Flippin Eck! My hub stats have gone through the roof!

Jump to Last Post 1-42 of 42 discussions (53 posts)
  1. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 14 years ago

Wow! Something amazing has happened over night! Nearly all my hubs have red up arrows next to them. Ones that were getting 200 views a day have gone up to 700 views. My normal range of page views in a day for all my hubs is around 800, now the figure is 2,400!

I'm very happy about this but is it a glitch lol ?

Anyone else had this happen before?

I did spend some time recently cross linking my hubs through anchor text links, could this be why?

1. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me too...see my hubchallenge update - http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/18155?page=2#post525527

So this is not just me, that's very interesting!!!!

Susana Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I see on your thread you've put it down to the hubchallenge but i haven't done that, in fact i haven't written a hub for a couple of months (though i have done a bit of tweaking). It's weird, but good!

I wonder if it's a global HP thing?

2. Jackson Riddle profile image49
    Jackson Riddleposted 14 years ago

Yeah, I noticed this about 10min ago too, all of a sudden I got alot of views, well more than usual anyway over a really short period of time.

O well, i'm not complaining.

3. kephrira profile image61
    kephriraposted 14 years ago

Sorry to bring you guys down but I think its a glitch. My stats are showing a massive increase in traffic coming through links from my other sites, which haven't had an increase themselves and still have the links in the same places; I don't see how that's possible so Im assuming the stats must be wrong.

Susana Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm - poop, lol! All my extra traffic is showing as coming from google....let's wait and see if the HP team has anything to say about possible glitches (I'm going to enjoy this moment for as long as i can, lol)

4. Catherine R profile image60
    Catherine Rposted 14 years ago

Yes - it has happened to me too.  Well over double my normal views.  And there I was all excited........ damn.

5. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

I'm getting traffic all across the board - google, google images, yahoo, aol! anyway lets wait and see, because I know there has been a few things mentioned on other sites which have positively put hubpages in the limelight, so lets wait it out!

6. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 14 years ago

I wasn't getting any up dates all day.  I imagine the server just recorded all of the incoming traffic all at once, adding a day's worth of traffic on top of what you already had for 24 hours.

7. Elijah S profile image59
    Elijah Sposted 14 years ago

Same thing here. Might be related to the recent server problem, I doubt the numbers are real (sadly).

8. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

I just knew something wasn't right. My traffic tripled in just hours. Not possible, so must be a glitch!
    Oh well.....sad

9. waynet profile image69

Yep, just looked in depth into my GA stats, more probably a glitch, oh well back to writing some more hubpages!

Of course if I was really getting that much traffic my adsense earnings would be up....stupid me, running to conclusions!!

10. Laura du Toit profile image76
    Laura du Toitposted 14 years ago

Must be a system glitch. My Google Analytics shows no spike in number of visits and my HP stats also shows double the number of views. Wouldn't it be great if they were true. smile

11. Helen Cater profile image61
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

Wow what is going on. I just looked and mine have trippled. never seen so many red arrows, and most are from google.com. hubpages must have done something really right for this to happen. Keep it up, whatever it is.

12. Wayne Tully profile image65
    Wayne Tullyposted 14 years ago

With mine it's only affecting certain hubpages ie: the more popular ones that I've backlinked and promoted...just wait and see I guess!

13. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

Awww I saw the same thing this morning in my stats and got all excited, checked out ad sense and 1 page impression, didn't make sense. I guess it is a glitch sad

14. Helen Cater profile image61
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

Ah well, it was good while it lasted. the sats have not moved much so I guess they have all been added on in one go.

15. Amanda Severn profile image94
    Amanda Severnposted 14 years ago

Mine were down yesterday, but they've really jumped today, so I'm assuming a delay in reporting rather than some big, dramatic improvement.

16. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

YAY, it seems all stats went up one go, have been static for like two days already and now, all are ups!!

17. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Same thing, mine are near double. smile

1. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think it's a glitch that's counting every visit twice.

18. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 14 years ago

I think last days stats which were not added due to server problem , was added now.

19. waynet profile image69

It appears our traffic stats have frozen, so possibly a server side error glitch ....sigh!

Scratch that! they are still counting views, but 3 times as much traffic....ahhh the traffic possibilities!?? I wish!

20. NaomiR profile image76
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

Mine jumped, too. I thought something weird was up!

21. LVM profile image59
    LVMposted 14 years ago

It's definitely an HP error.  I have a 300 percent increase in traffic but my Google Analytics doesn't show the increase.

22. Janet21 profile image80
    Janet21posted 14 years ago

Definitely a glitch, but fun to look at.

23. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Me too, normal 30 -40 views (pretty pathetic) to 167 - wowzer!  And almost all of my hubs have red up arrows!  Queen for a hour LOL

24. DonnaCSmith profile image82
    DonnaCSmithposted 14 years ago

Me, too. Shoot, its probably a bug of some kind:-(

25. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

PING message?

26. weblog profile image58
    weblogposted 14 years ago

Hubtivity not showing at all, same in profile page. Anyone else?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image55
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

mine too

2. Amanda Severn profile image94
      Amanda Severnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Same here. Quite spooky. The Marie Celeste of the cyber world! LOL!

1. Amanda Severn profile image94
        Amanda Severnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Whoah! They're all back again! Someone must have tripped over a cable or something!

27. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Mine more than tripled.  I had 21 with double arrows and I didn't even count the single red arrows.  It was sure nice to see.  I wish I could see that everyday!  But, like everyone else, I checked Google Analytics and Adsense and no such spike. sad

28. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Great Groovy Glitch lol

29. Ms Chievous profile image65
    Ms Chievousposted 14 years ago

A Friday the 13th Glitch! I thought Google was being too kind! Hope it doesn't cause confusion with Adsense!

1. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah. I hope so too.

2. sabrebIade profile image79
      sabrebIadeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Happy Paraskevidekatriaphobia Day!
      Or is it Triskaidekaphobia Day?
      Kinda weird huh?

30. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

The source is Tasmania... where they do everything twice, due to their twinheadedness; including Not Clicking on Addupyourcents ads lol

Eric will be in his Lab again smile

31. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

it's nice to see double red arrows on almost all my hubs, even if a glitch!

32. profile image0
    Wendi Mposted 14 years ago

Haven't experienced that increase in stats here.

33. The Rope profile image61
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

My stats haven't increased but my profile was gone and my forum posts were stuck under the "YOUR" tab and still are.  My profile however is back but my hubtivity is back, guess they are finally up to the T's in working through things.  Wish I could have seen those huge stats - even if just for a moment.

34. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Think I will work on writing up some hubs by hand and then getting them typed up and ready to post come Monday. All this is a bit wierd and maybe by then it will have settled.

35. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 14 years ago

Some extra pageviews were counted for several hours last night as we switched back to the master from the backup database.  It's fairly difficult to roll those back, so you'll just see extra traffic in your stats for that period.  Processing appears to be back on track, so you should see a decline in your day views back to "normal" levels this evening (as the inflated hours start to drop off).

36. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Thanks Paul... Great News yikes
    Oh I wish you had said this without your smiling photo hmm

37. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Thanks Paul.

Uhm, can you hold that 'back to normal level'? Want to enjoy my 1,000 one-day view before the number disappears forever lol

38. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Hmm-- I was wondering if it was a glitch, too, as my total views have gone up about 400%. Lots of red arrows lots of double red..

I suppose  that should mean higher earnings. Time will tell.
    OK, now I see Paul's note above.
    The red arrows look festive.

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope, it's just inflated traffic stats due to a fixing of glitches.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
        Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was just being hopeful. smile

39. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Do we have to fix the glitch? I kinda like the color red lol Cheers!

40. Hope Wilbanks profile image66
    Hope Wilbanksposted 14 years ago

Same here, lots of red arrows.

41. arun kuruvilla profile image76
    arun kuruvillaposted 14 years ago

problem again with stats.
    7 hubs -- Six down arrows !!
    some negative numbers in "Who's driving your traffic?" !?

42. Benz B profile image59
    Benz Bposted 14 years ago

Im not getting any response as of yesterday between google adsense and hubpages.  Whatever happened on the system knocked my adsense account out and now it is no longer verified.  This is what it says:

Verification status    

Not Verified - Last attempt Less than a minute ago - Show history Hide history
    Attempted     Method     Outcome
    Less than a minute ago
    11/15/09 6:31:05 AM UTC     HTML file     Verification failed. Your verification file was not found.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)