jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (25 posts)

Are traffic stats screwy again?

1. Lady Lorelei profile image81
    Lady Loreleiposted 2 years ago

I am watching a drastic drop in traffic figures across all my accounts so figure this must be another glitch. Anyone else seeing a free fall in traffic stats?

1. FatFreddysCat profile image90
      FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago in reply to this

When **aren't** the stats screwy around here?
      But seriously...yea, I think so. They were stuck for the last 24 hours or so, now last I checked it's showing 11 hours ago and the # seems lower than it should be.
      Either that or Google gave us the middle finger overnight again....

1. Lady Lorelei profile image81
        Lady Loreleiposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the reply. Just happy to know I am not the only one with numbers sitting where they shouldn't be. Misery loves company. wink

1. sallybea profile image98
          sallybeaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Looks like the stats are really low.   You are definitely not the only one.

2. Solaras profile image91
    Solarasposted 2 years ago

Mine are off 45% for a typical weekend.

3. chef-de-jour profile image87
    chef-de-jourposted 2 years ago

Definitely low. I'm hoping it's nothing but a silly glitch and not a sad reflection on the state of our hubs! Or has Google let out another algorithm?

4. paradigm search profile image59
    paradigm searchposted 2 years ago

Be not afraid, http://www.google.com/analytics/ Not pretty, but not disastrous.

My stats just got updated to double what they were a few minutes ago.  Love it.

1. Jeannieinabottle profile image84
        Jeannieinabottleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, the same thing happened to me.  My stats were low this morning, but they just doubled right now.  I don't know what to think!

2. FatFreddysCat profile image90
        FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Same here. (ala Kool Aid Man) "OH YEAAAAHHHH!"

5. sallybea profile image98
    sallybeaposted 2 years ago

I don't think they have been right for a few days but I am more than happy to accept that they are now much more in line with what they should be.

6. Thelma Alberts profile image82
    Thelma Albertsposted 2 years ago

Mine is also the same. Very low! When will it goes up again!

7. carolynkaye profile image92
    carolynkayeposted 2 years ago

Mine are at least double what they usually are.

8. firstcookbooklady profile image84
    firstcookbookladyposted 2 years ago

Well.. I looked at mine just now and I have one blue arrow and two pages with double  up arrows.. and so far I have had 5600 views. Since I got here last October. I earn about a dollar a month. By the time I'm 92, I should be up to two bucks a month. Perhaps that's selfish of me, expecting my income to double.

9. firstcookbooklady profile image84
    firstcookbookladyposted 2 years ago

hee hee hee

1. Redneck Lady Luck profile image79
      Redneck Lady Luckposted 2 years ago in reply to this

wink Yep.

10. Chriswillman90 profile image94
    Chriswillman90posted 2 years ago

So are they too high now? I'm always weary when stats are higher than normal; it usually signifies a glitch.

11. Sherry Hewins profile image94
    Sherry Hewinsposted 2 years ago

Mine are more than double their usual level. Not trusting this at all.

Perhaps they are making up for the day before when they were too low too.  One can live in hope.

1. Kylyssa profile image95
        Kylyssaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'm thinking it's a glitch. Surprising good things on slightly buggy websites are seldom real. My stats doubled, too.

The stats number is almost not depressing, although still lower than what I've been getting on one of my horribly neglected blogs. I need to re-evaluate where I'm putting my work when I get excited if traffic is only quite low rather than really, really low.

12. Kylyssa profile image95
    Kylyssaposted 2 years ago

Yep, the doubled stats are very likely associated with some sort of  glitch, either on the dashboard or on the individual hub stats. Go to a hub of yours that's got unusually high views today and check its stats using the "stats" button at the top. That number is substantially different than the dashboard number in all I've checked.

13. Lady Lorelei profile image81
    Lady Loreleiposted 2 years ago

Yep from half the normal visit count to double. Plus the ad revenue has not updated since Wednesday. This is getting almost silly. Which ever program is monitoring these stats should definitely have a little more accuracy to it.

14. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 2 years ago

Mine have also doubled - for a Sunday in the summer I don't trust it!

15. K Kiss profile image72
    K Kissposted 2 years ago

It fell drastically yesterday (like became half) and today it doubled of my normal... and I don't know what to believe

16. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 2 years ago

Looks like I am in the same boat...I posted this question before seeing  it was already up.

working