|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisements has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|
How can you tell if a question should be in answers or forum ?
HubPages Q&A Rules
The Answers section of HubPages is a great place to find both short and Hub-length answers to your most burning questions. There are, however, a few guidelines about how to use this section of the website. Questions may be removed if they do not meet certain criteria.
A good question:
• Stands alone. If your question is dependent on the context of a certain Hub to make sense, consider contacting the author directly through his/her profile page, or leaving a comment on the Hub itself.
• Discourages purely personal answers. Surveys, polls, and questions encouraging back-and-forth discussion should be posted in the forums, rather than the Q&A.
• Is specific, and easy to understand. Make sure you have phrased your request as a question, that its meaning is clear, and that is not cut off mid-sentence. There is an additional field for you to expound upon your question, or add further clarification or extra relevant information.
• Is not promotional. Questions asking for followers or Hub visits, or with links back to your own Hub, site, or affiliate offer.
Examples of bad questions:
• Where can I get that dress in the 1st picture on your Hub?
(Does not stand alone, should be left as a comment on the Hub.)
• Who is your favorite pop singer?
(Invites short answers or discussion, should be posted in the forums.)
• i do not no how 2 do that, plz tell me wat i
(Bad grammar/spelling, cut off mid-sentence.)
• Do you like Nike shoes? Check out my latest Hub.
Examples of good questions:
• Does green tea help with weight loss?
• When is the best time of year to plant tomatoes?
• How do you check the oil on a car?
• What are President Obama's views on immigration?
Forum if you want an answer to an HP related question.
'Questions' for issues in the wider world.
It is good to be brief and pertinent, in both.
Questions & Answers is a place to ask questions which will spark ideas for members to write Hubs about.
If someone can't write a whole Hub to answer your question, then it doesn't belong in the Q&A section.
by Suzanne Day4 years ago
Hi everyone,I'm just starting out in the wonderful world of Hubpages questions and answers. I've had a look through the help centre and only found a little info....basically that Q&A's are meant to be a very mini...
by Eric Dockett3 weeks ago
What the heck is the point of Q&A? I don't mean that sarcastically. I am really trying to figure it out. I can't formulate a strategy for properly using this feature unless I can understand the intent behind...
by Brandon Lobo3 weeks ago
I thought that the questions would be adding to the hub, thereby making the hub rank better for certain terms. However, that's not the case from what I see. The questions show on the page but not the answers, so the...
by kallini20107 years ago
I have been on HubPages only for two months. I did not think that "Asking & Answering Questions" was a complicated matter.But I have come across a question that if you ask a question and then answer...
by Billie Kelpin3 years ago
So, I understand that the question-answer section is to inspire hubs, BUT it feels a little disingenuous to use the information everyone provided, especially when that information would fit nicely in a list. I...
by Midasfx7 years ago
I think it would be nice if we could earn money from our questions here on hubpages. Still with the 60/40 split just like on our hubs.The only thing I would think would be people posting too many questions, so maybe...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.