jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

Topic heading verses hub group

1. Jackie Lynnley profile image80
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 2 years ago

Should these categories be listed the same or does this give your hub a bigger viewing area? Such as a hub I wrote may be under the topic of creative writing at the top but on the side in display options/hub group I have it listed under children stories; will the article show up in both those topics or just the one at the top of my article?

1. Writer Fox profile image79
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The Topic you choose for a Hub (Creative Writing) will determine how your Hub is found from the site map on HubPages.  The Group you choose is just your personal file of how you catalog your Hubs.  Two of the Hubs you place in a group will be featured at the bottom of Hubs in that group (previous and next).

Jackie Lynnleyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Oh OK I see; so the one to the right is just for me more or less?

2. Faith Reaper profile image87
    Faith Reaperposted 2 years ago

Hi Jackie, Writer Fox addressed your inquiry well here. I would add that it is most important to place a hub under the correct or best topic that would truly reflect what your hub is about. I think Google may not rank it well if the hub is not really placed under the correct topic and HP may take away too? On another note, HP did stress the importance of properly choosing the topic in a H P weekly email, as with the new feature to the right of the hub, other hubs of ours are featured or show up on that page that are related. So it is most important that all are related and truly cover the topic under which you place your hub. Hub groups are great as you can move around your newly published hub within that same Group so that certain related hubs show up at the bottom.

Sure; it would be crazy to not put it were it is meant to go. I mean if it is about cooking it is about cooking; right? lol

1. Faith Reaper profile image87
        Faith Reaperposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Well, I have seen so many placed under the incorrect topic that they are trying to force to seeming increase traffic but it backfires on them.  If you are just writing a poem about love in general, you would not want to place it under the topic of Spreading HubLove as that topic is specifically meant solely for highlighting other hubbers alone, for example. 

The hub that shows up to the right of our hubs, should be under the same topic, according to the HubPages email, which makes sense.

True but we could be writing about anything and mean it for hubbers; especially ones like you and I who don't write for pay but more to hub friends anyway. I think maybe you do put ads on yours though and maybe now you do write for pay but I have never signed up and don't plan to. I forget sometimes to take ads off until I see them! lol

No, I don't write for pay as I have a full-time job.  It is just important to place your hub under the correct topic or go down in points.  Plus it will confuse others too or mislead them.  But whatever you want to call it is up to you ultimately. 

Just attempting to address your forum issue here.

2. Judy Filarecki profile image90
      Judy Filareckiposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I never thought about moving the hubs around in the groups so the ones I want  show up  in the previous-next area. Thanks for the info.

Yes, just click on the hub and it will highlight it and then you are able to move it around within that specific Hub Group.  I like to have certain ones of my choice appearing underneath a particular hub.

1. Venkatachari M profile image83
          Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Faith Reaper, I don't see anything like that previous or next hubs. Where to find it?

3. Patsybell profile image88
    Patsybellposted 2 years ago

Well this conversation is really helpful. I have nothing to add. But I learned a lot.

working