jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

FIXED: Recipe Hub Problems

1. Barbara Kay profile image88
    Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago

I am having problems with this hub. http://barbara-kay.hubpages.com/hub/Dia … ert-Recipe

I have been trying to create this hub, but I am having problems with the Nutritional capsule. I am trying to add the number 125 for total calories for fat and no matter what I do, it adds an extra number.

Thanks for your attentions.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image74
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

@Barbara Sorry you had issues with the nutrition capsule in your Hub.
      I just tested using Chrome 31.0.1650.63 m in Windows 7 and was able to add 125 calories by itself as well as with other information in the Hub you mentioned.
      I left the value in the nutrition capsule, so you can see it.

If you are still having problems, here are some trouble shooting steps to try.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Diag … r-problems
      If after those steps, you are still having issues, please let us know and we can research further.

Barbara Kayposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The Calorie counts if fine, it is the calorie count from fat just below it that isn't working right. Thanks.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image74

Barbara.

Fat calories are calculated from the grams of fat entered.
          The only calorie field to enter directly is total calories.
          Only integer values can be entered for grams, so if you enter 14g for fat, the resulting "Calories from Fat" value will be 126 calories.
          We have a feature request to allow decimal gram values submitted, but I am not sure when it might be implemented.

I have forwarded this to our engineering team so we can add the units back (grams) on that entry screen to reduce concision going forward.

Did you edit your Hub and delete the nutrition capsule?

Thank you for your time. I ended up using a chart capsule instead, so I could finish the hub.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image74

We deployed a fix today and the units have been added back to the nutrition capsule.  Hopefully that will reduce any confusion as to what data does in each field.
      Thanks for taking time to report the issue!

2. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

Just a general, long shot suggestion.

Instead of typing it in, paste it in. As I said, long shot. smile

Thanks.

3. profile image0
    cjaroszposted 3 years ago

Try deleting the capsule and then adding a new one. I have problems like this sometimes. Also, just try refreshing your page.

4. Barbara Kay profile image88
    Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago

cjarosz,I just deleted the capsule to start over and it says I am only allowed one Nutrition capsule in a hub. I am about ready to give up on this one. Thanks for trying to help.

Closed to reply

working