jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

What should I improve here?

1. Romanian profile image59
    Romanianposted 2 years ago

This is my hub with the lowest score (59). It's also my oldest hub, writed at the begining of December, 2014.

http://romanian.hubpages.com/hub/In-rur … nce-a-week

I'm ready to have your feedback.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image88
      Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hello,

December is fairly recent, and you have to give it more time.
      I took a look at your hub and it has some interesting statistics about the education system in rural Romania.  It is a good hub. Here's what I would do to make it better.

1. Add an introduction.  You start off with the first item on the list without telling us what all of this is.

2.  Check your grammar.  This sentence, for example, " It should be changed the teacher evaluation criteria, that is to be evaluated on the use of teaching material, not of using of any material." Maybe change to  "The teacher evaluation criteria should be changed to include the use of computers and other teaching material."

3.  You mention that teachers don't use the computers very much, but why is that a problem?  You should explain why it is important.

4.This statement, "Also, was observed that key competencies are neglected in favor of subjects for examination, which are considered more important." is something that debated in the United States.  Many people feel that the teachers are teaching so the students do well on the test.  You can elaborate on that more. What key competencies are being neglected?

5.  Finally, you should provide some hope or suggestions for what can be changed to make things better.

You could also compare the difference between the urban and the rural system, if the stats went that far. 

Like I said, this is a good hub.  To make it evergreen, so people will keep reading it for years, instead of just talking about the study which will soon be outdated, you can make it more general to talk about the education system and how it can be improved.

Romanianposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks a lot for your time, I will try to make some changes, thanks again for these suggestions.

1. Venkatachari M profile image84
          Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think you have edited some of it now. Introduction is good now. But you have not done all the tips given by millionaire Tips. For example the grammar and sentence change in his tip no.2. You must also tell why computers are necessary? Lab does not contain only computers. Lab can be there for chemistry and physics experiments also. You must go for some more details.

I changed a bit the sentence at, 2.2 , but not exactly as Millionaire Tips said, because I was afraid to put something too similar.

I added 2 new images, an introduction,  I changed a title of a capsule, and now my hub score raised from 59 to 63, and it's not my worst hub any more. I hope it's enough to see some traffic from Google comming.

I will add more text maybe later. Thanks for suggestions, Venkatachari M.

1. Venkatachari M profile image84
              Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome.

2. gamers prophet profile image77
    gamers prophetposted 2 years ago

have you added your site to google webmaster? http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/webmasters/ and bing webmaster to see how far up thew search you will be and to improve your search listings?

I added my subdomain to Google Webmaster tools, not yet to Bing. Thanks for your suggestion.

1. gamers prophet profile image77
        gamers prophetposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I found Bing more difficult to add my subdomain to but here is a tutorial if you have not yet seen it http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/How- … ster-Tools

For adding my subdomain to Bing I need a Microsoft account, and I don't have enough time to make an account there. Maybe later. Thanks for the link.

working