jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

sharing a hub

1. CatherineGiordano profile image90
    CatherineGiordanoposted 3 years ago

Recently someone said n a comment that they had shared my hub. Can someone explain what that means?

1. pateluday profile image1
      pateludayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Follow Hubbers whose work means something to you. Do not link your other hubs in your hubs excessively.

2. Writer Fox profile image76
      Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If someone clicks on the big H+, your Hub is shared on the feed page of that person's followers.
      http://s1.hubimg.com/u/9625524_f248.jpg

3. Phyllis Doyle profile image90
      Phyllis Doyleposted 3 years ago in reply to this

When someone shares your hub, either with the H+ (which is sharing to all their followers on Hubpages) or on social sites, like FaceBook, it only provides a link to your hub - so, if people click on your link it brings more traffic to your hub site.  This is a very good thing.

4. CatherineGiordano profile image90
      CatherineGiordanoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

New related question. Someone said they "pinned" my hub. What is that?

1. Writer Fox profile image76

http://www.pinterest.com/
        This is the big "P" on the image of sharing icons I posted on this thread above.  This is a free site where you can post links to pictures you find on the Internet.

If you look at my Profile page, at the top right where it says "Also follow me on", the same P icon is there.  Clicking on that goes to the boards I have created on Pinterest.

When someone says they have shared your Hub on Pinterest, it means they clicked on the P which appears when they hover on the photo on one of your Hubs and posted it on their Pinterest boards with a link back to your Hub.  The link is a NoFollow ink, so it won't help your Hub rank on search engines.  But, you can get a lot of traffic from having an image pinned on Pinterest.

OK It's Pinterest.  I didn't understand --I thought someone pinned the whole article.  I use Pinterest and I understand about pinning pictures.  I never thought about pinning a pic from HP.  So I learned something new again.  Thanks.

2. misterhollywood profile image91
    misterhollywoodposted 3 years ago

It could mean they shared with other Hubbers or in social media:)

3. pateluday profile image1
    pateludayposted 3 years ago

Share a hub only if you wish to send useful information to your followers.

4. savateuse profile image73
    savateuseposted 3 years ago

Hi Catherine, they may have shared it to their friends/followers on Facebook, Pinterest, Google + or other social media. Hopefully, it means they found your hub useful and interesting.

5. CatherineGiordano profile image90
    CatherineGiordanoposted 3 years ago

Thanks all.  I guessed that this is what it meant, but I wasn't sure. I never knew what the H+ was for and only learned about feeds this week. If I'm a follower of the person who shared using H+ will it show up on my feed?

Do you think it is better to get a share on fb and g+ or H+.  I'm thinking the social media shares are better because it gets you noticed in the wider world.

Now that I know what this is I can start sharing hubs I especially like.

2. Writer Fox profile image76

Yes.

working