. I have stood and looked in the mirror every day for over 30 years and said, "Beth, you are a winner, you're smart and good and dogginit ppl like you." I knew one day it would pay off!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)