jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

RESOLVED: Can't sign up for Hubpages Ad Program

1. Setab profile image94
    Setabposted 3 years ago

I am having difficulty signing up for the Hubpages Earnings Program. I go to the Hubpages Earnings Program Settings, under Ad Program the status says "not active", so I click the configure button and it says the following:

While your Google AdSense account on HubPages is active, your publisher id was simply typed in to our affiliate settings box. This means that it has not been verified to us as valid by Google. In order to activate the Ad Program, you must associate your Google AdSense account with HubPages through the AdSense API. It only takes a few minutes. You may begin that process here.

Below that it says:
    1. Sign up for Hubpages Earnings Program  -  Complete
    2. Associate a Google AdSense Account      -  Incomplete

So I click on the Associate a Google AdSense Account link. Next page says, Do you already have a Google AdSense Account? I click Yes & Next.
    Next page says:

You are currently signed into the Google Account

Would you like to use this account to sign in to AdSense?

I click on Yes (because that is my email associated with my existing AdSense account) I sign in with my password. It asks me to specify content language, for which I choose English and click "Accept Association" it redirects me back to Hubpages Earnings Page Every Time. I have done this dozens of times over the last week.

I tried enabling cookies. Didn't help

Can You Help?

2. The Examiner-1 profile image79
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

Did you go to directly to your your Ad Sense account to see whether or not you have any notifications and what they say?

1. Setab profile image94
      Setabposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I checked my Ad Sense acct. and I don't have any notifications.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image79
        The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Do you know where to find your publisher's ID? It seems to have been entered in the incorrect place. Copy it and re-enter in the correct place. See if that helps.

3. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

Have you received an email from Adsense (possibly in spam) asking if you wish to approve the association?

Sign into your Adsense account, click on "Allow & Block Ads">"Manage">"Access & Authorization">"Third Party Access" and see if Hubpages has a pending request.

1. Setab profile image94
      Setabposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your help. I did what you said and it says that it is enabled for Hubpages. Doesn't make any sense why I can't associate it.

1. Camille Harris profile image
        Camille Harrisposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Setab,

We have made a change on our end and notified you via email. Hopefully this will allow you to complete the process. Sorry for the frustrating experience!!

4. Setab profile image94
    Setabposted 3 years ago

Thanks for everyones help. The change the hubpages team made fixed everything and I am now signed up.

working