jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: The Hanging Gardens of Clovelly

1. Nadine May profile image88
    Nadine Mayposted 2 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub The Hanging Gardens of Clovelly. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. SouradipSinha profile image81
      SouradipSinhaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I found it a very good and informative article with striking photographs. smile

Nadine Mayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your comment.

2. colorfulone profile image87
      colorfuloneposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I was trying to figure out what the problem is. I did not check all the links, but I did notice a link to a site that has a pop-up window and I think I remember reading something about those kind of links / sites are not allowed on HP.  I wish I could remember where that info hides. -- That is such a beautifully done hub!

Oh? I must have a look I'm not aware of a popup link at all. Thanks

1. colorfulone profile image87
          colorfuloneposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I found that info here: http://hubpages.com/faq/#Spammy-Elements.
          "Links to pages with window confirmation boxes that interfere with site navigation or redirect users to unwanted websites."

I really think the problem is with some of the links to sites. Sites like Wikipedia (that is white listed) we can link to as many times as we want. Also, it is possibly an Amazon capsule because HubPages only wants products that are highly relevant to the topic / content.

I hope you are able to figure out the puzzle without too much frustration. I would do a process of elimination if I wanted to keep the hub on HubPages.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

Compare your Hub to the standards described on the linked page.  This is the Hub building guide.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Elem … tellar-Hub

I have followed all there rules so far as I know, so it seems that this is a reply from a member who has not seen or read my post.

1. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I've read your Hub enough to find the original sources for the imagery you have plagiarized.

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 2 years ago

I like the topic of the hub - here are my suggestions:

The photos are pretty, but the way they're configured (with squares and multiple images in one photo capsule) looks cluttered. That's a bit distracting.

The hug title mentions a specific hanging garden, but the text starts out with something else - I'd mention the hub in the title at the top, then discuss the other examples as needed while still focusing on the title garden.

Avoid first-person - especially in the lead paragraph. That can sound like a blog.

Some photos just say "Google" as the source - those photos are likely not used appropriately (Google Images are not public domain). Look for Creative Commons photos (wikimedia or morgueFile) and provide the proper attribution.

Hope that helps -

Marcy

4. profile image61
    penchalaswamyposted 2 years ago

what do you want

5. profile image61
    penchalaswamyposted 2 years ago

i would like to tell very interesting story

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Go for it, but check the guidelines first.

working