Me Want More Views...

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (26 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

Now there's a shocker... A lament.

Let's accumulate a Top 10 List of ways to get more traffic.

I'll start.

Pinterest does work.

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
      LuisEGonzalezposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Scoop.It , Facebook and Twitter but when used in combination.

paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Twitter has been really good to me when it comes to tweeting posts from a certain other site that shall remain nameless.

2. profile image0
        KenDeanAgudoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

never heard of scoop.it, better see that

2. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Joining Yahoo groups that are for you niche and then sharing your work. Redgage does bring a little daily traffic. Join forums for your niches.
      Write for other content sites and share your link.

I agree with using Pinterest. In the summer months, I get more traffic from there than I do from Google USA.

Joining Yahoo Groups is something I have not done. I guess it's time for me to poke them with a stick.

3. The Examiner-1 profile image59
      The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Write about subjects which are more looked for with search engines, (Google, Yahoo, Bing...). Use an adequate amount of keywords in your Hubs with a keyword finder such as Google Trends, use more photos/videos; polls & quizzes, etc.

2. starme77 profile image76
    starme77posted 9 years ago

Use good titles, use relevant key words , but do not overstuff your article with keywords, Use Google + in combination with twitter, facebook , and use google webmaster and bing webmaster tools .. use hubpages groups to link your hubs together to name a few smile Happy Hubbing smile

Bing WMT is something else I never did get around to doing. I started this thread out of boredom, but it has turned out to be worthwhile. I now have two items for my to-do list.

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
        LuisEGonzalezposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I forgot to mention that I have a Paper.li E-newspaper and it does provide me with several visit per day.
        Here is the link in case you may want to start your own:
        <link snipped>

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
        Patty Inglish, MSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I found a few things to do from all these suggestions as well, so thanks for this thread!

3. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 9 years ago

I just sit around and wait, and hope for the best. I'm lazy.

1. starme77 profile image76
      starme77posted 9 years agoin reply to this

haha smile nice idea smile smile

2. Tolovaj profile image88
      Tolovajposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This is my plan too!

4. susi10 profile image96
    susi10posted 9 years ago

As you mentioned, Pinterest really does work. Adding an interesting caption to an excellent photo really enhances Pinterest traffic. Beauty, DIY and craft hubs tend to work the best in terms of traffic.

When analysing competition in Google, I have found Niche Market Finder to be very handy. It is a free tool that shows the PageRank of all the competing websites for a group of keywords. It is then easy to see, how strong or weak the competition is. Rather than assessing the competition myself by manually checking the PR of the first and second websites, I find this much easier.

I think that seasonal hubs can bring in higher traffic during their peak months, however, they then lie dead for the rest of the year. But for some good short-term traffic and a continual high stream of traffic during its top month or season, I think that seasonal hubs are best.

I am looking forward to see what others say.

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

They love gardening and recipes on Pinterest too.

5. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

-An old fashioned email with hub link sent to family, friends, and associates. Tell them to check out your latest article and feel free to share with others. Hopefully, they will tell two friends, and so on, and so on . . .
    -Find a website or e-newsletter in your niche. Ask the editor to post a link to your article that would be beneficial to readers of that site.
    -Edit, edit, edit, update, update, update hubs every two to three months.

Thats all good advice, and ya know it seems everyone should have family and friends, however that is an assumption. What about the people who do not have family and friends? What do they do? Who do they reach out to for traffick?

1. janshares profile image93
        jansharesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Good point about it being an assumption. I was aware of that when I posted. But I still wanted to share it because it does work well for those who have a large address book and may consider email ancient and not useful.

I was one of those people haha , was, until I did a social media experiment on facebook and aquired over 5,000 friends there haha, now I gots lotsa contacts yep yep haha smile

6. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

Well, thanks to starme77, I did the Bing signup thing. I even enlightened them about the infamous websitewithnoname while I was at it.

I'll check back in a few days and see if traffic data is showing up for those two sites. If it does, then I know I did it all right. Them and their Microsoft accounts...; pain in the neck.

I sent them a note informing them that 1000 visitors a day to each site would be a good start. They said they'd get back to me on that.

On a serious note, the summer downslide does indeed seem to have begun. So, if my next weekend's traffic is not less than my last weekend's traffic, I will consider this whole thing a resounding success.

Update. Well, been 30 hours, give or take. According to HP, Bing has dropped by 11 times. That's too high to call them slackers, and too low to get unduly excited. Oh, well. Leastwise I don't have to feel guilty anymore about not doing the signup. .

up your crawl rate in Bing and wait for a few weeks because bing only updates every other week smile

2. starme77 profile image76

haha glad to help , when you index yourself it can take a few days to a few months so just be patient u will get there from heeeeere smile

I'm glad I did it. Thanks.

Welcome smile smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)