jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Can I nominate my own hub for editors choice?

1. JakeFrost profile image60
    JakeFrostposted 3 years ago

The options there, say I am really proud of one of my hubs... One that has Hub of the Day, can I nominate it? I don't see why not as it's still I piece I think should be recognised - but will I be penalised for "tooting my own horn"?

1. lovebuglena profile image92
      lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think you are only allowed to nominate someone else's hub...

2. Writer Fox profile image78
      Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Robin E. posted on the forum that you are allowed to nominate your own Hub and she encouraged you to do that.  You won't be penalized.

1. loveofnight profile image84
        loveofnightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

this is good to know because i have wanted to do the same thing with one of my hubs. thanks much

3. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Jake,

As Writer Fox mentioned, you are indeed allowed to nominate your own Hubs. Please feel free to do so! smile

1. lovebuglena profile image92
        lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Really? I would never think to do that. Good to know.

If we are allowed to do that then many hubbers will probably start nominating their own hubs for EC and many of them...

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
          Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

We do encourage Hubbers to only nominate Hubs they believe are truly worthy of Editor's Choice (whether their own Hubs or Hubs by others). If we discover a Hubber nominating a huge number of his/her own Hubs that are not high quality, we will stop considering submissions by that Hubber.

But submitting a couple of your best Hubs is perfectly ok and we encourage Hubbers to do so.

2. Thelma Alberts profile image84
    Thelma Albertsposted 3 years ago

Really? Is that really right? If it is, I have to look if one of my hubs is worth this accolade.

3. ktnptl profile image51
    ktnptlposted 3 years ago

Really? I nominated one of my hub as featured. Do you think it will create any problem?

4. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago

I'm disappointed to hear HubPages allows us to nominate our own Hubs.  That seems like an invitation to abuse, for one thing.

working