jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Comments on Ex Squidoo Lens,What Happens to those comments on HubPages

1. Elsie Hagley profile image83
    Elsie Hagleyposted 3 years ago

I'm a ex squidoo writer. I had two new hubs  I built before my lens were transferred.

I'm getting comments on them.

What I want to know is, at Squidoo I had my comments made that I needed to approve them.

Now my lens are in hubs, someone must be commenting on them but I don't see any emails for me to be approve them.

Are they just added without approval now?

1. Writer Fox profile image78
      Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

From your Account page, click on 'Comments' from the top menu.  Then, click on 'Global Comment Capsule Settings – show settings.'

There, you can check the box: 'Comments must be approved before they appear.'

Click save at the bottom.

Elsie Hagleyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks very much for a quick reply.

2. Elsie Hagley profile image83
    Elsie Hagleyposted 3 years ago

@ Writer Fox: I have found the comments, but having problems, I can approve them, but cannot comment (it says) "New comments are not being accepted on this Hub at this time".
    I have checked the buttons for the settings.

Will come back to morrow and try again, I like replying to my comments.

I have corrected it, I check marked the wrong one. I can now reply. Thanks once again for your help.

1. MariaMontgomery profile image82
        MariaMontgomeryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Elsie, I noticed that we have the option to set it where non-hubbers can comment, too. I chose that setting on my account because I get a good bit of traffic from people who don't write online or who write on other platforms.

Yes Maria, I noticed that too, I like that very much.
          We used to have it on Squidoo, but they stopped it, and comments dropped considerably.

1. MariaMontgomery profile image82
            MariaMontgomeryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, we did, and they stopped it without letting us know. Or if they did notify us, I somehow missed it, and continued telling my readers that they did not have to be a member of Squidoo in order to comment. I soon found out that was not true, & had to go back and remove that from every lens. Grrrrrr.  So very glad to have it back on HP.

working