jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

New yoga hub has gotten duplication error message

1. Kristen Howe profile image88
    Kristen Howeposted 2 years ago

I've just published my new yoga hub to HP and it has gotten the duplicate error, when it's new and original from my past two weeks of yoga classes. It's not a duplicate from previous yoga hubs either. Why?

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Maybe you have repeated yourself in similar Hubs?

Bx

Kristen Howeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Maybe. I've revised it and I got the same message. Ugh! We do the same yoga routines and add some different to each practice each week.

1. relache profile image86
          relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

So what you are saying is that some of the content IS identical to something you already published, you just forgot you're copying your own material.

It's an automated filter which checks for text duplication.  Don't reuse any text, neither your own nor anyone else's, and you won't have these problems.

2. ChristinS profile image93
      ChristinSposted 2 years ago in reply to this

There's obviously enough similarity it's tripping the filters.  Maybe do less of these hubs, or combine some of them together into a more thorough comprehensive hub.  Instead of a weekly one or whatever you are doing, go for once a month or every six weeks and be sure the content is completely original - not just slightly reworded or whatever from your other pieces. 

If you are repeating the same material in multiple hubs, that's not the best strategy anyway.

3. Kristen Howe profile image88

Realized I forgot to submit it for publication by hitting the button--no pending circle though and hopes it goes through.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 2 years ago

Is any content reproduced from ANYWHERE else?

Hi Relache. Nope. Just for HP. It's still unpublished after I revised the whole thing and got the duplicate error message again.

3. Kristen Howe profile image88

Christin, I do them twice a month--the same for Pilates. I've revised it twice and still get the same pink revision highlight with no pending symbol.  Last week's Pilates hub had no issues--I might do the same for that in the future. I might give it a try and add more to it in weeks to come. I've made it original as possible like the others with my own personal experience on it. Most of the routines are the same, except for new poses in the end of session. That's the only thing is different from the rest. Ugh. *HP giving me hard time*

4. Gypsy Rose Lee profile image62
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 2 years ago

I have poetry that used to be published elsewhere but has long now been sitting in a folder. I take taht poetry and get new ideas and then make additions. I use a free plagerism checker just in case. I shows me that the poem is now ready to be published. I put it on HubPages they say it looks like its published elsewhere. What the heck??? So in my last misunderstanding with them I told them which checker I use, and I asked them two things one to suggest a better checker or to let me know if perhaps someone has stolen my poem and it is published somewhere online. I am waiting for a reply. However usually if I want to just go on and continue posting I just give up and delete that poem. I mean sometimes it's just not worth the aggravation. Hope your problem gets sorted out. I will say that I don't know what is really going on here but lately I have seen quite a few hubs on which I click and it says no longer published.

5. Kristen Howe profile image88

Gypsy, I'm sorry to hear about your poetry. My problem did get sorted out yesterday, when it finally gotten approved after 24+ hours of pending status. Now I have to fix another one this week with the grammar issues.

working