jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (17 posts)

I finally saw the colors! No, I do not mean a rainbow. I mean the

1. The Examiner-1 profile image80
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

share buttons were all in their individual colors of each icon to match their site, instead of all a solid black. I believe those colors looked better - and they were still in their regular place on the Hub page.

1. Hamshi profile image80
      Hamshiposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yeah just checked mine.
      They REALLY stand out now.
      Love it. smile

2. Health Reports profile image92
      Health Reportsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It does look great! Thanks HP!

3. paradigmsearch profile image86
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Purdy, aren't they? big_smile

I think this is a really interesting experiment on HP's part. I'm really curious to know which elicits a better visitor response; the color or the monochrome? Personally, I don't know which way to predict.

1. Susana S profile image91
        Susana Sposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What they'll be testing is the effect on ad revenue.

People will not click an ad and a social button, so more social shares could actually decrease revenue which wouldn't be good.

The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

If more social shares bring in more traffic than it is more likely that each are likely to click on the ads. Even if each customer clicks on less ads, if there are more customers clicking on the ads than it is still an addition.

1. Susana S profile image91
            Susana Sposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yeah "if".

A lot of times what sounds logical actually doesn't turn out that way when you test it.

4. marieloves profile image75
      marielovesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

They look great. I prefer the colour buttons over the black ones for sure.

5. Faith Reaper profile image86
      Faith Reaperposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, Kevin, they look great now!  I had been wondering about them being all black instead of their own unique colors.  So glad that they made the change.  Blessing for a great weekend.

6. Phyllis Doyle profile image90
      Phyllis Doyleposted 3 years ago in reply to this

They look much better, Kevin. I noticed them earlier today and like them now.

2. Jayne Lancer profile image91
    Jayne Lancerposted 3 years ago

I liked the chic simplicity of the monochrome buttons, but I guess the colored ones are more attention grabbing.

3. susi10 profile image93
    susi10posted 3 years ago

Yeah, they are really nice! The colour really increases the chance of a share, since people feel more obliged to share if the colours are different.

I hope that maybe the HubPages team could publish which social media buttons, the colour or the monochrome received the most shares. Maybe they could publish it during one of the week's newsletter after the experiments?

4. The Examiner-1 profile image80
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

When I used them when they were all in the same black tone the other window appeared for a minute for your action. When that window was gone I might look back two and ask myself, "Did I do that one?"
    Now that they are the specific icon tones I automatically remember. I like it this way. I hope that they stay with these ones.Thank you HP.

I thought that it would be just me on the one Hub and the colors would be gone by the time anyone read this. Hooray!

1. susi10 profile image93
        susi10posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Do you like them more than the old ones?

Definitely. They are easier to see, easier to separate from each other. I can pick them out by color and/or letter now - I think it is faster. For the HP share I just count to 10 and within there it says 'Shared'.  It is not just "loving pretty colors", they are the exact matches of their own sites.

5. Penny Sebring profile image87
    Penny Sebringposted 3 years ago

I just love colors, and these are no exception!

working