jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (20 posts)

Did Editor's Choice hit the dustbin?

1. profile image0
    Casimiroposted 2 years ago

Had a hub designated as such, but today I see it is no longer "choice." Is that feature now defunct, two years after it was started? Or, do others still see editor's choice hubs in their list?

1. Kylyssa profile image96
      Kylyssaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

No. Editor's Choice hubs can be un-selected for the honor. I have no idea if it is done manually or automatically under a certain set of conditions. My EC hub is still on my dashboard.

2. sallybea profile image98
      sallybeaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

They may have been deselected for something very minor.  I would write and ask staff the reason for the deselection.  I was encouraged to do this and after a few minor tweaks the hubs were re-instated as EC hubs. It may be for something so simple, like a link which no longer functions.

1. profile image0
        Casimiroposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Really, I was just curious. I don't think the distinction brought any more views to the article. More views is the name of the game after all.

1. profile image0

... and if they can arbitrarily take away awards, did it really mean anything in the first place? Oh, and thanks HP for now dropping me below 90 for the first time ever. Confirming my decision to pull out for good soon.

1. sallybea profile image98

I am finding that the Editors Choice Hubs are performing a lot better than they were when they were first awarded.

2. Good Guy profile image93
    Good Guyposted 2 years ago

I have more than half deleted.

1. Barbara Kay profile image88
      Barbara Kayposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I had lots of them and only have 8 left.

1. brakel2 profile image83
        brakel2posted 2 years agoin reply to this

That seems crazy, especially when HOD can only be picked from EC. If they are so important, why are they taking them away from hubbers? Do you think it is based on traffic?

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

http://blog.hubpages.com/2013/08/08/ann … oice-hubs/

They can give it and take it away on a whim.

4. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image96
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 2 years ago

Did you change your ad preferences?  Those with EC hubs need to also be participating in the HP Ad Program.

1. profile image0

No change.

5. cam8510 profile image93
    cam8510posted 2 years ago

Mine are still active, Casimiro.  I just want to encourage you on this point.  We all look at the various scores from time to time, but in reality they are meaningless as long as we write quality material from the heart.  If people are reading our hubs, that is the real point.  I do understand your frustration though.

6. Solaras profile image91
    Solarasposted 2 years ago

They only want one EC hub per topic, so if a better one comes along, they will deselect the previous EC article on that specific subject. My page views went up when I left the program and returned those hubs to my subdomain.

Pay no attention to your Hubber Score - that varies with the wind. No rhyme or reason. The less active I am the better my score.

1. wilderness profile image92
      wildernessposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That does not seem to be correct; 4 of the 7 I've written on a single topic are featured.

Definitely not true, I have thirteen in my niche subject.

1. Solaras profile image91
          Solarasposted 2 years agoin reply to this

By a single subject I mean if there are two articles called: how to make a crayon holder, only one will be featured.  You may have ten articles about crayons on EC, but if two hubs answer the exact same question, only one will be featured.

Paul E mentioned this back in November as they began to assimilate the Squidoo hubs into the EC program.

Solaris
            Thanks for clarifying that,my goodness, one learns something new everyday:)

1. Solaras profile image91
              Solarasposted 2 years agoin reply to this

To clarify,by "featured" I meant on EC. lol Not featured /unfeatured on individual hubber accounts.

Edit - meant to reply to calculus-geometry

7. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago

There seems to be some mixing up of "EC" and "featured."  EC is the higher tier with more exclusivity.  Featured is a much lower bar.

edit: meant to reply to solaris's last post.

working