jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

What is an alt tag and ow do I do it?

1. CatherineGiordano profile image90
    CatherineGiordanoposted 3 years ago

I have seen comments that say picture should have a alt tag.  How do I put an alt tag on a picture?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You'll see a lot of advice on the internet about how to write on blogs and websites, that don't apply on HubPages.  HubPages (and other writing sites like Squidoo, Wizzley etc) are set up differently to allow members to create content on a template.  You can't add an alt tag, the closest you can get is the caption.

2. Barack James profile image89
    Barack Jamesposted 3 years ago

Alt tag is a visible description of pictures used on a webpage; it's associated with the main keywords of the content....@ HP you don't have to mind about alt tags cause you're already using them when you edit your picture capsule; literally, it is the word(s) that appears above pics on your hubs

CatherineGiordanoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If I have not put a header in my picture capsule, does that mean there is not an alt tab.  Should I go back and add keywords into the title area of all picture capsules?

1. Barack James profile image89
        Barack Jamesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes! But don't do over-stuffing of keywords; use them naturally for the sake of search engine robots; you can also add secondary keywords in the caption area

3. brakel2 profile image85
    brakel2posted 3 years ago via iphone

Yes and they can be keywords or secondary keywords, being sure not to do keyword stuffing in hub

4. EricDockett profile image93
    EricDockettposted 3 years ago

Your image caption is the alt tag here on HP. The image title is another H2 tag.

Your image alt tag tells search engines what's in your image. If you're going to write your image captions as image alt tags they should be short and describe literally what's in the image. "Blue 1999 Widget"

CatherineGiordanoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

thank you for your very helpful reply.

working