jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (18 posts)

Major difference between dashboard income and payment for May 2015

1. makingamark profile image68
    makingamarkposted 2 years ago

I understand that occasionally people return items. I understand that there have been a lot of problems with the statistics of late

However I think a discrepancy in a payment which represents a reduction of 20% on a three figure payment requires a PROPER and detailed explanation.

People have been commenting for a while that the ups and downs in stats is going to end up being reflected in the payouts - but this just looks like nonsense to me.

Could you please investigate and explain why so much money has been removed from the sum I was expecting as per the dashboard report of money earned in May.

Also if the email figure is correct, why is the dashboard reporting significantly incorrect figures for earnings?

Can I suggest others also check the figure in their email to the figure as per their dashboard Earnings Report for May 2015.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Mine are exactly what I expected, and it has always been that way.

I really think that if you have a concern about this, you should contact the team for clarification.  They have consistently stated that stats are separate from income.  I don't understand how that is possible, but that is what they tell us.

makingamarkposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'm raising it here to alert others to see if they have the same problem.  I didn't think I needed to explain that bit!

I'm also talking about the CASH data on the Earnings Reports being very significantly different from the CASH payment notified via email. I'm not talking traffic.

If you seek information about an issue, perhaps you should be more specific when requesting it.  Had you done that, I would have responded differently.

I think maybe you didn't realise which part of the Forum I was posting in? Or the fact I was specific?

The Technical Forum is, I understand, monitored by the team (note the number of threads which are marked 'resolved') and I've certainly seen people regularly raise technical glitches here - as have I in the past.

It's probably best just to leave them to do their job.
            You really don't need to reply if you have nothing useful to say. 

Contrast with later replies which identified the problem very quickly - and I'm very appreciative of the people who took the trouble to provide an "answer".

1. Writer Fox profile image78
              Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You did not have a technical glitch.

It would help your understanding of how HP works if you would spend some time reading the information provided on the site:
              http://hubpages.com/faq/#hpads-payments

I know now that it was not a technical glitch. However I believed it was since I've never had such a large discrepancy before between dashboard cash and payments made.

I'm very sure I'm not the first person who has read all the relevant information at the beginning and then found something confusing later on.

Of course if HubPages provided a meaningful report of cash earned on the dashboard - in relation to what is payable on due dates - the misunderstanding would never arise in the first place for me or others.

The dashboard is not the place for that.  The Earnings Reports are.  HP indeed does provide proper and correct payment information...for those who take the time to learn how to find it!

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92

I provided an answer...to the question I thought you were asking.  Saying that what I provided was not worth writing is a bit harsh, don't you think?  After all, I was trying to help you based on what I thought you were asking.  If it had been specific enough, everybody would have understood what you were asking, not just some.

Maybe those who read it properly did understand?

I don't see any point whatsoever in continuing this nit picking debate. I'm now signed off from this discussion.

2. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 2 years ago

You're not adding the earnings from last month for HPads, amazon and ebay, are you?  Because Amazon part will be from April, not May.  Not sure about ebay, which month is payable this month.

Thanks - that might well be the explanation.

How odd that the totals provided on the dashboard bear no relation to the timing of the payments and hence provide no validation for Hubbers - without some effort on our part.

I'll change my spread sheet to split out the compoenent parts and add them into the right months so I've got a validation check

3. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

If you go to the Earnings tab - then go to balance history, scroll down and you will that the payment you get this month will have your Amazon from April and eBay from May, and your ad program earnings from May - then there will be a total.  You may be expecting your Amazon payment on the wrong month is what I suspect, but then again I could be wrong.  Mine seems to be right on target.

Thanks -  and your assumption is correct

I'm going to change my spreadsheet so I create the correct total via dashboard figures in the right months

4. paradigm search profile image59
    paradigm searchposted 2 years ago

Hadn't checked my email yet, so needless to say the thread title gave me the usual heart attack. big_smile

All was well, no surprises here.

@HP Thank you for that warm, fuzzy feeling every 28th of the month. No matter what the future brings, I will remember you until the day that I die.

Do not misunderstand the above statement, I plan on being around for many years to come. As will HubPages.

5. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago

Have you seen this page?

https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/history

I find it very helpful in keeping track of my earnings.  It is missing the amount earned last month for Amazon in the still unpaid figure at the bottom though.

Thank you - another helpful comment.

I had looked at this before but I must have not appreciated how closely it relates to the reconciliation between earnings and payments over time. It makes more sense now.

Maybe the title could be more helpful?

6. Kylyssa profile image95
    Kylyssaposted 2 years ago

Also, HubPages took on a new advertising partner a few months back and warned us that they might pay out more slowly and could possible result in getting some of a month's earnings at a later point than the rest. I think a two month delay would iron out the apparent discrepancies but I also think people would prefer to be paid sooner rather than later.

I couldn't find the post it was in though, so maybe I'm confusing HP with another site I'm using?

working