jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (14 posts)

Do unpublished Hubs affect your scores

1. Ktoo profile image60
    Ktooposted 8 years ago

I have a couple of WIPs (Works in progress) that are not yet published and in one case is simply a holding tank for an idea.  Does keeping these in my "space" and unpublished affect my scores in any way?

Thanks!

2. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

No smile

3. KCC Big Country profile image90
    KCC Big Countryposted 8 years ago

I find it interesting how an unpublished hub continues to experience a score variation.  For instance, I have one I started that had the usual low 50s rating when I first set it aside.  Now, about 10 days later or so, it had a rating of 65 without any additional work done on it.  It dropped back down in the mid 50s yesterday, again with no additional work done on it.  LOL   I read in another forum thread that you can sit on a hub until the score is at one of those peaks so that when you publish it it would have that higher score on it.   Does it really matter in the big scheme of things?  Nawwwww.  Just interesting to notice.

4. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

No smile

It will eventually still get to the same more or less stable score level, just a few hours earlier or later.

5. KCC Big Country profile image90
    KCC Big Countryposted 8 years ago

2 years = 365 days x 2 = 730 days

5031 posts divided by 730 days = 6.89 posts a day

I just noticed how many posts you have Misha.  You average 7 posts a day...every single day....for 2 years. 

smile

6. gwendymom profile image79
    gwendymomposted 8 years ago

I have wondered about the variable score too. I have many hubs that are unpublished and the score seems to vary on them alot. It's pretty weird. What causes the score to vary?

7. Uriel profile image80
    Urielposted 8 years ago

i have been thinking alot about the variation of scores on hubpages, can some one tell me how the score system really works? Why does a person's score drop if he doesn't sign if daily? ( i mean i am so busy in school that sometimes i can write and publish hubs daily but this in a way or another does affect the score? How can we maintain a semi-normal score ? And how can you get more points? thanks .. for whoever replies lol.

8. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Well, this is the most comprehensive guide that I know about:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubscore

And yes KCC, looks like I have to get a life smile

1. Uriel profile image80
      Urielposted 8 years agoin reply to this

-----------------[
      \I am pretty smart not to think of that lol big_smile thanks Misha

9. NanaYaw123 profile image61
    NanaYaw123posted 8 years ago

its interesting how scores affect even unpublished hubs, but if thats the case, it will make some sense to wait for it to hit above 50 before publisihing it.............

10. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Umm, do you read? Or you just don't need to - you write, right? big_smile

11. profile image44
    badcompany99posted 8 years ago

Why not publish them and then just re-edit them. just curious

1. JamaGenee profile image85
      JamaGeneeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Maybe the author got stuck at a certain point, and the rest of it hasn't come to them yet. Or they don't like the way a "finished" one turned out.  There are all sorts of reasons to leave a hub unpublished for awhile.

12. girly_girl09 profile image79
    girly_girl09posted 8 years ago

thanks for starting this topic. I was also wondering if these unpublished hubs affect my score. Glad to know that they do not!

I have gotten into the habit of starting up new hubs on topics that I think of, then I'll write a few notes and brainstorming ideas and return to them later when I've thought of more to write. I just don't want to lose my  ideas as I think of them. smile I'm so glad that hubpages doesn't "punish" us for doing this by letting it affect our scores.

working