jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

How to file DMCA complaint with a Japanese website?

1. sleepylog profile image90
    sleepylogposted 3 years ago

Hello everyone. I have found a Japanese website that is hosting content stolen from me. The website in question is goo.ne.jp and my content appears on one of their subdomains. The whole website is in Japanese except for the stolen content so I have no idea how to contact its owners/administrators to request the removal of my content. I have done a WHOIS search but this is what comes up and none of it makes any sense to me:
    [ JPRS database provides information on network administration. Its use is    ]
    [ restricted to network administration purposes. For further information,     ]
    [ use 'whois -h whois.jprs.jp help'. To suppress Japanese output, add'/e'     ]
    [ at the end of command, e.g. 'whois -h whois.jprs.jp xxx/e'.                 ]
    [                                                                             ]
    [ Notice -------------------------------------------------------------------- ]
    [ JPRS will change JPRS WHOIS (web-based and port 43 Whois service) about the ]
    [ following two points on January 18, 2015.                                   ]
    [  1) Change of the format of response about gTLD domain name                 ]
    [  2) Change of the character encoding                                        ]
    [ For further information, please see the following webpage.                  ]
    [ http://jprs.jp/whatsnew/notice/2014/20140319-whois.html (only in Japanese)  ]
    [ --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ]

Domain Information:
    a. [Domain Name]                GOO.NE.JP
    d. [Network Service Name]       GOO
    l. [Organization Type]          Network Service
    m. [Administrative Contact]     HS8389JP
    n. [Technical Contact]          SH820JP
    p. [Name Server]                ns1.goo.ne.jp
    p. [Name Server]                ns2.goo.ne.jp
    p. [Name Server]                ns.intervia.ad.jp
    p. [Name Server]                ns.via.or.jp
    s. [Signing Key]               
    [State]                         Connected (2014/06/30)
    [Registered Date]               2004/06/15
    [Connected Date]                2004/06/15
    [Last Update]                   2013/07/01 01:16:48 (JST)

Can anyone explain this to me? How can I contact them? Does anyone here speak Japanese who could please tell me how I can contact their admin or complaints department?

Thank you so much.

1. Writer Fox profile image77
      Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The site is hosted by an American company:
      http://www. verio.com
      Send DMCA request to:
      copyright @verio.net
      (Remove the extra space in the links above)

sleepylogposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Writer Fox, I'll get onto them. May I ask how you found out?

1. Writer Fox profile image77
          Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If that doesn't work, send it here: abuse @hknet.com

1. sallybea profile image96
            sallybeaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I filed a complaint with the same address and received the following email.

Thank you for contacting us.  Unfortunately, we do not have anything to do with the i cs21.com site, nor the j apanesex.ml site it redirects to.  They have copied our DMCA page from V iralNova.com and left our contact
            information in it.
            I would like to be able to do this but am not sure how to do this.
            I have added a space to the second letter of each link.

From my understanding, they are hosted @ Amazon and use CloudFlare CDN services.  I suggest you send the DMCAs that way.

Thanks and best,

Ryan

sleepylogposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I received a similar reply and they directed me to another hosting company whom they believe might be able to help me, so I have contacted them and am now waiting for a response.
              Thank you for your responses everyone.

1. Organised Kaos profile image93
                Organised Kaosposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sleepylog and sallybea, I too have had this same website steal approx 6 hubs and am interested in hearing your results.
                Could you kindly post any further information from your emails. You both seem to have gotten the furthest so far with this mob.
                Many thanks.
                Kaos.

1. sallybea profile image96
                  sallybeaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hubpages  updated their DMCA database.  I received an email from Matt when I asked for some help,  so you should now be able to file a claim against ics21.com. The email address you should send the DMCA complaint to is blogswei@gmail.com.

working