jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

RSS FEED no longer supported

1. nmadore profile image59
    nmadoreposted 3 years ago

You can't post links to Hubpage articles on your Goodreads, Amazon and a host of other pages without an RSS feed. They will only take an RSS feed. I would like to link my posts here to all the websites where I have an author page. You would think Hubpages would want the traffic. Is this possible?

And on a side note...I've been reading articles about this that appear to be outdated...why are there no dates on the articles to tell people when they were written???

1. Marisa Wright profile image97
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years agoin reply to this

If you notice a Hub with outdated information about HubPages, it's a good idea to report it.

2. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 3 years ago

Yes, it's possible.

Displaying dates are an author's choice.  Many of us have opted not to display that info due to the amount of article theft that happens here.

1. Beth Eaglescliffe profile image100
      Beth Eaglescliffeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hi relache.
      Is it possible to hide the "last updated" dates on hubs? And if so, how is it done?

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
        Paul Edmondsonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Every Hub has the last updated date displayed.  Authors have a choice of displaying a copyright notice that has the year it was published.  You'll find this in the display settings on the right side of the Hubtool (when editing a hub).

1. Beth Eaglescliffe profile image100
          Beth Eaglescliffeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Paul.

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image68
            JYOTI KOTHARIposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I don't get it. Where is this?

2. profile image0
      MasterDripperposted 3 years agoin reply to this

good to know...a wealth of knowledge you are...have a cup of coffee on me...))

3. nmadore profile image59
    nmadoreposted 3 years ago

Hey thanks everyone for the information about the dates...but that was actually just a side thing I noticed. I was really wondering about the RSS feeds. Why can't we get them from Hubpages so we can share our articles here with sites like Amazon and Goodreads?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

We have no officially supported RSS functionality on the site, but you may be able to find a third party tool like feedity.com (I've not used them myself, but just did a test) to use to create your own RSS feed from your HubPages domain. You could also hand code RSS as well and host it elsewhere referring to your Hubs.

1. nmadore profile image59
        nmadoreposted 3 years agoin reply to this

thank you

working