jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Referral Trackers question, help!

1. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 2 years ago

I noticed a forum post that mentioned referral trackers. To be honest I totally forgot about them over the last couple of years.
    But after seeing the post, I thought I would take a look at mine. Now I don't remember inviting people to track through my hubs, but long story short, I noticed that I have got 40 people under my referral trackers that have no hubs, or only one and some haven't been on here for ages!

Does this mean they are earning from here? most of them are just signing on, using my trackers and going! or am I wrong?

To be honest I don't get it, but I would love someone who knows how to explain it, well explain it to me? and can I remove them? Ta very much!

1. bravewarrior profile image95
      bravewarriorposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'd like to know when to use the Link to This Page button. Do we click it when we post new hubs? Or is it used to link to other people's hubs?

1. PegCole17 profile image90
        PegCole17posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Shauna,
        A long time ago I wrote an explanation of the Referral Tracker feature. If you'd like to see it, it's called Creating Referral Trackers, the Non-technical Explanation. I hope this helps.
        Peg

Nell, Don't worry about your referral tracker sign-ups. There's no need to remove them. If they ever come back and start writing, you'll earn from their views.
        Peg
        Here's the official version from the Learning Center
        http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/referral-program

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

Most people who sign up under a referal link never post a hub.  That is normal.  but are you sure those are forty sign ups rather than just 40 clicks on the tracker?

Nell Roseposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hiya, I have 40 names not sure whether they just clicked or not, I have no idea about these trackers, totally and utterly forgot! lol! I just wondered what it meant, thanks

Just looked again, they all signed up, but none of them are on here now, would that make a difference to how much I earn or do they still earn even though they are not writing?

1. Jayne Lancer profile image90
          Jayne Lancerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You would earn from them if they were earning, it otherwise makes no difference to your earnings.

Thanks Jayne, that answers my question I was just confused, totally forgot about them and wondered if there link to me was holding back my views etc too

2. Venkatachari M profile image84
            Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I don't understand how a referral tracker can earn by clicking on your links. When they do not have stuff on their pages, how can they earn at all? I am confused about this.

working