jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Hub Pages Amazon Program

1. LindaSmith1 profile image59
    LindaSmith1posted 3 years ago

I was skeptical about joining the HP Amazon program over simply having my own Amazon account. I am seeing sales gradually increase.  I just checked my account balance and was shocked!!!  I have gotten a commission for a $149.99 item from one of my hubs.  Once my life settles down, maybe I need to start doing more hubs.  Although slow, it looks like things are beginning to improve here.

2. KarinaKate profile image60
    KarinaKateposted 3 years ago

Very interesting. Maybe I don't understand the Hubpages Amazon program, but are you saying you would not have made this sale without being in the program? That using your own Amazon affiliate link would have lessened your changes to get credited with that sale and make this big commission?

Looking forward to your reply and other comments from other hubbers about their experience.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The chances of making a sale are exactly the same whether you're in the HP Amazon program or using your own account.  However, the percentage you earn from the HP Amazon program is higher (unless you've qualified for a higher rate on your own account).

1. LindaSmith1 profile image59
        LindaSmith1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

With my own account, I would have earned only 4% commission,  I earned 8% with HP program, doubling my commissions. Other sites, I earn 4% but they take 1/2 of that leaving me 2% in earnings. I can't say for sure, but I am making more sales now than I have been for the past 3 years.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image59
    LindaSmith1posted 3 years ago

KarinaKate!  Tough question.  All I can say is that I have been here for 3 years and just made my first payout!   

I think I may have had one Amazon sale in all of that time.   I switched to the HP Amazon program out of curiosity.  I am not being bombarded with sales, but I am making them now.   Like you, I am curious as to what other hubbers are experiencing, especially some of the older ones.

4. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

I am contemplating this too.  My only concern is that if I use my Amazon program only on my own site and don't make any sales that they will close down my account. 

I know the earning rate is much higher being on HP's version though with hubs.  Congrats on that commission - that's a nice surprise!

1. skear profile image90
      skearposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You might consider using Skimlinks instead of directly participating in the Amazon program.  I had to make the switch when Amazon dropped all of the affiliates in my state due to tax reasons.

Skimlinks is nice because due to their size they are able to obtain higher payout tiers from Affiliates (similar to what Hubpages does).  So while they take a small cut of your earnings I've found that I actually make more money since their payout percentage is higher than if I was on my own.

Plus their plugin automatically converts product links into affiliate links, so all you need to do is link to products on Amazon, eBay, or any of the merchants in their networks.

It's a bit like Commission Junction but way better.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I used Skimlinks for the 6 months that I had a blog and never earned one cent!

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, but you can't use the Skimlinks links in your Amazon capsules and if you use them in your text, you're limited to two per Hub.  The HP Amazon program gets the same higher payout tier.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Christin S

My experience has been that I never had any sales from anything until I started using the Amazon Hp program.  Sales have been steady and once in awhile I get a good one, but all have helped me make payout every month since I started with them, which has never been my case before.

5. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 3 years ago

I too would like to know why you think joining the HubPages Amazon program is the reason for your sale.

working