Amazon Associates Text Links w/ HubPages Amazon Program

1. Margaret Schindel profile image98
    Margaret Schindelposted 3 years ago

I am planning to apply for AdSense soon, after which time I would like to switch to the HubPages Amazon Program. For the moment I have been using my individual Amazon Associates ID in Amazon capsules and text links.

When I do switch to the HubPages Amazon Program, will it still be permissible to include up to two text links using my individual Amazon Associates ID, or would text links also need to go through the HP Amazon Program? If I can still use up to two individual Amazon Associates account text links, then I won't need to wait until I have reached the payout threshold for my individual Amazon Associates account before making the switch (since eventually the text links should bring my individual affiliate account payments up to the payment threshold level and I won't lose the sales commissions I have earned so far through my individual affiliate account).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Margaret

1. Writer Fox profile image61
      Writer Foxposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Margaret, you may use the HP Amazon program and use your own Amazon affiliate code in two text links per Hub.  Just make sure that all Amazon products are directly related to the content of your Hub and that the products are useful to users viewing your content, so that your Hub won't be penalized as overly-promotional.  Also, you must have at least 50 words of text content per product link.

If you don't have other websites where you use your Amazon affiliate ID, this is a good way to retain your account.  Now, if you don't have sales under your affiliate ID, you will loose your Amazon account and have to start all over again.

1. Margaret Schindel profile image98
        Margaret Schindelposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks very much for the answer and the additional information, Writer Fox! I always restrict myself to relevant product links (and the text-to-ad ratio isn't a problem), but I hadn't thought about using Amazon Associates text links to keep my Amazon Associates account from being closed. Great tip!

Closed to reply

working