Pinterest not Working

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (28 posts)
  1. janshares profile image92
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

I just tried again on my Kindle Fire and it didn't work. There must be a promlem with my Pinterest account. My direct log in seems to be working fine. I'll keep investigating.

2. janshares profile image92

I can't post my hubs on Pinterest. Is anyone else having a problem? The image loads half way and is not clickable. But it gives the option to go to facebook.

1. Faith Reaper profile image83
      Faith Reaperposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Jan, 

I have been having a problem trying to post to Pinterest.  It wants me to sign in to FB and post, but then it does not go there.  So, I tried to sign in via Twitter, and it just does not finish it.

3. ChristinS profile image37
    ChristinSposted 9 years ago

I just tried it out and I'm not having any problems using the pin button on the sidebar of my hubs.  Is that where you are pinning from? I also use a Firefox addon pin button and it appears to be working as well. 

Could it be an issue where you need to clear your browser?

4. janshares profile image92

Maybe. I'll try again later. Weird things happen sometimes after the Windows Microsoft updates which happened a few days ago.

5. ChristinS profile image37
    ChristinSposted 9 years ago

so true, the last "update" on my laptop made my touchpad stop working and even restoring the previous version of windows didn't fix it.  Very annoying.  Hope you figure it out.

6. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

I just posted a Hub to them Jan and checked after I read this - it was there. Perhaps they had a technical problem earlier.

7. colorfulone profile image79
    colorfuloneposted 9 years ago

Jan, I was able to post on Pinterest this morning.
    That site does have some glitches from time to time.

8. mary615 profile image82
    mary615posted 9 years ago

I just Pinned several Hubs this AM with NO problems.

9. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 9 years ago

Hi Jan, I tried to post one of my hubs to Pinterest this morning and it didn't work. It wouldn't let me choose which board I wanted to pin it to. The scroll down menu wouldn't work. Haven't tried since.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image60
      The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have been posting photos from there all morning John with no problem and I just tried one of my Hubs which went through fine. I have been scrolling up and down with ease.

2. janshares profile image92
      jansharesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That was the same problem for me, too, John. The scroll wouldn't work and you could see a blurry Pinterest board in the background scrolling slowly.

10. stephenteacher profile image68
    stephenteacherposted 9 years ago

Pinterest has just stopped allowing any affiliate links. This may or may not be related. While hub is not really an affiliate link, it could be swallowed at the same time. Pinterest did this to try and suppress spam.

11. janshares profile image92

Hi everyone. I cleared cookies and cache on laptop last night and was able to post my new hubs right away. Just did the same thing on desk top and posted another hub to Pinterest. So, it looks like that may have been the problem, at least for me. Interesting info about their move regarding links, stephenteacher.

1. Faith Reaper profile image83
      Faith Reaperposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I guess I need to do the same as I am still unable to share to Pinterest.

12. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 9 years ago

A year or so ago (or longer) Pinterest penalized our entire site due to spam postings.  I hope there aren't similar issues in the offing.

I remember that, Marcy.

13. LindaSmith1 profile image59
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

I am using it  outside of HP with no problems at all.

14. Uzochukwu Mike profile image78
    Uzochukwu Mikeposted 9 years ago

I have not tried that of recent. Maybe it is network issue or from the browser you are using.

15. LindaSmith1 profile image59

I had similar issues this morning with Pinterest and I was at the site itself.

Well, whatever is going on seems to be related to browsers but it could be Pinterest.

16. LindaSmith1 profile image59

17. LindaSmith1 profile image59

18. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

Jan,
    Are you using a computer (desktop, laptop) or mobile?

I tried all (see above) and it worked okay Saturday on laptop and desktop, didn't try Kindle Fire or Blackberry. I haven't tried again since, nothing else worth pinning.

Do you have http:// or https://? Use the https://. Which browser do you use? Try Chrome or Firefox. Clear cache and cookies. If you have ad blocker software on, try turning it off temporarily.

I think it's http, I did clear everything before which did help. Will do the same on Kindle. Thanks, Kevin.

You are welcome Jan, I hope that it works for you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)