jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Sharing Hubs on FB - Pictures No Longer Attached?

1. a beautiful mess profile image98
    a beautiful messposted 2 years ago

Hey! I've recently published a few hubs and tried to share them on Facebook as always. What usually happens is a photo from the page I'm sharing pops up, so the viewers can get a preview of the webpage. Now when I paste the link, no photo is loading, and I'm just sharing a plain old link to the page. That's not exciting at all!

I'm wondering if this is a result from a change in HubPages' settings or Facebook's settings. I'm not entirely sure, and none of you may be either. However, if someone knows a way to fix it, please share!!

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image99
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I just shared one & the photo appeared as it should.  Are you using the link that pops up at the bottom of the hub for linking to the page?  It's at the far bottom, in the bar under the actual text on the page. It will say something like 'link to this page,' and when you open it, you can just cut & paste the link that appears in blue.

2. NateB11 profile image94
      NateB11posted 2 years agoin reply to this

That's an FB glitch. I've had it happen. Usually I keep trying until the photo shows up.

1. a beautiful mess profile image98
        a beautiful messposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, sometimes it wouldn't work and sometimes it would before. Yesterday when I was trying though, nothing was happening! I even tried in a different web browser. Using the link at the bottom of the hub seems to be working every time though.

1. NateB11 profile image94
          NateB11posted 2 years agoin reply to this

The link at the bottom is just the url which in in the address bar of the browser. Same thing.

3. peachpurple profile image83
      peachpurpleposted 2 years agoin reply to this

iots just a glitch. I usually upload the photo on my own and attach the url below

4. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi beautiful mess,

This can sometimes happen when a Hub's status is still pending. It's a good idea to wait until the Hub is Published before sharing on social media. If the Hub is published and the image is still not showing up, the problem is on Facebook's end.

5. Matthew Meyer profile image75
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

As Christy mentioned, make sure your Hub is not pending before you share it.

That being said, there are times when Facebook is having issues and it will not show images for links that are featured. This occurs with other sites and not just HubPages links and I have witnessed it occurring sporadically for years. 

Usually waiting a while and trying again will work, but as some people have mentioned you can also place the URL for the image first in a Facebook post and then the Hub URL and get it to at least show an image if you don't want to wait on  Facebook to resolve what is usually a temporary issue.

2. a beautiful mess profile image98
    a beautiful messposted 2 years ago

That's doing the trick! Thanks for the info, never knew that existed.

3. Sylvia Leong profile image83
    Sylvia Leongposted 2 years ago

This lack of a picture has happened to me as well.  Thank you Marcy Goodfleisch!

4. PinoyMom profile image76
    PinoyMomposted 2 years ago

What I'm doing is to delete the link if the picture is not included then I would copy the link of my hub and post it on FB.  NateB11 is correct, you have to keep on trying until the photo appears.

5. marcfreccero profile image44
    marcfrecceroposted 2 years ago

Try searching for "Facebook Debugger" on Google, and then enter the Hubpages address there. It will re-update Facebook for what to show on the site when you post it (pictures, etc)

working